Clark

WINTER BREAK: Number 93 Diagon Alley

Number 93 Diagon Alley:

Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes, As seen in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

It moves!

More Photos

The characters left to right are Kingsley, the Snatcher Scabior, Colin Creevey, Fred & George, Harry, and the Dragon Roasted Nuts salesman

The 1000 piece restriction made it a great challenge, very fun Hickley :laugh: Thanks to LDD4 it wasn't tough to count. There are 24 Duplo bricks built into it which helped immensely.

The full building can be seen in this grainy

(skip to 1:20), for fun and more reference, check out this
(skip to 0:40). The movie's set designers must have a blast building the set, I had a blast building this model, please enjoy:

5356657498_a0a73d576c_z.jpg

Kingsley is leaving with his peruvian instant darkness powder, the Snatcher Scabior is testing out a prank wand, Colin Creevey getting some photos of Harry, Fred (or is he George...?) posing in front of the shop, Harry sending an owl, and the Dragon Roasted Nuts salesman, well, selling Dragon Roasted Nuts

5356656246_95d5921eaf_z.jpg

5356652772_e97a4bca6d_z.jpg

5356037041_7296e859b3_z.jpg

5392331860_68684a7b16_o.jpg

Be sure to check out the GIF in the first comment here

More Photos on Flickr

Edited by Clark

Wow, that is a truly beautiful entry. So much purple, and coupled with the dark orange it works magnificently. I also love how you've done the Weasley statue with a full body built into the building.

Best of luck in the contest!

Oh Wow!

If i wasn't designing my own Ministry of Magic entry (my entry's better :grin: ), then this would be what i would vote for. I have seen very few entries that have the same distinctness and great looks as yours does. It is immediately identifiable, and is a near-perfect replica of the shop in the movies. Does it have interior? Even if not, it still is great, and i hope that you do well in the contest!

Sirius

Oh Wow!

If i wasn't designing my own Ministry of Magic entry (my entry's better :grin: ), then this would be what i would vote for. I have seen very few entries that have the same distinctness and great looks as yours does. It is immediately identifiable, and is a near-perfect replica of the shop in the movies. Does it have interior? Even if not, it still is great, and i hope that you do well in the contest!

Sirius

Haha, glad you like it. Great contest idea, huh? Best luck to you too

If i wasn't designing my own Ministry of Magic entry (my entry's better :grin: ), then this would be what i would vote for.

Luckily for you, voting for your own entry is usually not allowed, so you won't have to worry about your entry being so good you can't vote for anything else.

Looking at it more, Clark, the only suggestion I have for you is to add doors to the doorways to make the blank inside a little less obvious. I don't at all mind that there is no interior since the building itself is so fabulous, but covering those entrances a bit more would be good, in my opinion.

Luckily for you, voting for your own entry is usually not allowed, so you won't have to worry about your entry being so good you can't vote for anything else.

Ah, excellent! That settles my problems easily. But did I detect a hint of sarcasm in your statement :wink: .

Does this have any backing to it, or is it just the main two walls?

So good Clark. The colours are perfectly balanced and the statue which you have worked into the building looks magnificent. I think this is one of the stronger entries so far, Good Luck in the contest :thumbup:

Looking at it more, Clark, the only suggestion I have for you is to add doors to the doorways to make the blank inside a little less obvious. I don't at all mind that there is no interior since the building itself is so fabulous, but covering those entrances a bit more would be good, in my opinion.

I actually had tried that and didn't like it, it just looks like walls where a doorway should be, thanks for the opinion though :classic:

Well, a very good entry :thumbup:

I`m building the same building, but in diffrent colors - medium blue walls and brown windows.

Good luck in the contest :classic:

Well, a very good entry :thumbup:

I`m building the same building, but in diffrent colors - medium blue walls and brown windows.

Good luck in the contest :classic:

Same building Eh?! Hope I didn't give away any good ideas :wink: I look forward to seeing it

Its really good!!!

Thanks! (cool screen name :laugh: )

Same building Eh?! Hope I didn't give away any good ideas :wink: I look forward to seeing it

No :laugh:

It`s almost done from a week.

I`m trying to build the head but is rather hopeless right now :laugh:

Whoa. :cry_happy:

That's fantastic. It's very accurate to the real thing, even the hard to find colors. (I used the same for my LDD WWW to fit in the Diagon Alley exclusive.) The Weasley in the hat is very nice, and I love how he is integrated into the building.

Once this contest is over, and you've recieved your Diagon Alley, I think you should add an interior. :grin:

default_huh.gif

Wow. Truly spectacular work. The colors work perfectly for this kind of thing, it actually kind of reminds me of Willy Wonka.

How am I supposed to compete with this? default_laugh_new.gif

A truely outstanding entry! It is so accurate and highly detailed. I particualrly like the colours used, they work perfectly and compliment each other well. :thumbup:

Extremely well done. :classic:

~buddy~

kris kelvin, on 17 January 2011 - 10:11 AM, said:

Well, a very good entry

Good luck in the contest

Same building Eh?! Hope I didn't give away any good ideas I look forward to seeing it

@Clark & kris: I think this is going to be a very popular building.

@kris - mine is also medium blue with brown.

I wouldn't be surpised if more of them are entered too.

Wow! Really amazing. This is one of the best entries so far! Unfortunately no interior, but for the 1000 brick limit very big!

Whoa. :cry_happy:

That's fantastic. It's very accurate to the real thing, even the hard to find colors. (I used the same for my LDD WWW to fit in the Diagon Alley exclusive.) The Weasley in the hat is very nice, and I love how he is integrated into the building.

Once this contest is over, and you've recieved your Diagon Alley, I think you should add an interior. :grin:

Are there screenshots of yours posted anywhere? I'd love to check it out.

@Clark & kris: I think this is going to be a very popular building.

@kris - mine is also medium blue with brown.

I wouldn't be surpised if more of them are entered too.

Another?!! How fun, guess I'll see yours soon then :classic:

Another?!! How fun, guess I'll see yours soon then :classic:

Most certainly. I'm waiting on some windows arriving so they all match in colour. The only thing we have in common is the dragon on the chestnut warmer!

Wow, this is just an excellent creation Clark! I simply love the vibrant color scheme, whoever knew that purple and orange will look so beautiful together? The curved windows are very well done and the whole presentation is really professional-looking with the crystal clear photos. This is definitely one of the strongest entries I've seen so far. Fantastic job and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

4 words: u da man buds :tongue:

Seriously though, the 1000 piece limit is difficult enough; you handicapped yourself even further by making a purple building!? Loves it.

Yo yo co-worker and fellow BLOCKOLUG member. Nice entry :wink:

Really nice!! I love this entry and for me as it currently stands it should easily be in the top 3!

I suspect a detailed interior would put it over the brick count, is that correct?

Maybe when the contest is over you could continue the project by building the interior. I doubt i'm alone in being interested to see what you would come up with.

Well done though, outstanding entry!! Going to be tough to beat.