Sign in to follow this  
Dash1812

OFFICIAL PICS OF 7713

Well, Its sad he lost his job.... Sorry to you... But if someone emails pictures around, and know they should not do it.... Its kind of thire own misdoing..

If he knew that the picture could be tracked directly to him... He should not have shown them to people...

Again im sorry that he lost his job... or "Gig"

here's what i dont get. how did TLG find out who leaked the photos? it's not as if only 1 person worked on the set now is it? it's not like they know who dash is and can trace who he has connection to.

Well Lego can track on thir servers.... and if one guy only had this pic...

Just to make things clear... Lego have NOT asked us to take it down... They have even allowed the picture to be posted on other sites Like Brickset etc...

i was just going to say who would send photos from work, especially illegal photos. then i thought not everyone is smart enough to know that.

i agree, it's too late to take it down now. gerkenz put it on his website. brickset has it. even the wikipedia has it. plus i think it's good publicity for TLG. especially when this set is so well designed that almost everyone wants one. if it has been a complete flop then at least they know to redesign the set but as of now it is going to be another hit. i might even think that TLG may have been involved in the leak, much like the arkham asylum set... 8-|

they are on brickshelf... Deleting them would be pointless as they are spreading all around now. Though i admit that this story sucks. I didn't even know it was leaked. When is this thing supposed to be out ?

You could still delete them to be a little respectful...

I didn't think we'd be getting pics till about July at earliest...

Dash is a fan and though he should not of posted pics if requested not to, especially because the pictures were confidential, it is not in anyway his fault that someone was fired. The person who sent the pictures clearly is the one responsible for the loss of his job. He has no one to blame but himself. Had he done his job and protected the pictures from getting leaked he would still have the job.

My guess is that they do not work for LEGO but either TRU or a company involved in the box art. Sad that they would lose their job. Sometimes the best lessons are learned the hard way.

It seems that our lust for awesome new pictures has gone too far this time. Shouldn't an Admin really take the pics off the front page now someone's gotten fired?

It seems that our lust for awesome new pictures has gone too far this time. Shouldn't an Admin really take the pics off the front page now someone's gotten fired?

Not Really,

Lets put it this way:

Ever go to a Zoo and see the cute monkeys beg for food, even though theres a sign that says 'don't feed'?

Well, we are the monkeys. The guy who lost his job put food through the bars.

When that happens, the Zookeepers don't beat the monkeys, they just throw the guy out of the park.

The lesson is that the monkeys will Always beg regardless; its not their fault that they're hungry. It's your own fault if you give in and sneak them food...

Anyhow, very sorry to hear the guy lost his job. I think that is a bit harsh for just two photos. Especially since these photos would have been seen by everyone Anyways in a few months... and we already had a good idea what the stuff looked like from comics and whatnot.

It's not like he gave away financial data or something seriously damaging...

Oh, no he didn't do that...uhm...

Hehe, nice metaphor there. And yeah, SuvieD's kinda right.

Anyhow, very sorry to hear the guy lost his job. I think that is a bit harsh for just two photos. Especially since these photos would have been seen by everyone Anyways in a few months... and we already had a good idea what the stuff looked like from comics and whatnot.

Giving away set images is the most damaging thing someone can do to LEGO. In the space of a month or two the competition can pump out inferior products that look very similar to the LEGO set. Then it may even be on shelves before the set by LEGO. Either way there would be another brand's set with a lower price (and lower quality) in the same store aisle.

If fans with connections want the trust of LEGO they need to refrain from leaking product images and information.

Ben

Giving away set images is the most damaging thing someone can do to LEGO. In the space of a month or two the competition can pump out inferior products that look very similar to the LEGO set. Then it may even be on shelves before the set by LEGO. Either way there would be another brand's set with a lower price (and lower quality) in the same store aisle.

If fans with connections want the trust of LEGO they need to refrain from leaking product images and information.

Ben

Well i'm not really sure what the story of this guy is... I think i've heard several different versions already, so maybe we should just stick to the topic, which is this exo force model...

look im sorry people and i have appologised to the person who lost his job but i did say to all of you that i couldnt post them but i got hounded by a fair few people to post them so all i wanted to do as a big fan of lego was show ppl wat i had found!!

i hereby will never post in this forum again!

which is a dissapointment as i have enjoyed posting on this site!

GOODBYE!

That seems like a bit of an overeaction, doesn't it? After all, you were the first person to even consider leaking the pics out ("I might be a bit mischeivious").

A bit of overeaction Sam ?? That is such an understatement ;-)

Dash, I am sorry that you feel that way but do take responsabilities for your actions, if you didn't want to post them, then fine, but don't blame us afterwards !!

So if you don't want to post anymore, fine but I think its really immature, especially if you like our friendly forum !!

Anyhow, I bid you adieu and Godspeed Dash (if you ever read these lines).

*yoda*

Off topic and playing devils advocate. Can you give a Lego example when this has actually happened?

Seriously he lost his job.

I can't find anything about it in the internet-news, who told you that these pictures shouldn't be posted ?

A bit of overeaction Sam ?? That is such an understatement ;-)

Dash, I am sorry that you feel that way but do take responsabilities for your actions, if you didn't want to post them, then fine, but don't blame us afterwards !!

So if you don't want to post anymore, fine but I think its really immature, especially if you like our friendly forum !!

Anyhow, I bid you adieu and Godspeed Dash (if you ever read these lines).

*yoda*

Agreed.

(I dont mean this in a bad way or anything, Im just curious, but how old are you?)

Chump, it happened in 2004 with the Bionicle large sets. A Chinese company made imitations. The site is down now.

Chump, it happened in 2004 with the Bionicle large sets. A Chinese company made imitations. The site is down now.

no retail shop will carry imitation goods.

anyone can use lego's stack system but a brick-for-brick copy of lego's sets is clearly illegal. it's like anyone can make a watch, just not a rolex. if you do, you can only sell in the streets not in shops.

In China they can sell what they want how they want. China has the worlds largest illegal market for nearly any product you can think of.

It does not much apply to China in any case but MB has in past created copy cat sets to compete against LEGO. Direct copies no but copy enough to make a similar product and then sell it for less. It works too.

LEGO spends a lot of money to design and sell models. They obviously don't want to pay all that money in research and development just so other companies can steal the final product for free.

It is usually not much of a concern. With popular non liscensed themes like EXO force it could be though. Nobody but LEGO can make a Star Wars set without Lucas suing their pants off. Anybody could make a "human vs. robot mecha" theme though.

One thing I have noticed though is that Best Lock and Mega Bloks are not able to compete very well with LEGO. Inferior products and mediocre set designs are not doing it for them regardless of price. Of course with the new Dragons forge set they have created one of the best ideas ever for a set. I hope LEGO sees it and "borrows" the idea.

And to not be totally off topic, I am really liking this new set. It looks better than any of the mecha out yet. I can't wait for it.

hey

ive got official pics of 7713

and what i have noticed is extremely interesting about the set is that bridge walker comes with a missile firer like that in sonic phantom this is used to obviously used to shoot at white lightning which interestingly falls apart on the chest plates if you hit them!!

Well dash, we weren't the one who started the topic...

train.jpg

So anyway...

What do you think our chances are of getting some more White Lightning-scale Exo-Frames? I lind of like the design, sort of mid way between the smaller class Mechs and the standard ones deino.gif