Rook

Rook Runner

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Legends of the Fall CABG Community Project Completed

Our second annual event to provide the CABG Community with a unique opportunity to be involved in a large scale project in various ways. Some of you may remember the Venator I made this time last year. (If you don't just look at my signature at the bottom of this post.) This project was named after an old Brat Pitt movie. But also meant to convey the idea that hopefully every Fall I’ll be building a large ship. This project ties into the story that I'm doing on CABG. It is about how this "Rook" character was involved in the fall of the Republic. So with out further a do I give you…

The Rook Runner

196 studs long by 76 studs wide by 60 studs high.

Started October 3, 2010.

Completed January 2, 2011.

12 support craft.

47 minifigures.

Classic MOC Style Images:

IMG_1989altwhite.jpg

IMG_1993altwhite.jpg

IMG_2006altwhite.jpg

In Blackness of Space Images:

IMG_1989altblack.jpg

IMG_1993altblack.jpg

IMG_2006altblack.jpg

Close Ups: From Page 1 of Gallery

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

Gallery

Saw this the other day- great work, Rook! The colors and shape are very nice, and I love all the greebles you put on it. :sweet:

Wow, this is amazing, I have nevereen this ship before, but its awsome. Keep up the good work

It's a fanon ship.

This is absolutely amazing Rook.

Thanks for posting it here - I saw and blogged it earlier through flickr.

How do you find the time to do these MOCs?

Plus how the heck do you find the inspiration?

I always scrap my spaceships and vehicles long before they even resemble something.

Perhaps I'm better off doing dioramas...

*oh2*

Normally I'd have your head for such a comment, but this is really a jawdropping MOC and I totally agree with you :laugh:

That is absolutly stunning Rook! And huge! It kind of reminds me of the Tartan Patrol cruiser from Empire at War.

I don't know what to say I suppose I like it :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: (yes that's 4 thumbs up), I am really speechless.

This is absolutely amazing Rook.

Thanks for posting it here - I saw and blogged it earlier through flickr.

How do you find the time to do these MOCs?

Plus how the heck do you find the inspiration?

I always scrap my spaceships and vehicles long before they even resemble something.

Perhaps I'm better off doing dioramas...

Here's the start. This came from the almost heart shape (inverted in this image) you can see in this image.

ProjectDay1-1.jpg

Edited by Rook

This is really amazing work, Rook. The detail, the shape, everything is phenominal.

I was going to complain about the amount of white on the backside, but then I saw the pictures further down and noticed quite a bit of white that ties it in. But then your work is always a high caliber.

Normally I'd have your head for such a comment, but this is really a jawdropping MOC and I totally agree with you :laugh:

Wait, is Kim getting soft on us? :laugh:

Superb job, Rook - looks fantastic ! I'm not familiar with the ship, however - do you have a link to the original source material, or did you just use your imagination ?

Dr. D.

Ah, this looks very nice! Somehow the shape of it really reminds me of your Rook hood. Whether the hood thing is intended or not - good job on rookifying it! :laugh:

Enpaz

During my Dark Ages I may have played Magic Cards (duh). Seing such MOCs reminds me of players showing decks full of japanese premium summer edition Black Lotuses pimped by original artists and signed by Richard Garfield.

I'm not even sure I could build a support ship for your MOC with my entire collection :D

Anyway it's gorgeous : both massive and well designed. One could argue that it misses lights and gallery of the ship innards, but it's already jawdropping as it is.

If I could indulge myself with a suggestion, aimed at number whores : what is the total weight and approx. brick count of the beast ?

Your best creation ever 'Rook' - a totally AWESOME starship with lots of gun turrets - I like it ! :devil:

Congrats on being front paged too, you deserve it for this excellent piece of designing !

And I add this last......May the brick be with you always ! :yoda:

Superb job, Rook - looks fantastic ! I'm not familiar with the ship, however - do you have a link to the original source material, or did you just use your imagination ?

Dr. D.

It's fanon but resembles the Action IV Transport.

This is really amazing work, Rook. The detail, the shape, everything is phenominal.

I was going to complain about the amount of white on the backside, but then I saw the pictures further down and noticed quite a bit of white that ties it in. But then your work is always a high caliber.

Wait, is Kim getting soft on us? :laugh:

I only used white on the inside. So I'm guessing you're referring to the light gray. Yeah if I had enough pieces, there probably wouldn't have been any light gray used on the exterior. :thumbup:

Dr. D.

Sorry I couldn't find a picture of my brain. :grin:

Edited by Rook

*oh2* What? this is Lego? When I saw this on the frontpage, I thought it was just a model that WILL be made into LEGO.

This is absolutely jaw-dropingly good. Just Fantastic! Detail+Humongous size= Awesomeness

Really well done :sweet: