MSM_546

8110 - Unimog U400 General Discussion

155.54 EUR = 216.177 USD . Start saving your coins in a cookie jar for this set! This could be the most-expensive Lego Technic set ever.

LEGO8110_p1.jpglegomoney-6mm.jpg

A currency conversion like this doesn't work i'm afraid, you guys in the US. are very very lucky as you can knock some of the price.

In EU countries LEGO is more expensive (Higher VAT is think is the main cause).

For example 8043 is 160 Euro's converts to 222 USD but sells for 199 USD.

That new picture looks great,pity the rear legs are manual tho,can't wait for this set tho,anyone know what size as in how big it will actually be?

pls do that...I built your version of the 8043 and is great...

Double that. :thumbup:

Really enjoyed building your 8043 MOD, Jurgen.

I don't remember whether or not somebody already covered this

:sceptic: as I have missed some of the action on this tread..

but I was looking at some photos on Brickshelf and I realized that the tires for the Unimog already existed, although they are certainly rare. They have only appeared in the Nitro Muscle in 2007 and there were only 2 of them in that set. I'm starting to think that somebody might have already noticed this :grin: but I'll post this just in case somebody didn't see it or if somebody hadn't already noticed it.

x1825.1217051029.jpg

Despite the track difference already mentioned above and from all the images actually available, I also believe the new tire diameter will be larger.

About 11L instead of 10L.

If so, these would be the largest LEGO tires (in diameter) for non motorcycle vehicles, what would be great for the construction of larger scale vehicles! :classic:

I think people are mor excited about the tires rather than the model,weird!

I am very excited about the tires, maybe even more than the whole model.

Despite the track difference already mentioned above and from all the images actually available, I also believe the new tire diameter will be larger.

About 11L instead of 10L.

If so, these would be the largest LEGO tires (in diameter) for non motorcycle vehicles, what would be great for the construction of larger scale vehicles! :classic:

um, nope. You're forgetting the off-road tires like the Power Puller and 8466 sets. These might be the largest ROAD tires though :) The Power Puller tires are around 15L diameter. The 8297 Off-Roader tires are pretty large too, probably 13L or so (don't have them w/ me to measure).

That's sad,this model is going to be great,maybe we should have a tread on how wonderful these new tires are ha

That's sad,this model is going to be great,maybe we should have a tread on how wonderful these new tires are ha

You don't have to be sad, it is just my opinion.

Tires are part of the model, so no need for new thread.

You don't have to be sad, it is just my opinion.

Tires are part of the model, so no need for new thread.

I was joking,it's just funny why people buy models for parts,anyway back to the tread the unimog,

I was joking,it's just funny why people buy models for parts,anyway back to the tread the unimog,

I always buy LEGOs for parts. I am a builder, so an official set does not last long on my shelf. If there weren't for the new parts, I would probably not buy anthing new except a few needed parts on Bricklink.

I still hope the MOG will be available in Czech republic at the beginning of July as was 8043.

On brickset it says this will have 2059 parts?!

Yes, but it is user information, so it's not yet confirmed, but I hope he is right :laugh:

3 pneumatic cylinders, 4 switchs, 1 compressor, 1 M motor, 1 battery box, more than 2,000 others parts, the Mercedes brand, for a MSRP of only €190 ?

Either the part number is wrong, or the MSRP is wrong.

And I think it's the part number. I do not see how this 8110 could have more than 2,000. IMO it has about 1,500.

And I do not believe that TLG is going to sell a set which costs more than €190.

Edited by Anio

3 pneumatic cylinders, 4 switchs, 1 compressor, 1 M motor, 1 battery box, more than 2,000 others parts, the Mercedes brand, for a MSRP of only €190 ?

Either the part number is wrong, or the MSRP is wrong.

And I think it's the part number. I do not see how this 8110 could have more than 2,000. IMO it has about 1,500.

And I do not believe that TLG is going to sell a set which costs more than €190.

well the 8421 mobile crane had 1884 pieces and cost 150 dollars so you could easily squeeze in 200 more for less than 50 dollars. the only reason 8043 was so expensive was because of the remote control power functions

well the 8421 mobile crane had 1884 pieces and cost 150 dollars so you could easily squeeze in 200 more for less than 50 dollars. the only reason 8043 was so expensive was because of the remote control power functions

The only reason here is Mercedes License :p

Edited by backbone

It's entirely possible that the 8110 Unimog U400 set will have 2,059 parts. Since it's a Mercedes model and there is great attention to detail and realism, maybe there are many Technic 1/2 Pins to fill in the Technic Liftarm holes. The Technic 1/2 pins would form "bolt heads" or "rivets", or maybe they would make the Liftarms look more like a solid piece of steel:

40490.jpg4274.gif4274.gif4274.gif4274.gif4274.gif4274.gif

Edited by DLuders

I'm looking forward to buying this fantastic set!

I want to equip it with O-Bahn guidewheels, like this one!

5491203350_c1727eb9ef.jpg

(Pic above is not actually a Unimog, but)

a Unimog would make a great O-Bahn breakdown vehicle!

+1

Can someone make a list of all functions 8110 will have in ur own opinion,also do ye think were in for any nice surprises or are we fairly sure about all the functions going by the pictures,

Edited by davidmull