Konrade

What's your latest acquisition?

Somehow my local store lost two cases of Mirkwood Elf Guard polybags, I was so annoyed I made another 40min trip to Lakeland to pick some more to get my polybag fix. Seriously I have never heard of such incompetence and poor monitoring of inventory.

You must be new to shopping at TRU - horrible inventory and/or in-house scalping is their specialty. :laugh:

Picked up a Shelob set at Target for 16$ for my son. Not sure how much of the purchased Lego I can convince my wife to let him have for Christmas, but he'll get it all at some point.

Here is the complete list of stuff I picked up for my son's Christmas gift.

Shelob attack

Mirkwood elf

Uruk poly bag

Frodo poly bag

Other non-historic theme acquisitions...

Pre Vizla's starfighter

Ninjago Jay's starfighter 9442

Imperial V-wing

Sebulba pod racer w/ globe

Anakin starfighter 9494

Republic striker fighter

TIE fighter 9492

Droid escape

Pretty much every Ninjago polybag from 2011 and 2012

Edited to fit the historic theme more. :laugh:

Edited by Boshuda21

I've always been confused about this thread, but shouldn't we only list Historic-themed stuff, that we acquired?

I too just realized this coming back to it and seeing it in the historic section. I originally posted regarding the Shelob attack kit and got carried away. :wacko:

I too just realized this coming back to it and seeing it in the historic section. I originally posted regarding the Shelob attack kit and got carried away. :wacko:

I didn't mean your post... Literally everyone does it... some people do it without any history related sets at all...

I didn't mean your post... Literally everyone does it... some people do it without any history related sets at all...

I don't think it matters too much - after all, you should be able to use almost any kind of piece in an MOC right? (Though it's probably better if it's historically themed... :laugh: )

That's cool. I didn't take it as that anyways.

The Barrel Escape and a Mirkwood Elf Guard polybag. And some random fleshie heads on BL XD

I don't know why but I don't really like the elf heads as much. Decided to customize for my own elf to insert into the story ;D

I've always been confused about this thread, but shouldn't we only list Historic-themed stuff, that we acquired?

This thread should be reserved for Historicy-related acquisitions. It's not a problem to post additional purchases along with it (just like Boshuda21 did above), but there should be at least one History-related item included. There are other threads for other themes.

I got the Mill Village Raid as new in box from eBay yesterday. Tonight I only built the mill. This will spread the enjoyment, and hence the fix from new LEGO sets, longer. It was great with all the functioning parts. I am taking it to work as my first LEGO building desk décor. Both MVR and the MMV promised to be excellent part sets for any historic or LotR civilian sets; however, the builds are some enjoyable I cannot bear to scrap them for pieces. I am seriously considering buying at least a second MMV for that.

Just went in with two other fellows on a sealed series 7 box. With the split, I ended up with all of the black Knights, and all of the Viking Woman, among others.

Just went in with two other fellows on a sealed series 7 box. With the split, I ended up with all of the black Knights, and all of the Viking Woman, among others.

That's worth it just for the shields and swords!!

Since I was working an event with LEGO, we also picked it up for 30% off.

I used to work in the store in my state. I still get the hookup.

I made use of a 20% nikolaus discount at Karstadt and bought a Warg attack for 48 Euro. Gonna sell off the dwarves.

The wargs are very nice.

Just ended my so called 'Dark Age' when I bought the following sets last week:

- Medieval Market Village

- Attack on the Wind Mill

- Helms Deep

- Mines of Moria

Before I ordered I tried to read as much as I could about these sets, and I must say a community like this one helps you out quite allot in your Decision making! I almost bought only the first two on the list twice, instead of the LOTR sets because of the awesome items and animals. However, I'm happy with the choice I made and got my eyes on the Mirkwood Spiders next (also because everyone here praises that set).

Just ended my so called 'Dark Age' when I bought the following sets last week:

- Medieval Market Village

- Attack on the Wind Mill

- Helms Deep

- Mines of Moria

Before I ordered I tried to read as much as I could about these sets, and I must say a community like this one helps you out quite allot in your Decision making! I almost bought only the first two on the list twice, instead of the LOTR sets because of the awesome items and animals. However, I'm happy with the choice I made and got my eyes on the Mirkwood Spiders next (also because everyone here praises that set).

Also, just remember in General Discussion there is a "What to buy" thread. If you're ever at a toss up and want some opinions, post up in there. You definitely made good choices there! :thumbup:

As for me, I'm gearing up for The Hobbit this weekend!

79001 Escape From Mirkwood Spiders

79002 Attack of the Wargs

79003 An Unexpected Gathering

79004 Barrel Escape.

Got all but 79003 from S@H because it was back ordered. Headed on down to TRU and got scalped(:tongue:). Now the agonizing wait for the others to get here and I can reunite the Mirkwood Elves with their brethren.

Also, just remember in General Discussion there is a "What to buy" thread. If you're ever at a toss up and want some opinions, post up in there. You definitely made good choices there! :thumbup:

Yes, I saw it, thank you. I scanned the forum for these sets so I didn't need it this time. Although it's nice I was warned about the amount of stickers in Moria.... I just didn't use them all!

Why did you buy Attack of the Wargs? Did you do it for the minifigs? Bricks in the tree? The Wargs?

My latest acquisitions were 3 of the new Hobbit sets: Mirkwood Spiders, An Unexpected Gathering and Barrel Escape. I like all of them but so far, An Unexpected Gathering is my favourite. Still, all of the sets have a nice selection of pieces for MOCs and gorgeous minifigs. I can't wait to pick up the last two big sets (I won't be buying Riddles for the Ring) in January and will be picking up extras of the other sets, especially 79003, just for the bricks, too.

I got myself this beauty today, MISB:

LG7048lg.jpg

I'm quite pleased with this purchase, as I've had my eyes on it for a while. Cost me roughly $100, not a bad deal at all. Especially not in this condition.

I also got 7199 The Temple of Doom and 7627 Temple of the Crystal Skull, both MISB as well. Not gonna keep those, though.

I got myself this beauty today, MISB:

I'm quite pleased with this purchase, as I've had my eyes on it for a while. Cost me roughly $100, not a bad deal at all. Especially not in this condition.

That's a great find! I picked up a second one of these when Walmart was clearancing them for half off, and bricklinked at face value - now I'm wishing I still had the second one.

I've had a very skint year, and apart from CMFs my only Lego purchases have been two smallish BL orders and Gandalf Arrives. But now with some tax returns and other things that have slightly balanced my finances I could finally splurge and ordered Battle of Helm's Deep and Uruk-Hai Army from Amazon.co.uk. :laugh:

To any of you that bought the Mirkwood Elf from TRU do you know the TRU inventory number for it?

My TRU keeps telling me they are being held for a promotion and not for sale *sob*

CHRISTMAS!! :D

I got:

Mirkwood Spiders

Escape in Barrels

Shelob Attacks

Attack of the Wargs

These were all really nice sets and I now have an impressive collection of elves and finally a base for them! :D

Merry christmas everyone!