MSM_546

8110 - Unimog U400 General Discussion

cool, seems like a evolution of their prototypes. and the last one stands much better on earth

We can see the portal axles wih 16t, on the last version.

On other model, it is very strange to see U joint for the HOG. I think that a U-joint here does not match with TLG standards.

Hmm, not sure about some of those proportions, the middle one seems to me to be more accurate. Not keen on the new tyres, the tread is over large for this scale of vehicle. But very good to see an axle system that can take the weight of a MOC this size on only 4 wheels.

you can clearly see the braces for the steering and holding the gears ( 16t ), so tlg made a special part for it, so it can fit in the rims. this could be handy for trucktrial, and i think make the moc better for making it rc, as you can fit the reduction in these special parts.

@sccoby136: Source please! (Url or anthing....)

These pictures are so cool!

Still only a few (....) weeks to the release!

Can't wait!

Edited by JunkstyleGio

@suiye921 and scooby136

Thank you very much for these pics! :cry_happy:

I wonder why they didn't use a gear reduction inside the hubs and I doubt that a 8t-24t gear combination might fit in there :hmpf_bad:

Still this is a useful part and maybe I will be proven wrong (hopefully).

How do you think are the U-Joints made? They would only fit in if there is no double-bracing for the upper gear in the new part.

I wonder why they didn't use a gear reduction inside the hubs and I doubt that a 8t-24t gear combination might fit in there :hmpf_bad:

Still this is a useful part and maybe I will be proven wrong (hopefully).

If I look at the picture, I think it IS possible to use a 8 to 24 reduction. There is enough room underneath the lower 16t gear. This makes this model interesting for RC-Mods.

Yes, I agree -- look at the pictures on that Swedish website http://brixit.se/133.asp and see the closeup below. The pneumatic boom picture is interesting too. Since the side levers are moved out of the way, one can better see how the pneumatics may work:

8110_Unimog_Wheel.jpg8110_crane.jpg8110_winch_gear.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Seems like there is enough room to fit a bigger tooth gear inside the brace's lower end for a higher ratio. Seems like a usual u joint inside, held by a 3l axles with stud.

nice portalhub for rear axles. the turning point is 5 studs away from the Rim. then they use a cv joint. I prophecy a big big turning circle for this mog. sure, it is massive but could TLG it not make more compact? ok, dont paint the devil on the wall before we get this part in our fingers

But thanks to my godess and Dluders for this picture. Now i am sure that it will have torque tubes. Could you see the dark grey/light grey Circle behind the differential? what else could it be than a Torque tube sphere/globe/ball?

Yeah the pivot points ir really big, even with the new piece... I think my TT portal hubs have a much better pivot and without uisng new CV's.

@ Dutch_EE

To me it looks like 20t is the biggest possible gear size but still you can be right too and I honestly wish you are :sweet:

I think my TT portal hubs have a much better pivot and without uisng new CV's.

IMO you're right. Your hubs offer the maximum gear reduction (8t-24t) with double bracing in a smaller space. We'll see which strong points the LEGO solution has to offer. I'm quite disappointed that it needs so many thin 2L liftarms, wasn't there a cleaner solution?

Yes, I agree -- look at the pictures on that Swedish website http://brixit.se/133.asp and see the closeup below. The pneumatic boom picture is interesting too. Since the side levers are moved out of the way, one can better see how the pneumatics may work:

8110_Unimog_Wheel.jpg

Is it me, or does the bit to the left of the red bush look like it is attached to the hub? Hmm :sceptic:

In general, this set is getting better by the day (or should I say picture :laugh::tongue: )

a minute ago i found the 8110 at amazon.de for pre-order. The price is 189,99€. Release date is august the third

Edited by efferman

nice portalhub for rear axles. the turning point is 5 studs away from the Rim. then they use a cv joint. I prophecy a big big turning circle for this mog. sure, it is massive but could TLG it not make more compact? ok, dont paint the devil on the wall before we get this part in our fingers

But thanks to my godess and Dluders for this picture. Now i am sure that it will have torque tubes. Could you see the dark grey/light grey Circle behind the differential? what else could it be than a Torque tube sphere/globe/ball?

From these pictures

8110-2.jpg

8110-500x406.png

It seems like the turning point is very close to the center of the wheel. I'm guessing it's some kind of C-hub on the outer side of the reduction piece.

8110_Unimog_Wheel.jpg

The biege pins I guess you are refering to, at 5 studs from the rim, might have some other function like holding multilinks or something similar.

-ED-

I fear that Nazgarot is wrong... If you look at the top picture in his post you can see the same assembly as in the bottom picture to hold the near gear reduction part, and it looks like it's under an angle. Also if there were something outside of the gear reduction part that's meant for steering, then why is there a short gear rack used and not a long one, and how is it connected? Also the bottom picture suggests there's an universal joint behind the vertical red pin with bush. And I think the black 11-beam that's connected to that pin, is not fixed to the frame but acts as an extra steering rod.

By the way I'm happy to find so many of those new split axle joiner pieces from 8069; looks like there are six of them in this whole steering assembly.

By the way, what part is at the very distant end of the close-up picture? A bit to the left of the differential, below the gear rack?

Edit: if I have to guess, I think the new wheel hub part will be able to contain 8 : 24 :)

Edited by Erik Leppen

Within all the discussion about the turning point, let's not forget, that the wheel itself is attached with three pins. So there must be something like this:

techstr01.gif

BTW: here is the full foto about the entanglement of the portal-axles:

8110_tiplid_offroad.jpg

And what is that in the bottom right corner of the picture? A plastic basket?? :laugh:

Regards,

Gerhard

Yeah, there must be a new wheel hub piece with an axle that snaps through that other new part... You can actually see the back part of it where it snaps together and then goes into the 16 tooth gear..

I am amazed that very clear dissected pictures like this have leaked out...

Edited by Paul Boratko

Edit: if I have to guess, I think the new wheel hub part will be able to contain 8 : 24 :)

I've measured it. In the above rendered picture, the 16 teeth gear has a radius of 40 pixel, so a 24 teeth gear would have 60 pixel. The available space seems to be 61 pixel. So yes, it will match inside. It would be kind of dumb from TLC not to make this possible, imho.

P.S.: For the Linux users out there: "kruler" is sometimes quite handy :)

Edited by Bartholomew

BTW: here is the full foto about the entanglement of the portal-axles:

8110_tiplid_offroad.jpg

Wow...three driving ring extensions lined up in a row!

I'm curious to see what the steering shaft will look like. Will it be a simple axle with u-joints?

The turning radius doesn't look like it would be very good. The picture shows a 3/4 pin that acts as a steering stop for the red pin with bushing to rest against.

The front differential looks like it is offset to one side. :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to this set being released! I wish I could afford more than one.