MSM_546

8110 - Unimog U400 General Discussion

Last night I finished the rear crane and the load bed. Mounted those on the model and it made the steering alot lighter as weight distribution is more even now. (The cabin is big and heavy). Steering still a bit hard, but much better :)

The playability is AWESOME. I love the motorized pneumatic crane. So much fun! It can lift quite alot. I made it lift a bicycle pedal onto the bed. (Approx 250g I persume).

About the pneumatic pump:

As there is no clutch on the axel into the pump I´m wondering.

Is it possible to destroy the pump with heavy loading or is this a non existing problem ??

Just think about how it would be if you bild the B-model with the snow plow, then it would get even worse.

Now the Mog itself is finished, and I must say that the steering is ridiculously hard. And the turning radius is not very impresive either.

It is not that easy when you have finished the model. And I do not really understand where I should place those parts. Anyway, this is an official set, and I expect the steering to working properly without any modification.

As far as I can tell, it does work properly, it's just a bit stiff, it's hardly a topic stopping issue is it!

As obviously the sell of the modified Unimogs started all over the world, I am curious now, what exactly was the problem with the pneumatic pump. Did they produce new ones? How can I find out which of the pumps are the new (modified) ones? Nay news from TLG?

Regards,

Gerhard

A little mistake in the review: The total weight of the Unimog with snowplow is not 2.5 kg but 4.5kg!

But the review is cool. Can't get enough of this set! :thumbup:

No, I don't mean this gear. I mean this :

6542.jpg?0

But the new ones haven't guts ( if it's the right word ), I will take pictures tomorrow

I've just got my Unimog and I'm up to step 3 in book 1 page 20 where these gears are first used, my set doesn't have the new style "Spline-less" gears, should I just use the splined ones or do I need a service pack and get the ones shown in the instructions?

If someone could let me know please, I'm holding off building any further 'till I find out :sceptic:

I've just got my Unimog and I'm up to step 3 in book 1 page 20 where these gears are first used, my set doesn't have the new style "Spline-less" gears, should I just use the splined ones or do I need a service pack and get the ones shown in the instructions?

If someone could let me know please, I'm holding off building any further 'till I find out :sceptic:

Just use the ones which are in the set. I won't cause any problems.

A little mistake in the review: The total weight of the Unimog with snowplow is not 2.5 kg but 4.5kg!

But the review is cool. Can't get enough of this set! :thumbup:

Sorry but not. It still weighs 2.52 kg even if I tried another scale.

Thanks very much :sweet:

The build continues...

I am not even sure which one I got in the set. Didn't even notice the difference in the instructions. Will look into this tonight and let you know.

(but I am pretty sure it won't cause any problems)

Iv just finished my 8110 this min and there the gears that were in mine too and there's no problem,also I want to say that my steering works fine and my axle is not out of line,also my set does not lean to one side so I don't know where all these flaws that people are coming up with are coming from :hmpf_bad:

Iv just finished my 8110 this min and there the gears that were in mine too and there's no problem,also I want to say that my steering works fine and my axle is not out of line,also my set does not lean to one side so I don't know where all these flaws that people are coming up with are coming from :hmpf_bad:

Well, then you've probably built it incorrectly default_laugh_new.gif

(just kidding)

Hi Everyone!!! Guess who came to visit?

Mr MOG!!! and he likes the place and stays 4ever!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just love it, what a set!!!!!!

cheers

BTW: this set comes wiht the new stile gears

acf89511b1da25ceb622aa84480aa988o.jpg

Edited by K9DOG

Well I picked up my 8110 from the post office this monday and still haven't had time to build anything of it. I looked at the bags... And I'm going away this weekend. Patience is a virtue I've heard...

My unimig is leaning to the left, probably because of the heavy battery box. And I really wish that I had some air tanks, caus it is pretty anyoing that you need to control the pump all the time, and when you are lifting something heavy it takes forever to raise the boom.

My unimig is leaning to the left, probably because of the heavy battery box. And I really wish that I had some air tanks, caus it is pretty anyoing that you need to control the pump all the time, and when you are lifting something heavy it takes forever to raise the boom.

Just add an air tank,also I'm using lithium batteries which are very light so no weight issue :)

Can someone tell me what was the story with the rumers that the compressor was faulty in 8110?did they revise the pump?also there was new type gears made for 8110 with no teeth,why does my unimog have the old type gears and does it matter?see link below!

http://technicbricks.blogspot.com/

Can someone tell me what was the story with the rumers that the compressor was faulty in 8110?did they revise the pump?also there was new type gears made for 8110 with no teeth,why does my unimog have the old type gears and does it matter?see link below!

http://technicbricks.blogspot.com/

The new 16t clutch gears are going to slowly start appearing into the new sets much like the new 16t regular gears did with the excavator..

The new 16t clutch gears are going to slowly start appearing into the new sets much like the new 16t regular gears did with the excavator..

Why are they changing them and why has my unimog the old ones so?

Why are they changing them and why has my unimog the old ones so?

They are probably changing them for multiple reasons starting with the fact that they really are not ever going to be used... One of the biggest flaws with attaching anything with teeth to the teeth is that you lose a small portion of a stud width. Like if you were to use an old 1/2 stud with teeth(or even another 16 tooth clutch gear) and place the teeth against each other to lock in place, then you are losing 1/4 of a stud thus making it hard for these things to stay together and leads to wobble due to extra space on the axle...

Another problem that I had was when using normal 1/2 bushings against the teeth, one side of the 1/2 bushing is smooth and the other has a slight burr on it(Most likely from the mold) when the side with the burr is against the teeth of the gear, it causes friction against the teeth, thus leading to some binding that should not be...