Sign in to follow this  
Dazmundo

Original Star Wars Lego Sets

When LEGO first started producing Star Wars LEGO sets I bought 6 and put them away as I was not in a position to do anything with them at the time. I have just recently regained my passion and I want to start collecting and building LEGO again so I have just got them down from the loft. I wasn't sure if I should just open and build them or sell them on and use the money to buy some Castle or Town sets (Sorry more my thing) so I looked them up on BrickLink and was amazed at the prices they are listed at, so I wanted to ask do these sets actually sell for these kinds of amounts.

I have the following sets, all still sealed in their boxes.

7101 - Lightsaber Duel

7104 - Desert Skiff

7110 - Landspeeder

7121 - Naboo Swamp

7128 - Speeder Bikes

7130 - Snowspeeder

Any thoughts would be apreciated

D

This belongs in the BSTF Forum.

I'll move it there.

If you want my honest opinion, I don't think they're worth opening for what they're worth selling. I think the only sets I'd consider keeping from that list is 7128 Speeder Bikes.

Use the catalog item search on bricklink and check the price guide. There you can see the past 6 months of price data and what has sold for how much. For example, the 7101 set has sold for an average of $36 in the past 6 months with a minimum price of $25.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=7101-1

I would sell them if I were you, especially since you're not really into it.

Use the catalog item search on bricklink and check the price guide. There you can see the past 6 months of price data and what has sold for how much. For example, the 7101 set has sold for an average of $36 in the past 6 months with a minimum price of $25.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=7101-1

I would sell them if I were you, especially since you're not really into it.

Ah that is brilliant, thanks I didn't know there was that info on there.

I shall be listing them on BrinkLink then!

D

Ah that is brilliant, thanks I didn't know there was that info on there.

I shall be listing them on BrinkLink then!

D

I would wait, the longer you do, the more precious they will be. Store them away from the sun, keep the boxes as prestine as you can, and wait. The longer you do, the more it will become your retirement fund :laugh: Just kidding, but after a while, it will become some $$$ :thumbup:

I would wait, the longer you do, the more precious they will be. Store them away from the sun, keep the boxes as prestine as you can, and wait. The longer you do, the more it will become your retirement fund :laugh: Just kidding, but after a while, it will become some $$$ :thumbup:

Well I have opened a shop Dazmundo's Bricks and listed them, looked at the Price Guide and tried to guess a reasonable price.

I will now put them away safely, if they sell they sell and if they don't so be it!

D

Edited by Dazmundo

Well I have opened a shop Dazmundo's Bricks and listed them, looked at the Price Guide and tried to guess a reasonable price.

I will now put them away safely, if they sell they sell and if they don't so be it!

D

Good luck!

Sign in to follow this