Konrade

What's your latest acquisition?

^ on my phone can't see that pic that well how much was it and where from x x x

Yeah the pic didn't take well. :sceptic: . It's a 30% off damaged box Orthanc from The LEGO store. :sweet:

Good find, I want one 30% off l keep the boxes but they are not a must.

Good find, I want one 30% off l keep the boxes but they are not a must.

Almost all the sets I get are damaged boxes, I'm good friends with the guy who keeps track of them at the LEGO store. :grin: I really don't care about the boxes, only the set inside. :grin:

70400, 70401, 70402, 70403 and 70404.

I've allready built the first 4 and package 1 of the castle. I'll build the rest tomorrow.

I picked up an extra Helm's Deep at Target today. It was marked down from $129.99 to $90.98. I did not need it but could not pass up that deal. Now the question is do I resale it once the other stores get rid of their stock or do I use it for extra castle brick.

It has my favorite Tolkien character in it: Theoden.

Well I finally ordered all of the LotR wave 2 sets after waiting what seems like forever for a decent sale. Yoyo currently has 20% off all Lego when you purchase 3 or more sets, plus no taxes and free express shipping. Not quite as good as the 25%+ I was waiting for with Amazon, but still not bad. I picked up:

2x Wizard Battle

2x Council of Elrond

3x Battle at the Black Gates

2x Pirate Ship Ambush

Now to wait till double VIP points from Lego and I will order two Towers of Orthanc and finally be all caught up with the LotR Lego sets. Just in time for the next Hobbit wave too!

Just bought 2 Black Gates and 1 Pirate ship.

Black gates look nice on display and more impressive than Uruk-Hai Army's wall. And supposedly gives the Orcs some home base/castle. Maybe that's why TLG release Black gate this year.

Pirate ship looks quite bare. I'm thinking to buy a few more and beef up the ships. Can't get enough of the deads.

The only problem with buying multiples is ending up with too many unique figures. Gimli I planned to have him as a generic dwarf for my dwarf army. For Legolas, change his head to become generic elven archers. Aragorn old torso can be used for civilians. Aragorn's new torso be used for Gondor army, but it look to regal for generic soldiers. Can't think of anything for multiples of White Gandalf and Mouth.

I just picked up each of the 4 smaller Castle sets (all but the castle itself). I finally finished building them all today. I think I want some more of the Gatehouse Raid. That's my favorite of the lot with the barding for the red dragon knights and the useful parts throughout the rest of it.

A deal that I am very happy about. 2 x the mines of Moriah without figs for 15 Eu each, thats about 1400 parts for 30 Eu.

I bought new 10237 Tower of Orthanc for 99 EUR, yes i am lucky man :wink: and 79006 for 40EUR, for me two best sets of this year.

I bought new 10237 Tower of Orthanc for 99 EUR, yes i am lucky man :wink: and 79006 for 40EUR, for me two best sets of this year.

?!?

How on earth did that work?

?!?

How on earth did that work?

It´s little secret my friend, I built up today for almost 6 hours and it´s incredible set, I can recommend to all.

I purchased 10223 Kingdoms Joust a few days ago for 98 USD shipped. I was hoping to wait for it to hit $90 shipped (if it ever does) but I figured an extra $8 isn't worth the bother. Now I'm all out of sets to buy except for Ewok Village, and I'll be waiting until that goes on sale. That's probably a good thing as I now have five sets that I haven't even opened. :look:

Um, The Black Gate, Council of Elrond, small P-a-B, two create your own minifig things, and two birthday cakes, a chicken nugget, and a great time for $60 at my LEGO store's anniversary Creation Nation event! :sweet:

Finally ordered a copy of Orthanc as well, but I'm still waiting and keeping my eyes out for some great Amazon sale on the other new LotR sets...

the new castle Gold getaway is my latest purchase, Brickshow said it was not a very good carriage but I disagree, it looks very medieval and unlike the lone ranger carriage it is in much better proportion size-wise with the horse.

I have all the new castle 2013 sets now and think they are excellent.

