Sign in to follow this  
Piglet

Brickton Chronicles - a pirate theme comic

Hello. It's my debut post in here.

I've just added another 5 translated pages of my comic Brickton Chronicles.

00en.jpg_thumb.jpg

00enb.jpg_thumb.jpg

You might have seen this gallery already, but if not, I invite you to watch it :o)

Introduction:

'I'd like to introduce my comic 'BRICKTON CHRONICLES'.

Briefly - It's a pirate themed story that shows the adventures of characters,

determined to find the legendary treasure of Isla De La Muerte.

There are Hans Blond - a clever thief, spaniard Alfonso Baleron, pirate captains Roger and Barbabella,

Jussi De Tavern and Rose Pulpetine - two nice ladies, and many more.

I hope that Reader will discover an interesting plot, action, fighting and romance ;o)

The complete comic is 50 pages long, and it's in polish.

Production took over 15 months (September 2004, till December 2005).

Except the minifigs there are many MOCs used in it (eg. 'Golden Lady' - the Admiral's ship).

There are only bricks, supported by photo-montage - no room backgrounds ;o)'

Welcome aboard Mr Piglet! I'm gathering by the fact you dedicated 15 months of your life to producing a Pirate LEGO comic you must be somewhat interested in the Pirate LEGO Theme - correct me if I'm wrong there!

Do I remember seeing this comic at PirateBricks.com once upon a time or was that something else? Anyway, the comic I recall was in a language not familiar to me so therefore I couldn't read it. If this is the same comic then it is very wonderful you have decided to translate it!

I can not read this at the moment, but welcome about mate! This looks fantastic just by the background and everything that seems to be so will made...I am anxiously waiting on reading these.

I don't have time to read this at the moment either, but at the rate Mr Piglet is translating these pages I might as well wait until he's finished so I can read the whole thing without having to wait.

why was it written in a language not of english?

Probably because people with other languages than english as their native languages do actually EXIST!

Scary, isn't it?!? :-P

why was it written in a language not of english?

Probably because people with other languages than english as their native languages do actually EXIST!

Scary, isn't it?!? :-P

I'm not so sure about that, personally, I find it a little hard to believe... It just doesn't seem possible! :-P

I'm looking forward to giving this a read through when I get the time... Thanks for all your hard work!

God Bless,

Nathan

you must be somewhat interested in the Pirate LEGO Theme

Well... yes, but i haven't made many pirate themed MOCs yet, despite the 'Golden Lady' ship and some scenography for the comic.

Do I remember seeing this comic at PirateBricks.com once upon a time or was that something else?

Yes it was posted there about a year ago (by Bruce N. H. if I remember), when it was in production :o)

I don't have time to read this at the moment either, but at the rate Mr Piglet is translating these pages I might as well wait until he's finished so I can read the whole thing without having to wait.

With my speed of translation, for the whole thing you will probably have to wait until 2007 :o)

What language is this comic being translated from and why was it written in a language not of english?

It's in polish, because i'm Pole...

Thanks for comments :o)

Oh this is a dream of mine which is coming true for I always wanted to have a pirate lego comic book to read. Its a pity the lego factory never thought of this idea for i would go out and buy all comics of pirate lego.

Oh this is a dream of mine which is coming true for I always wanted to have a pirate lego comic book to read. Its a pity the lego factory never thought of this idea for i would go out and buy all comics of pirate lego.

Well, you don't have to pay for reading my comic. But you have to wait for translation : o)

The LEGO Company already thought of this idea when the Pirate theme was first released back in 1989. The first comic can be found on websites like Peeron.com and apparently there are more however I do not know where to find them. I have only ever seen the first comic available, as for the rest - someone tell me!

Hey mate...thank you for that....

really... I red the old pirate Comics from 1989 a thousamd of times...and I love it...

I can't wait till you finish the translation... Altough my English is not so good... :-D

anyway,thank you

greetings from Serbia

Mr dJOLe_sk8, you said you "read the old Pirate Comics" - I notice a pluralised "comic" there! Anyway, the point is I've only ever seen the first issue but supposedly there are more comics, so how many of these pirate comics have you read?

Ok...that's my bad English...sorry for that...

I've red only one pirate COMIC from 1989,the golden medallion...

I really don't know if anything else exists....

Thank you for correcting me....

Greetings from Serbia

NOOOOOOOO!!! I thought finally there was someone out there that had actually read more than just "The Gold Medallion". Another user here claims to have once owned them but has since sold them, however he seems to have stopped answering when I began to ask for more details...

Well I supposed there aren't any....

But we are hoping and hoping...there are going to be new...one day

And,yes...Does anybody from LEGO actually read this?

I just want to see some new sets in good-old-style....

But if they're going to be dissapointed like new castle line...no thanx

Greetings from Sebia

Ahhhhhh... But there was! Check the top left corner of this Catalogue Page and you will see the covers for additional issues. However a thought has just occurred to me!

Yeeesss...I can see that...thanx...I can't believe it....

Anyway if you first get it,scan and put it here...I would do that...

I just can't believe that nobody have it...

greetings from Serbia

The thought that occurred to me was - They might not BE Pirate Comics! I've only assumed that these were the covers of the comics, however they could well be the covers of the LadyBird book series. We need an interpreter to interpret everything written on that page as it may hold clues as to what these really are!

Ahhhhhh... But there was! Check the top left corner of this Catalogue Page and you will see the covers for additional issues. However a thought has just occurred to me!

If you are talkink about 18th page of the German catalogue those are audio tapes for listening to some pirate stories (if I understand the description correctly).

I doubt if there are any other comics than the 1989 one.

Hey mister Phess...I think we finally got the answer...

Thank you piglet,you correctly understand the description...

Anyway,I wish to have those audio-tracks....

Are they anywhere exists?

Greetings from Serbia

I've never been aware of Pirate LEGO audio tapes before so I have no idea where they might be found - and that's saying something!