Sign in to follow this  
Azzepa

Problems with making instructions using LPub

Hi!

I have recently started using computer building tools, and downloaded MLCAD and LPub (and other bits and bobs that came with the package). Unfortunately, I can't get LPub to make instructions even for the sample models, and end up just with a mess like this:

2r7sje1.png

Am I missing something? Have I done something wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Can you give some more details.

Operation system

LPub version

Location LPub, Ldraw on drive

Is LDview installed & selected (see preferences in LPUB)

I made several instructions using LPub a few months ago, also being new to it, and found it relatively easy. I certainly didn't have the problem you have, so I can only guess what's causing it. Do you have a program used for rendering images installed? LPub needs one. LDGLite and LDView are two options. Furthermore, LPub needs to know the path where to find that program. You can change the path by clicking Configuration and then Preferences in Lpub.

Cheers,

Ralph

Right now it looks as if LPub simply can't fidn your renderer, as Ralph explains.

But if you keep having problems with LPub, then I recommend using an older version as it seemed just a bit more stable.

As it is stands right now, my alternative to LPub is still about a year from being released (competition is always good)

Thanks for the help, but I managed to fix it (Hooray!)

I fixed it by installing a later version of LDView instead of the one from the LDraw package and changed the preferences in LPub accordingly, and it started working from there. Odd if you ask me. There was nothing wrong with the previous LDView, it worked... *huh*

Thanks for all your help though, it is much appreciated.

As it is stands right now, my alternative to LPub is still about a year from being released (competition is always good)

An alternative! That sounds great! Not that Lpub is bad or something, but it is the only one. That's why many selfmade instructions are looking a bit the same.

If you're making it yourself (I think so), here is a tip: Ensure that people can more vary in the instructions they make.

Good luck whit making a new "LEGO instruction maker" :laugh::thumbup:

Edited by legolijntje

An alternative! That sounds great! Not that Lpub is bad or something, but it is the only one. That's why many selfmade instructions are looking a bit the same.

If you're making it yourself (I think so), here is a tip: Ensure that people can more vary in the instructions they make.

Good luck whit making a new "LEGO instruction maker" :laugh::thumbup:

:wacko:

From my point of view the aesthetics of a set of instructions matter far less than their clarity and instructions are clearer if they have a more-or-less standard format. That way, if you've built something following a certain set of instructions, the instructions for another model will already look familiar. LEGO's own instructions all follow essentially the same format. LPub does offer the possibility of customisation, by the way. For instance, you can choose an image as a background. Quite why you'd want to do that is beyond me, but it is possible.

That doesn't mean I'm opposed to an alternative package, of course.

Azzeppa, glad to know you managed to solve the problem!

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

I am also having the exact same problem as above. I am using win7 lpub version 4.0.0.11 . Tried with LDVIEW versions 3.0 and 4.1 with NO PICTURE. Trying with just the basic Pyramid.dat, and still no pictures. Went to other pages it showed part quantities , and not even part pictures.