lightningtiger

Review - 7287 Police Boat

index2.jpg -Zorbas

G'day everyone, I like reviewing in the city theme.....I just feel so at home here ! :wink:

Here we go with the review of.......

7287 Police Boat

0_review_7287.jpg

Yep, that's the front of the box.

1_review_7287.jpg

Now the back of the box.

2_review_7287.jpg

What's in the box you may ask, look above.

3_review_7287.jpg

Bag 1 empty.

4_review_7287.jpg

Bag 2 empty.

5_review_7287.jpg

Note - special parts....blue boat haul, 1x4 trans-blue tile, 1x4 tile with stud either end nd a few other different parts.

6_review_7287.jpg

Front view of the minifigures.

7_review_7287.jpg

Their backsides now.8_review_7287.jpg

A random page....well, just in case you just want to make the jet ski for yourself.

9_review_7287.jpg

10_review_7287.jpg

Two views of the jet ski.

11_review_7287.jpg

Better get out of his way....no wait.....no water ! :laugh:

16_review_7287.jpg

Oops, I almost forgot the DSS.

12_review_7287.jpg13_review_7287.jpg14_review_7287.jpg15_review_7287.jpg17_review_7287.jpg18_review_7287.jpg19_review_7287.jpg21_review_7287.jpg22_review_7287.jpg23_review_7287.jpg

Above is section by section of constructing the boat.

24_review_7287.jpg

The boat completed.

25_review_7287.jpg

'Er, I think we need water ?'

26_review_7287.jpg

'Yeah, you right...all there he is !'

27_review_7287.jpg

'Right, I see him.....but he's not going anywhere in a hurry !'

28_review_7287.jpg

'Dude, I think you need some wheels....oh, dam the fuzz !'

29_review_7287.jpg

'Yep, we got them both now !'

Right, now out of 10 eh ?

Design - 8.5/10 - very neat and tidy boat design - lights, antennas and storage spaces. :thumbup:

Minifigs - 7/10 - nice, but all seen before.

Price - 7.5/10 - picked it up for 69.00 normally r.r.p. is 79.99, I guess it's fair.

Playabilty - 9/10 - as long as you've got water the boat chasing the jet ski leads to a high score - imagine catching drug runners eh ? :wink:

Overall - 8/10.....still pretty high !

Well, that's it.....I consider this set a very good one to add to your city as long as you have a harbour or bay or some water at least ! :grin:

Brick On Everyone ! :sweet:

Great review lightningtiger :thumbup: I kinda like this boat, however, I hate the price. It looks nice but, for $39.99 you get the 172 pcs + those few extras we always get. But in 2006, 7899 Police Boat cost $24.99, according to Brickset, and had 199+ pcs + motor. I was lucky to get one for $25 on eBay a couple months ago :classic: . Whats the deal with the price difference for same size boat with almost same number of pcs. Another thing that throws me off is TLG has changed the color scheme and my Police force is black and white. They also could have designed the cell a little better kinda plain, I know he's a prisoner and should be uncomfortable. I like the jetski though. I always try to get more of those.

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

Very good review, and the little scenario at the end was funny!

This set is selling for GBP 29.99 over here, which seems a little much for the number of pieces. Does the boat actually float?

This set is selling for GBP 29.99 over here, which seems a little much for the number of pieces. Does the boat actually float?

Yea the price is way to high and yes, :classic: this boat floats!

Oh, yeah I forgot to say that the bottom of the boat still has the mounting holes for the DC battery operated motor unit that came with the 2007 fire boat. (I have one of those two....but needs a good clean up :blush: ).

Thanks to those who have read so far......Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Good review :thumbup: the set looks great (although I wished you made some more overall shots of the boat) I believe it will be a 'from 30 to 20 euro'set like the fire helicopter last year so I guess it's cheap. I still have to wait until march for this one :hmpf_bad:

Great review lightningtiger! I like both the minifigs and the boat in this set. :thumbup:

Very well done on the review. :classic:

~buddy~

Great review Tiger...

I'm not a fan of the price tag, but sometime this year I'm going to have to break down and get this set, hands down. Loved getting the up-close look at the design and construction of the jet ski-- really smart design that doesn't use too many pieces.

Great review.

It's on sale this week for $39.99 CAD at TRU. I think it'll make great bathtub Lego.

Great review LT. I think the only fault to this set is the price. I haven't seen red flippers in a long time, so this is nice :thumbup:

The price, and especially the price-per-piece ratio, really lowers this set in my opinion. Also, if you can't see from lightningtiger's (excellent) pictures, the front of the hull has a "layered" look. It's not a smooth taper like the fire and coast guard boats.

Anyone else ever have trouble with random hairs getting caught between studs? My wife keeps an immaculately clean house, but it still seems that the stray dog hair always manages to find its way onto a baseplate or something.

That being said, the bottom of that hull seems like a perfect place for those hairs to loiter.