I bought a second Weathertop for $40. The box was smashed and taped shut but after buying it I verified that all the bags were in it unopened.

I purchased another Kingdoms Joust set for $85 shipped. Now I think I'm finally done buying LEGO for the time being, other than a few cheap pieces.

Oh man... I told myself I wasn't going to start collecting everything in this theme....

These purchases have been spread out over the summer:

Attack of the Wargs - $30 Walmart deal

Helms Deep - $90 Target clearance

Mines of Moria x2 - Bought one on ebay sealed for $54 shipped, and saw one at Walmart for $55. Not sure if I'm going to keep both, I'd like the 2nd cave troll to put with The Black Gate (they turned the crank to open the gate in the movie), and I can use the parts for castle MOCing.

An Unexpected Gathering - $50 Walmart clearnace

Barrel Escape - $30 at TRU. I think they might have made a pricing error, they had a sign with the $30 price, but rang up as regular. They gave it to me for the cheaper price :grin:

Goblin King Battle - $65 Walmart Clearance. I don't really like the set, but I wanted the figures and will use the parts for MOCing.

I want to wait for a good deal on Uruk Hai Army before I get any of those. They had a ton at the local Walmart, and I'm assuming they will eventually discount them like the other sets. Makes me dirty doing all this shopping at Walmart, it takes Lego to get me to walk into that store..........

I picked up Wizard Battle about a month ago not knowing that Orthanc was a kit. When I found out about Orthanc, I had to have it as well, so now I've got a bit of redundancy but I suppose that's ok :laugh: Orthanc is by far the biggest kit I've ever bought, and it took me the longest to build too- more than a week! Life got in the way a good bit though, and I think drawing the build out that long just made me appreciate it more. I'm not crazy about how they did the Ent, but the tower itself is top notch.

Oh man... I told myself I wasn't going to start collecting everything in this theme....

These purchases have been spread out over the summer:

Attack of the Wargs - $30 Walmart deal

Helms Deep - $90 Target clearance

Mines of Moria x2 - Bought one on ebay sealed for $54 shipped, and saw one at Walmart for $55. Not sure if I'm going to keep both, I'd like the 2nd cave troll to put with The Black Gate (they turned the crank to open the gate in the movie), and I can use the parts for castle MOCing.

An Unexpected Gathering - $50 Walmart clearnace

Barrel Escape - $30 at TRU. I think they might have made a pricing error, they had a sign with the $30 price, but rang up as regular. They gave it to me for the cheaper price :grin:

Goblin King Battle - $65 Walmart Clearance. I don't really like the set, but I wanted the figures and will use the parts for MOCing.

I want to wait for a good deal on Uruk Hai Army before I get any of those. They had a ton at the local Walmart, and I'm assuming they will eventually discount them like the other sets. Makes me dirty doing all this shopping at Walmart, it takes Lego to get me to walk into that store..........

I'm in a constant state of LEGO acquisition triage, as it were, and the combined themes of The Hobbit / The Lord of the Rings have been mostly deferred on my list of priorities, until today, when I found a bunch of the sets on clearance. I picked up 79000 Riddles for the Ring, and put on layaway all of the following:

9471 Uruk-hai Army (x2)

9472 Attack on Weathertop (x3)

79001 Escape From Mirkwood Spiders

79002 Attack of the Wargs

79003 An Unexpected Gathering

I do already have 9469 Gandalf Arrives and one copy of 9472 Attack on Weathertop, so I'm on my way, but there are things I've already missed out on like the Elrond polybag from the game promotion, though I do hope to get that one eventually. Of all the ones I've gotten (or am in the process of getting), Gandalf Arrives is the only one for which I've paid MSRP; everything else has been on sale / clearance.

Oh, and I also received a Shop at Home order a few days ago that included eight Minifigures Series 11. Half of them turned out to be Barbarians!

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I got two bricklink orders this week and am waiting for a third that has taken quite a long time already... I hope it's not lost ;____; And I just made another bricklink order of 1 Mill Village Raid!!! Finally I'm getting it <3 + some other useful bricks :)