Konrade

What's your latest acquisition?

Was at the LEGO store in Overland Park, KS yesterday. First time I was ever at a Lego store and it was pretty exciting!

I got 2 PAB cups, with a bunch of brown 2x4's and gray slopes, among other parts. That was pretty fun- just filling up a cup with handfuls of parts. :)

I also got 4 Series 9 CMFs- and got 2 policemen :sceptic: , Mr Good-and-Evil, and the Roller Derby girl (another :sceptic: , but oh well). I also got the Castle Chess set, mainly for the minifigures. For castle army building you can't hardly beat it- 28 minifigs w/ accessories!

A couple of old sets: 6080- Kings castle, 6040 Blacksmith shop, 6061 Siege tower (all joined together in the photo) all with boxes. also 6081- Kings mountain fortress and 6075 Wolfpack tower, trying to build my old school collection while I wait for new LotR sets to be released. As you can see my daughters are quite happy about it :laugh:

8554268652_d5291b0aab.jpg

castle picture by slobey79, on Flickr

Edited by Slobey

Placed order for Gamdolf arrives and Weathertop with a bunch of other lego on amazon today. Now I am missing only Urakai army and Orc forge to complete 2012 Lotr line

Edited by shadowhearth

Just bought a complete, boxed (though opened) 6081 King's Mountain Fortress from an eBay seller for £35 - BARGAIN!

To that other bidder, you fought long and hard my friend, but the Brick God was, alas, not on your side :laugh:

I finally acquired a Series 2 CMF Spartan. I won't be army building with him, but he is a nice addition to my collection.

And then I ordered a few pieces for a Guilds of Historica MOC I'm working on, but I probably could have not ordered those and been just fine. I just had the LEGO itch to scratch.

Finally picked up a copy of Uruk-Hai Army to attach to my Helms Deep. A nice little army builder and I plan to get at least one more.

A couple of weeks ago Walmart was getting rid of The MINES OF MORIA for half price. I couldn't resist! :blush:

I haven't opened it yet. I'm looking forward to it though because its the first set that I've bought that has an overly large "minifigure".

Just bought a complete, boxed (though opened) 6081 King's Mountain Fortress from an eBay seller for £35 - BARGAIN!

To that other bidder, you fought long and hard my friend, but the Brick God was, alas, not on your side :laugh:

You Lucky dog. Ive been searching for one of those. Good find!

I finally decided to buy the Goblin King set. Amazon.co.uk had a 37% discount so I only paid 60 euro instead of 100 euro. :classic:

I got Barrel Escape from TRU today. That completes my LotR / Hobbit sets until the Hobbit Blueray comes out at Target.

I picked up a two more Series 9 minifigs hoping for a Forest Maiden and Fortune Teller. I think my feeling system is off. I got another starlet.

A couple of weeks ago Walmart was getting rid of The MINES OF MORIA for half price. I couldn't resist! :blush:

I haven't opened it yet. I'm looking forward to it though because its the first set that I've bought that has an overly large "minifigure".

You Lucky dog. Ive been searching for one of those. Good find!

My walmart did the same thing but mine was about 4 months ago.

Acquired 79003 An Unexpected Gathering.

Most probably the only Hobbit Line set i will ever buy. I love LOTR and will continue to collect the line, but the Hobbit story and sets (especially those childish dwarf thingy) are way too silly for me. Even the beautiful Elven Figures and garments can't pursuade me. Would love to see some Wargs in a LOTR set though.

Great set! Would have bought all they had at 50% off. You could sell the extra cave trolls alone to pay for all that dark gray brick.

I finally decided to buy the Goblin King set. Amazon.co.uk had a 37% discount so I only paid 60 euro instead of 100 euro. :classic:

I just can't get into that set. It's been 25% on Amazon US for as long as I can remember. I'll bite if it ever hits 50%...

Acquired 79003 An Unexpected Gathering.

Most probably the only Hobbit Line set i will ever buy. I love LOTR and will continue to collect the line, but the Hobbit story and sets (especially those childish dwarf thingy) are way too silly for me. Even the beautiful Elven Figures and garments can't pursuade me. Would love to see some Wargs in a LOTR set though.

Totally agree. I can't get excited by The Hobbit sets. Ordered An Unexpected Gathering, and might pick up the warg set if I can get it on a good sale.

I got Riddles for the Ring and the Gandalf polybag last week at Walmart. They're great sets, though I modified Riddles to take out the play feature and have a place for Gollum to stalk inside the cave. I do plan on getting more of the polybags for the excellent pieces (Longswords, skulls, dark gray slopes, and of course Gandalf).

I just got back into Lego and have been on a bit of a binge, last week I got the Medieval Market Village and the Village Mill Raid. Today I got the Mirkwood Spider Escape. I'm undecided on the Kingdoms Joust set, I really like the mini-figures but the scale of the scene is out from my castle :|

In the past two months (late January and late February) I got a Kingdoms Chess set, one in each of the two months, at the (semi-local) LEGO Brand Retail Store, for a grand total of 6 Kingdoms Chess sets (one of them is for a trade for the Knights Kingdom (II) Chess set that was released way back in 2005 -- from a son of an aquaintance of mine -- for which I do not have any copies at the moment :cry_sad:), all in being bought at the same LEGO store in the past 10 months. Therefore, I am done with myself in buying Kingdoms Chess sets for good, as I have more than enough Dragon Knight Chess Pawn and Lion Knight Chess Pawn minifigures that are made in China! :tongue::sweet:

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

I just ordered 10 more Moria Orcs off Blicklink, bringing my total to 30. I am pretty much set on them, now to finish my Mordor Orcs up...

Kingdoms Joust

The Hobbit Unexpected Gathering

The Hobbit Escapse from Mirkwood Forest

I recently ordered my first sets again after I moved last summer. I hope tomorow or tuesday my Mines of Moria and Weathertop sets will come in with the mail.

Those are my first boughts since may/june 2012 so I'm very excited about them :laugh:

The wargs set and the battle for helmsdeep are also on my wish list, so I'll probably buy them next month haha