Sign in to follow this  
Willdog

MOC: Atlantis Red Defender

Here in Australia I haven't been able to get my hands on any 2011 Lego yet. So in my sorrows, and the fact that there's no large subs coming in 2011, I have spent the last week or so making this...

5363156014_886a30ecac_z.jpg

Front. Best image I could get summing up the whole thing.

5362549607_a07d4ac369_z.jpg

Side. The blots of light grey on the side of the wing engines are the only things that still have me annoyed, sometimes you just don't have enough dark grey though =(

5362560573_eddfe0b39c_z.jpg

Top. For interest sake the model is 34 studs wide and 52 long (with little speeder sub attached).

5363200540_b6f6598207_z.jpg

Back. Speeder Sub clips onto the back just above the main booster just like the Neptune Carrier.

5363207612_15533cc6b0_z.jpg

BUT THERE'S MORE! Both wing engines slide off to make Explorer Drones.

5363212124_b860475e72_z.jpg

Both drones together. I really like mucking around with these.

5362629051_5ac89f3159_z.jpg

They do open up but as much as I tried I couldn't figure a way to get a mini-fig inside. Atlantis helmets are huge when it comes to making cockpits.

5363247434_520d8d97e4_z.jpg

Proudly the longest and widest (but not highest) of the family.

5362638757_68b3caee02_z.jpg

"Uhhh... Lets not mess with him." "It hasn't even got any harpoons?" "But it's long and wide dammit!" "But not high!" "I guess. Why do they want our jewels anyway?" "Beats me." END SCENE

BONUS THINGS:

5363258680_6989ecd7c7_z.jpg

5362641417_cae581c093_z.jpg

I call this a Servo Backpack for picking up those nasty jewels. The good thing about the big Atlantis helmets is the possibilities they give for propellers and lights ets...

This is just a little walker. (I only really made this because I can't find the legs for one of the divers, oops)

5362644531_32d93ec701_z.jpg

5363261666_742f185779_z.jpg

NOTE: This is only about my third MOC ever so I know it's not as smooth as it could be but there it is.

Wow. I'm speechless. This is a really amazing MoC. Only one question: how is it supposed to fight the Atlantean Warriors if it has no weapons! :tongue: How do you get the subs on the side to stay on, I can't see any connection point? :wacko: The little Servo Backpack is awesome, I think I might have to make one for my divers. The walker could use some work, but like you said you only built it because you couldn't find the divers legs.

Edited by Legomaster34

Nice MOC, it could even be an Atlantis set on its own.

Well done :thumbup:

Wow. I'm speechless. This is a really amazing MoC. Only one question: how is it supposed to fight the Atlantean Warriors if it has no weapons! :tongue: How do you get the subs on the side to stay on, I can't see any connection point? :wacko: The little Servo Backpack is awesome, I think I might have to make one for my divers. The walker could use some work, but like you said you only built it because you couldn't find the divers legs.

Hey thanks for the nice words. The Drones stay on with a female connection on the wing you can see in the picture with the drone disconnected. In the picture below that you can see a hole in the side of the right drone, the male connection is hidden inside instead of on the outer edge of the drone, this just hides the skinny bit of the wing. Oh and about the weapons, lets just say this is a research vehicle that comes in first before they knew there was a threat :tongue: Probably will add some sooner or later though.

Edited by Willdog

Im am shamelessly going to steal this design for myself!!! :laugh:

Great ship you built there,i wouldnt rush to get the 2011 sets,the colour scheme of the early sets is so much better.

Im am shamelessly going to steal this design for myself!!! :laugh:

Great ship you built there,i wouldnt rush to get the 2011 sets,the colour scheme of the early sets is so much better.

Ha ha, go ahead. Lego could do so much more with those Atlantis helmets besides propellers and lights.

This is just cool. I would have been more interested in the Atlantis line if there had been more sub designs like this. Great work. :thumbup:

Very well done MOC WillDog! This one really fits well with the Atlantis theme, it even looks like it could pass for an official set IMO. Great job! :thumbup: