Konrade

What's your latest acquisition?

I bought Wizard battle for the Saruman Minifig and went on ebay to acquire Gandalf the White for 17.99 oh well!

For a set that will be discounted to $50 in a few weeks, that seems like an excessive measure...you really didn't need King Aragorn or the Mouth of Sauron? I'm waiting til the Black Gate hits Amazon to pick it up.

Today I got the Forest Ambush at TRU and the Vampyre's Castle on clearance at Walmart. That castle was marked down to $69.

I finally convinced myself to get Attack on Weathertop. I've been on the fence for a long time, but was afraid that I'd end up regretting missing out on it if I didn't get it. And I got it on amazon at roughly 60 % of the price I could get it at locally, so...

My shopping spree continues, this time with quite the lucky find:

250px-8801.jpg and 250px-8802_Dark_Fortress_Landing.jpg

I've wanted 8802 for quite a while, as I've been looking to add some scorpion knights and their emblem to my collection - and I find this set to be one of the very best sets from KKII with some interesting bricks and colors. I'm not a huge fan of the ship from 8801, but I'll try replacing the grey with brown and see what happens... the jelly knights will go on Bricklink.

The best part of this is that I got both of them MISB for a combined price, including shipping, that was significantly lower than the cheapest price for 8802 alone on Bricklink without shipping! Yay me! :grin:

This is definately the best LEGO deal I've done for a long time. I just loooove getting unopened vintage sets.

I got all four LotR sets... now just waiting for the Tower of Orthanc to be available.

Just bit it and ordered another 9474 Battle of Helms Deep. At 32% off and thus reaching a reasonable price, i could not resist to get it a second time. In LOTR terms, the set is a must have and a pleasure to own and look at.

Even from a more general perspective, this is the best castle TLG has made so far, IMHO.

Preordered a Council of Elrond at amazon Germany for 36,99 incl shipping.

Bought a giant eagle at ebay for 12 Euro. Not cheap, but I am eager to attach the wings to a horse to make a pegasus.

Just ordered the complete LOTR 2013 line. I can't wait!

To add an addendum: I ordered late last night, around midnight, and they shipped today. Now that's service!

Edited by TheLegoDr

Orthanc must be arriving today, have tonight and tomorrow night off... so really can't wait :grin:

Picked up the hobbit unexpected board game for half off at Meijer for the parts.

My shopping spree continues, this time with quite the lucky find:

250px-8801.jpg and 250px-8802_Dark_Fortress_Landing.jpg

I've wanted 8802 for quite a while, as I've been looking to add some scorpion knights and their emblem to my collection - and I find this set to be one of the very best sets from KKII with some interesting bricks and colors. I'm not a huge fan of the ship from 8801, but I'll try replacing the grey with brown and see what happens... the jelly knights will go on Bricklink.

The best part of this is that I got both of them MISB for a combined price, including shipping, that was significantly lower than the cheapest price for 8802 alone on Bricklink without shipping! Yay me! :grin:

This is definately the best LEGO deal I've done for a long time. I just loooove getting unopened vintage sets.

Jelly knights, lol. The Bear warrior - I forget his name - his breastplate is actually useful for Game of Thrones MOCs, you can use them to make Mormont Bannermen (Alysane, Maege, etc.). Anything with Jayko's sigil is actually well colored and decorated for Arryn troops of the Vale. Danju would be good for the Starks, but he's just too goofily purple. The green fellow - Rascus? - well, he's pretty pointless as well, though I could see him showing up as a Mercenary in Essos.

Those two sets were great, I remember buying them in-store way back when.

As for acq's, I ordered Orthanc like every other devoted AFOL on here, hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

I just broke the seals on my new Tower of Orthanc, I suspect I'll be away from the keyboard for the next few hours :sweet:

Ordered "10223 Kingdoms Joust" a week ago.

I wanted to buy the Tower of Orthanc, but then I saw this set and fell in love with it. :grin:

Ordered "10223 Kingdoms Joust" a week ago.

I wanted to buy the Tower of Orthanc, but then I saw this set and fell in love with it. :grin:

It's a great set-- pair it with the Kingdoms Castle and the MMV and you've got the centerpiece of your Castle collection.

The Tower of Orthanc arrived a few days ago (my birthday present this year, thankfully - that would have been a hefty wallet buster.) I spent a good five hours building it yesterday and finally found a spot for it today; it's easily my favorite display piece now and the flagship of the LotR line. Took a few shots of it just now.

9179685978_a1defc21cf.jpg 9179683306_afb8e33871.jpg

I'll probably rebuild the Orc Forge set to have a small Isengard diorama.

Edited by Karlson

I made a Bricklink order... And am about to make a couple more... It is very difficult on there, to find pages with enough good parts. I want to build a dragon, because I've had the wings from a ship in the Knights Kingdom II line for years, and had no dragon head and some other parts. So I finally want to build a dragon :)

I ordered amongst many other parts:

Dragon head

Claws

Viking shields (the big ones)

Where do i Post this???? I want to brag really bad, lol.

76.00 on Goodwill..

So I got this box of about 5 pounds of legos.. here was my opening sight...looks good from here.

9186869345_52fdc8117b_c.jpg

So then i dump this out onto the table..

9186869803_83217fe2f9_c.jpg

This is starting to look promising... wait till i get going!

9186868925_ce739e983d_c.jpg

Wow I got the infamous Black Sword!!!

9186870267_f0b6efdf71_c.jpg

50 Minifigs...WOW 2 Black Laced Forestmans and the female Forestwoman!

Edited by natesroom

Excellent find. I always check at Salvation Army and Goodwill but never have found anything like that. I am very envious. Enjoy them. Forestmen were my favorites before my dark ages.

That poster is a lot bigger than I expected. Granted Orthanc itself is a lot bigger than expected too. You can visualize 28 inches, but until you actually see it, you will feel you underestimated.

I just got the collectors edition Xwing at my local lego store. Im getting ready to build it up with a good movie to watch. That is a sweet find there Natesroom! I have quite a collection of forestmen myself and somehow it seems you can never have enough of them!

Coot