Konrade

What's your latest acquisition?

I was able to buy Mirkwood Spiders, Escape in the Barrels, and Attack of the Wargs on Ebay without minifigures for $40 shipped. I can't wait to get these bricks so I can double up my current builds!

I bought 4 CMF9, two of them were Maiden with bow, Cyclop and Spaceman.

Lucky I think :wink:

Last night I finally got my hands on some CMF 9. I only could find the Cyclops, but he is way better in person than I expected. I may end up picking up a few more, which I didn't plan on doing!

And I found a fortune teller. She will be a great gypsy addition to my settings. I was surprised I found any since they are distributed far less than expected. No knights in sight though!

And I found a mermaid, just to bring about some more aquatic mythicism.

I bought Goblin King Battle yesterday. But I did not apply all stickers... What say you of the stickers? :/

Also I've been thinking of getting the Vampyre Castle for parts. Is it worth it? There is a place which by Swedish standards has an extremely good price.

Just bought a MISB Helm's Deep for $105 USD, free shipping. Not the bargain of the century but judging by how hard it is getting to find these, I was pleased. Now the only LOTR set I don't own is the Orc Forge. Unfortunately I've blown my budget until April, so that will have to wait. :)

A house... with a seperate office in the backyard, which I claimed for my hobby. Let us build mega lego MOCs. :grin:

A house... with a seperate office in the backyard, which I claimed for my hobby. Let us build mega lego MOCs. :grin:

Congrats man, sounds like a dream come true.

Heroic knight, 2 forest maidens and a fortune teller. Very happy with all of them. Now that I have it in hand, I would prefer some color on the knight, but it would make a great statue as it is, so thats kinda cool.

250px-Col101.jpg250px-MermaidCM.jpg250px-HeroicKnight.jpg250px-HeroicKnight.jpg250px-Forestwoman.jpg250px-Col109.jpg250px-FortuneTeller.jpg161px-MS8_Pirate_Captain.jpg161px-MS8_Vampire_Bat.jpg

My latest haul from Bricklink. :classic:

Edited by Hive

I gave up trying to find the Mirkwood Elf polybag at Toys R Us so I bought three on Bricklink.

Only a 60% mark up. :P

6081- Kings mountain Fortress & 6075 - Wolfpack Tower, slowly trying to accumulate the sets I loved as a kid........

Kings mountain fortress is a fantastic set. I still have mine from when I was a kid and it's one of my all time favorites. Enjoy!

Kings mountain fortress is a fantastic set. I still have mine from when I was a kid and it's one of my all time favorites. Enjoy!

It was one one of mine too, but I sold it when I went into my dark ages six years ago..... Very happy to have acquired it again! :-)

Please go take a look here:

http://www.eurobrick...6

I got my childhood Lego collection back, and there's a bunch of Castle stuff in there. I'm so stoked to piece it all back together. Based on the instructions I re-discovered, here are the sets I probably have (just of Castle):

Black Falcons

6073 - Knight's Castle

6074 - Black Falcon's Fortress

Black Knights

6059 - Knight's Stronghold

1491 - Dual Defender

6057 - Sea Serpent

1547 - Black Knights Boat

1624 - King's Archer

Wolfpack

6038 - Wolfpack Renegades

1596 - Ghostly Hideout

Dragon Knights

6048 - Majisto's Magical Workshop

6056 - Dragon Wagon

6082 - Fire Breathing Fortress

6086 - Black Knight's Castle

What do you guys think? I'm going to part them together, and I was thinking I could maybe also take some photos and write reviews for them, if that would be welcome.

Edited by Zeya

Guys. i dont want to open a whole thread about this, but i can get 79010 "goblin king" for 60eu brand new. Worth getting it for that price?

I get it for 62 euros and i realy love to build it. The official price for this is 99.99 so it's a realy good deal for a box under licence. You will not be disappointed.

I get it for 62 euros and i realy love to build it. The official price for this is 99.99 so it's a realy good deal for a box under licence. You will not be disappointed.

Cheers. I am pushing it a wee but now, but I decided to pull the trigger and get it. Its damn good price and there won't be any technic sets out till August, so I hopefully won't be spending too much on lego after this till August!

Finally picked up a copy of Helms Deep. I've wanted its since it was released but finances have dicated that I could not afford it until now. It was worth the wait though. The intricate details and advanced building techniques are the sort that you would usually associate with exclusives such as the MMV or Joust. Its nice to have a castle that doesn't follow the generic four wall pattern either. The best set from the LOTR theme by an absolute country mile.

I bought the Rancor Pit on Saturday. Before you cry foul because that's a SW set and this isn't a SW thread, please hear me out. I can't help but think of it as a fantasy set. If, as I intend, you remove Luke Skywalker and the Rancor's keeper, what are you left with? A dungeon chamber, a skeleton (that I'll arm with a sword), a Gamorrean - an orc by any other name - and the Rancor, a troll/umber hulk type monster.

I don't collect SW apart from three minifigs. 95% of my collection is historical/fantasy/horror. I just see the Rancor Pit as a fantasy set even if Lucasfilm/TLG/popular culture doesn't. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

I bought another MMV :D And built a custom model of the parts :) Maybe I'll put it here on EB. Oh, and another forest maiden :) On monday I'll get Attack of the Wargs.

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane