Konrade

What's your latest acquisition?

I and mine elder brother bought Medieval Market Village yesterday. As ye, or at least many of you, already have said, it was a fun build, although the unnumbered bags were quite a pain in the neck, however nostalgic.

If LEGO doth bring out the now rumoured Orthanc set, it will be an expensive year :/

I finally got Helm's Deep. I'd heard great things about it but I think I was unprepared for just how neat it is. I really like the set a lot but I was struck with the need to get more uruk-hai and defenders for the castle so I suspect I'll have to figure that out. I was tempted to use some of the pieces from the dwarves in the Hobbit sets. Using standard legs along with the nice detailing on the dwarf bodies and then mixing in extra helmets and hair with the faces and it could definitely do a good job simulating the rag-tag look of the Rohan defenders. Tauriel and Legolas from the Mirkwood Spider set could also be part of the elven contingent but I think the Mirkwood Guard elf would probably fit that role better. Pity I can't actually find one of the darn things. :)

I just blew my lego budget for this month (and possibly next).

Mines of Moria (For $50!!!)

Escape from Mirkwood Spiders

Barrel Escape

and accidently got 3 Attack of the Wargs (on ebay). I'll just leave one in the box and resell after it's no longer in production.

Bought a 50 lb lot at a thrift store today, and the Royal King's Castle was included. Nice score.

A good week this was:

Haldir and King Theoden for 20 Euro which I consider a good price

12 Forest Maidens for the regular price of 2,49

I've been thinking of getting attack of the wargs and goblin town for a while.. But they are much more expensive than lotr sets... :/ Any advice? I really want the wargs, and the goblins, and the rest looks like good landscaping bricks.

Just bought an Elrond polybag ($28), Riddles for the Ring ($10) and the Uruk-hai Army ($30). Trying to collect all the LOTR sets.

I'd also really like the Kingdoms Joust (10223), but that'll have to wait till I have more money.

My oh my did luck strike me today...

On my way home from work, I decided to visit a super market I haven't been to for a while. As I was there, I decided to check up on their stock of LEGO - not expecting to find anything of particular interest. But what did my eyes behold? For some weird reason, they were selling CMF Series 3! I haven't seen these anywhere else for ages, and have no idea where they got them. It was the only series they were selling, to boot.

So a little touch and feel finally gave me my first ever...

col03-9.jpg?0

Yeah! I should probably have searched for more of them, but I'm happy to finally have at least one. :classic:

Just bought an Elrond polybag ($28)

Wow that has to be a world record price for one minifig?! :laugh:

But I'm actually jelous because it is one of the most awesome minifigs ever.

My oh my did luck strike me today...

Awesome you could find a CMF 3. And luckaly not a useless one either. This is probably the best CMF ever!

Awesome you could find a CMF 3. And luckaly not a useless one either. This is probably the best CMF ever!

Indeed, I've been wanting him for a while - but have not been willing to pay the by now really inflated Bricklink prices for him.

Even though I wasn't supposed to spend any more money on LEGO this month, I saw the Goblin King Battle on amazon for $65 and couldn't resist.

@rpmac91 Wow, that's a great deal.

I just bought Barrel Escape for 49,99€, which isn't bad either.

I bought 4 times PC lego lotr game with elrond minifigures for 15EUR each.

Very good deal for me :sweet:

Wow that has to be a world record price for one minifig?! :laugh:

But I'm actually jelous because it is one of the most awesome minifigs ever.

No kidding... but try finding one for much cheaper. I think I may have been able to save $5 or so if I'd sniped one on eBay, but this was about the lowest price on Bricklink.

It is a pretty awesome fig, and if I want the complete LOTR line, it's gotta come too. :) Better $28 now than $68 a year from now (who knows).

I got 3 such bad boys from Bricklink today:

2552px5.jpg?02552px6.jpg?02552px3.jpg?0

Now to decide which one to use for my project. :laugh:

No kidding... but try finding one for much cheaper. I think I may have been able to save $5 or so if I'd sniped one on eBay, but this was about the lowest price on Bricklink.

It is a pretty awesome fig, and if I want the complete LOTR line, it's gotta come too. :) Better $28 now than $68 a year from now (who knows).

Hm, maybe I bought to soon- I snapped up another sealed Elrond polybag yesterday on eBay (it'd only been listed a minute or so) for $18- I think I'll resell that one if I can.

Besides that I also bought Gandalf at Dol Guldur (30213), Frodo's Cooking Corner (30210), and the Uruk-hai/ballista (30211). Going on a polybag binge, lol.

Edited by el_cortman