Battle at the black gate

The wizard battle

I took advantage of Amazon having 33 % off on most sets and got the following:

70403: Dragon Mountain (x2)

70402: The Gatehouse Raid

70401: Gold Getaway

79007: Battle at the Black Gate

79006: The Council of Elrond (x2)

I'm going to sell most of the minifigs to recoup some of the expenses. Luckily, there's not many of those figs that interest me.

Picked up the Corsair Ship finally. Now Orthanc is the only LOTR set I'm missing from the collection.

This is a long one, I never thought I would end up getting all the LOTR sets but I have been picking them up one by one over the last year and a few weeks ago I found Weathertop 75% off which left only Mines of Moria to get from the first wave and I had a good voucher so was able to get that at a good price too. Then I thought I am only 2 hobbit sets away too so I got one of them that I was missing.

Then the amazon sale happened here in the UK so I got 2 black gates and the Corsair Ship 33% off

I just need the two hard to find sets Orthanc and barrel escape, my plan is to get Orthanc in oct when there is double VIP points and use them to get barrel escape cheaper.

I have never thought about getting all the sets as they cost so much but have been finding them one by one in sales and when I got close just ending up buying the rest. It kind of makes it a lot easier not having to pick which sets to get and just getting them all. It helps that it looks like the waves are getting smaller and that makes me think I can get them all.

Anyway I have never spent so much on lego than I have this month and it all started with a 75% off set which cost me a lot more than I thought.

This is a long one, I never thought I would end up getting all the LOTR sets but I have been picking them up one by one over the last year and a few weeks ago I found Weathertop 75% off which left only Mines of Moria to get from the first wave and I had a good voucher so was able to get that at a good price too. Then I thought I am only 2 hobbit sets away too so I got one of them that I was missing.

Then the amazon sale happened here in the UK so I got 2 black gates and the Corsair Ship 33% off

I just need the two hard to find sets Orthanc and barrel escape, my plan is to get Orthanc in oct when there is double VIP points and use them to get barrel escape cheaper.

I have never thought about getting all the sets as they cost so much but have been finding them one by one in sales and when I got close just ending up buying the rest. It kind of makes it a lot easier not having to pick which sets to get and just getting them all. It helps that it looks like the waves are getting smaller and that makes me think I can get them all.

Anyway I have never spent so much on lego than I have this month and it all started with a 75% off set which cost me a lot more than I thought.

I have a dream...

30061 Attack Wagon (x2)

852922 Battle Pack Dragon Knights (x2)

7949 Prison Carriage Rescue (x1)

Viking Woman (x1)

Very glad I found these... Lotta minifigs for my Hemresa Legion

Tower of Orthac.

2x forest ambush

2x 40057 fall scene ( Which is a small town poly bag. ) Would have bought 10 if they had more in my local lego shop since they have great pieces.

4 PAB cups. So i have some more pieces to work with.

Probably gonna get a few 30061 attack wagons next, but i would buy them only for the horse in the set, and im thinking thats a bit expensive for 1 horse.

Finally decided to pick up the Death Star using Double VIP points. I bought it for my son, even though he's only six years old. I plan to keep it in the attic until he's old enough to really enjoy building it with me. I know they will soon stop making the kit, and I'd rather buy it now than spend 3-4x to buy it when he's ready!

Now it will just be a test of my will to see if I can resist cracking the box and building it in secret.... :tongue:

--Rob

Probably gonna get a few 30061 attack wagons next, but i would buy them only for the horse in the set, and im thinking thats a bit expensive for 1 horse.

Where do you find that one? I've never seen one here in Denmark, sadly...

...and what horse are you talking about? :look:

Where do you find that one? I've never seen one here in Denmark, sadly...

...and what horse are you talking about? :look:

Stupid me, i was thinking of 70401 Gold get away.

That other set looks interesting though. Sorry, havent seen it in DK either. Gonna ask them about it in the LEGO shop tomorrow and give an update. :)

At TRU using their Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off sale (plus getting 2 $10 gift cards by splitting it up into two purchases) I got 4 Forest Ambush sets and 2 Gatehouse Raids. Then at KMart's additional 50% off clearance sale I bought 2 Uruk Hai Army sets for $14 each (and sold the Eomer figures for $3.25 each further reducing what I had in them) and 1 copy of Attack of the Wargs for $23.50 (I also sold the Dwarves and White Warg to split that cost in half again). I am hoping to get the Tower of Orthanc this month during double points.

I'm very gratified to be so successful as I've been at collecting this theme, particularly considering how late I started. Just today I went to my local TRU, and took advantage of both the current US promo and last week's 30% sale on 79004 Barrel Escape - yesterday was supposed to be the last day that sale price was valid, but they had inadvertently left the sale sign up for it and so the manager let me get one at that price, and combine it with the current BOGO to get 9470 Shelob Attacks for 40% off - granted, that would be 40% off TRU's marked up price of $24.99 rather than the MSRP of $19.99, but it still amounted to 25% off the MSRP, and I got both sets together for less than fifty bucks. I also found 9474 The Battle of Helm's Deep clearanced for $89 yesterday and put it on layaway, and finally I picked up a free copy of 30213 (the Gandalf polybag) in a Walmart "Toyland" promotion.

I'm on my way...

I finally caved and ended up buying 2x Tower of Orthanc during the double VIP deal from Lego S@H. I will probably end up selling the two limited edition Christmas Tree creator sets I will be getting with the orders as I have no use at all for them and it will help me recoup back some of the cost. I also bought 8x Undead Soldiers on BrickLink, and hair pieces for all my baldie Mordor Orcs! I think I am finally all caught up on everything released so far, and just in time for the next Hobbit wave!

from target

70401: Gold Getaway

two series 11 barbarians

from the lego store

70402: The Gatehouse Raid

79006: The Council of Elrond

A large PAB cup

BAM

2 series 11 yeti

1 series 11 barbarian

The the castle edition of brick journal

The free winter promotional set

EDIT: I forgot I also got the sorting tray thing.

Edited by Crazycrownieguy

Ended up buying 10 more Rohan Soldiers and 40 more Uruk-hai off BrickLink. I swear I am done with them now! :grin:

The first step in treating addiction is admitting you have a problem. :laugh: