Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Seven

redscaremysterybanner.png

img_0425.jpg

Two shady figures meet behind the warehouse at the docks. A dim light shines on them...

"These are the new sets of orders from Command." one says.

"Excellent. Now, if you excuse me, I've got things to attend too." the other says.

img_0426.jpg

"Hey!" Officer Fields calls out.

"Run!" one of the figures says.

They quickly outrun the officer, escaping him into the inky black darkness.

img_04284.jpg

Elsewhere, under a similar dim light, Congressman Bob meets General Alvin Stanley, and another curious person.

"Look Congressman, if they don't get it right today, I'll have no choice but to enact X-K2P." the person says.

"We must delay it as long as we can." Bob says.

"I'm not sure I like the prospect of silencing the citizens of this sleepy town. Maybe we just make them sign confidentiality papers." General Stanley suggests.

"Perhaps...however, if they even go near those tunnels again, I'll have no choice. Keep them away from those tunnels at all costs."

"Very well." Bob says.

The next morning, the townspeople assemble near the pond. A National Guard truck pulls up, and two soldiers exit with shotguns. The townspeople look nervous.

img_0429.jpg

"Relax. They're only here to make sure the convicted doesn't start a fight." Bob says.

"What's that?" someone asks, pointing to the box.

"I was just about to ask Officer Harrison myself." Phelps starts. "Why is your badge on a box which says "To Soviet Union"?"

"Ummm...I don't know?" Harrison says. "I certainly didn't put it there, but thanks for finding my badge."

"Whatever." Bob says. "Listen up. Today you'll be convicting one person from the group. There will be no investigating. All investigation actions will be ignored. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be convicted, and sent to the Central Intelligence Building for serious questioning. You will not be returning."

The townsfolk share nervous looks with each other. They had to convict one of their own today, a friend, a neighbor, potentially a family member. It would truly separate a few people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Characters:

Government Workers

mayorian.jpg

Ian Bradford (Mayor) played by Walter Kovacs

tcm.jpg

Will Ackerson (Town Councilman) played by iamded

judge.jpg

Alan Cain (Judge) played by JCC1004

chief.jpg

Ryan Phelps (Police Chief) played by JimButcher

cop1.jpg

Tim Fields (Police Officer) played by CallMePie

cop2.jpg

Louis Harrison (Police Officer) played by Brickme

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working Class

chefdieter.jpg

Dieter Schneider (Chef) played by Shadows

doctor.jpg

Simon Lloyd (Doctor) played by Burman

lawyer.jpg

Patrick Jefferson (Lawyer) Played by Professor Flitwick

dockworker.jpg

James Falzone (Dock Worker) played by CorneliusMurdock

nurse.jpg

Julie “Princess” Parker (Nurse) played by The Crazy One

farmer.jpg

Alan Simmons (Farmer) played by Fugazi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other

dolores.jpg

Dolores Jefferson (Housewife) played by Def

gloria.jpg

Gloria Jefferson (Student) played by Admiral Ron

stevie.jpg

Stevie Jefferson (Student) played by Legonater

retiredsalesman.jpg

Ralph Jenkins (Retired Salesman) played by Cralegoboy

huac_man.jpg

Matt Liebenston (HUAC Investigator) Played by Dragonator

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Arrivals

captted.jpg

Ted Harding (Captain of the Lakota) Played by Capt.JohnPaul

shiphand.jpg

Frankie Daly (Deckhand) Played by Captain Genero

Deceased

retiredwife.jpg

Valerie Jenkins (Housewife) played by Sok117

captwife.jpg

Jackie Harding (Ted's Wife)Played by Captain Becker

(Borrowed partly from Dragonator’s Mystery Manor)

1. There are 18 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end. I am trusting you all not to drop out halfway through, as that is never any fun.

2. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:

"I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".

Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:

"I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."

It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalized statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine.

3. This game is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves!

4. Please be patient with me between chapters, I will try to put up the chapter topics as quickly as possible, but, this might not be so all the time.

5. Please try to avoid editing your posts, as it can lead to suspicion against you. Just consider what you want to say before you say it, and you'll be fine.

6. Please remember that this is the early 1950’s. No iPods, digital cameras, cell phones, printers, computers, fax machines, or otherwise. No events past the current date either, or else people will view you as insane.

7. I won’t keep you in a certain room if you don’t want me too. You’ll always have the option of backtracking or researching the same place.

8. The host is usually always right. If you think I’ve made an error, then please discuss this in the discussion thread or feel free to PM me.

9. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the death of your character.

10. Remember that although a chapter has ended, that doesn’t mean that the day has concluded, and night actions can be used.

10b. There are also chapter actions. Those of you with chapter actions have the ability to use them at the end of each chapter.

11. No Metagaming please. Also, don’t base suspicions on how the person looks.

Rules may be added or deleted as the game goes on based on game play.

12. This is the 1950’s, the middle of the Cold War. You’re under constant worry of potential nuclear Armageddon, so act like it. The Communists are your enemies in this game, don’t forget that. Also, anytime historical facts from the 1950’s are brought in is a big plus.

SPECIAL CHAPTER SEVEN RULES (please read)

1) There will be no investigations today. All of these actions will be ignored.

2) To vote, please bold the name of whoever you're voting. Same to unvote.

3) Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day (This day will last 96 hours), will be voted off. I don't care if this person has one vote or eighteen votes.

So we do a good job of investigating, find the tunnels and all that, and even THAT leads to our demise? *oh2* I'm beginning to thnk we were screwed from the outset. :hmpf_bad:

It's time for us to put our heads together, people. If we don't make a good choice here, it might cost us our lives. Quite literally, I'm afraid. :sick:

Anyone want to start going over the evidnece that we think we have? I know no one wants to be the first to point the finger, but we really need to talk things through, here.

So we do a good job of investigating, find the tunnels and all that, and even THAT leads to our demise? oh2.gif I'm beginning to thnk we were screwed from the outset. default_hmpfbad.gif

I agree- it's strting to smell like a set-up. Just don't tell that to those two guys with the guns.

Frankly, I think we need to compile a list of everything we've found. I mean everything.

Frankly, I think we need to compile a list of everything we've found. I mean everything.

I concur, our thoughts are too scrambled. We aren't getting much out of our findings. That needs to change now! We can't play around any longer. X-K2P is drawing closer!

Also I can't help but notice the National Guard on the left looks familiar somehow... Oh well... :sadnew:

:grin:

Can we search the box we found with Officer Harrison's badge on top?

Also I can't help but notice the National Guard on the left looks familiar somehow... Oh well... :sadnew:

:grin:

Now you mention it...:laugh:

As for convicting, I have been taking notes on several occasions, and I reckon anyone who has been attempting to slow us down by advising agaisnt certain moves, or people who want to move to quickly, should be watched, especially with X-K2P around the corner. The fact they won't be coming back bothers me though. Even if they are found to be innocent they are still detained?

Can we search the box we found with Officer Harrison's badge on top?

It's empty, curiously. I'll allow this action because I did kind of set it up.

Right. How curious. So, who wants to go where?

How about the boat?

Hm. Officers, please explain yourselves. Fields, what were you doing, and who did you see? Harrison, what the hell is your badge doing on a package to the U.S.S.R.? Very suspicious. I suggest you gentlemen explain right away. The civillians are on edge, and no need to ship you off to Washington for no good reason, eh?

Good lord, we gotta vote someone off?! What if we are wrong? I dont wanna think about it :cry_sad:

But, I am afraid all I know for certain is that my mother was murdered for some reason, and that my brother and father are good ol' Americans. This is all I have. :sad:

I reckon anyone who has been attempting to slow us down by advising agaisnt certain moves, or people who want to move to quickly, should be watched,

People slowing us down, and people speeding us up should be watched? :wacko:

Anyway, we should wait (sorry if that makes me watchable) for Officer Harrison to explain his badge before we start casting any votes.

Vote?!!??! :angry: Well.... I'll get the pot stirring, I think we should start with everyone who has been at the places that were circled on the map. We've all been there, but who has visited the place before all of us investigated it. What about certain houses. *cough, cough*

Hm. Officers, please explain yourselves. Fields, what were you doing, and who did you see? Harrison, what the hell is your badge doing on a package to the U.S.S.R.? Very suspicious. I suggest you gentlemen explain right away. The civillians are on edge, and no need to ship you off to Washington for no good reason, eh?

"I can't speak for Officer Harrison, but I was out on patrol like I was assigned." Officer Fields says.

Remember folks, there's no wait, you may begin voting whenever you like!

Vote?!!??! :angry: Well.... I'll get the pot stirring, I think we should start with everyone who has been at the places that were circled on the map. We've all been there, but who has visited the place before all of us investigated it. What about certain houses. *cough, cough*

I'm sorry, but our whole family has been with the town all day. If anything, I think my family is being targeted. You know Patrick was a senator for years, and is a prominent lawyer and citizen. There are ample reasons for my family to be targeted.

Remember folks, there's no wait, you may begin voting whenever you like!

Again, I ask us to wait to hear from Officer Harrison. (we have 96 hours, no rush)

I agree, I'd like to hear from Officers Fields and Harrison before voting. Do tell, gentlemen.

I agree, I'd like to hear from Officers Fields and Harrison before voting. Do tell, gentlemen.

...Tell of what? Like the Chief said, I was out on assigned patrol. But Louis, buddy, you can't leave your badge lying around. It's a sign of our authority.

We have clues, but none of them pertain to any certain people. I guess maybe we should review them, they might point to someone.

Damn! Well you want to hear from me so I'll tell you. Last night it was my night off. When I got up this morning my badge was missing from my uniform. I couldn't find it. From what I think, some bastard tried to frame me. If I must always be under suspiscion now then so be it but I tell you I'm as American as they get. Fields old buddy you and I have to start jogging in the morning again.

What a night! It's a shame we have no idea who the two people docks are. Now I wonder if Officer Harrison was sloopy and left his badge on a crate for a "friend" or if he is being framed. Do you think that it is possible that a commie already got what ever was in the crate? Does anyone have any leads?

What a night!

Why, did something happen that you're not telling? I thought it was a rather quiet night, myself.

Now I wonder if Officer Harrison was sloopy and left his badge on a crate for a "friend" or if he is being framed.

I think it's more likely that Officer Harrison is being framed. I don't see any evidence against him, unless someone has learned something interesting that I am not privy to?

Congressman Bob, have the CIA (I'm assuming they are out there, past the National Guard perimeter) been able to assertain whether Valerie Jenkins or Jackie Harding were loyal Americans or Red Commie Bastards yet?

Anyone else want to chat?

Why the hell not. I think it's obvious you and I are chummy. It'll save you the time of talking to me later, if there is anything interesting to learn.

I haven't seen anybody talk about any evidence yet. Surely among the 19 of us someone has something to say?

How about you, Matt? You're the hotshot HUAC investigator here. Surely someone with YOUR skills knows who the communists are. Why don't you tell us ALL about it, hmmm? :hmpf:

I haven't seen anybody talk about any evidence yet. Surely among the 19 of us someone has something to say?

We have a lot of evidence, but it's being flung everywhere, and none of it seems to point at one specific person.

Congressman Bob, have the CIA (I'm assuming they are out there, past the National Guard perimeter) been able to assertain whether Valerie Jenkins or Jackie Harding were loyal Americans or Red Commie Bastards yet?

"I can't say anything about that yet." Congressman Bob says.

"Let's talk about what we did last night." Councilman Ackerson says. "I know I had a great night!"

By the way, this is supposed to be a time when you're throwing out random accusations, just like in the Real Red Scare. Don't be afraid to place a random vote or anything, because if you don't vote for anyone, then I'll have to either go into Sudden Death Mode or throw red herrings out until you do.

"Let's talk about what we did last night." Councilman Ackerson says. "I know I had a great night!"

Well, that speaks for itself, Councilman. What kind of night were you having? Hmm? Secret meeting with, eh, some friends? Eh? Drop any, eh, badge anywhere? Maybe eh, on your friend's box? Eh?