junglistjoey, can you confirm if the function changing box is centered in the car? From the underside pics that you posted, the driving rings look like they are a stud more towards what would be the passenger side of the car. Thanks.

um sorry mate cannot confirm atm its in bits

There are 6 of the 6 long links (4629920) and two of the 9 long links (4141300).

The gearbox is not centred in the car, it is wedged right up against the passenger seat.

The part number for the female CV joint is 4610374.

And if anyone was wondering, the steering wheel in non functional.

The gearbox is not centred in the car, it is wedged right up against the passenger seat.

And if anyone was wondering, the steering wheel in non functional.

I figured that the steering wheel didn't actually work, but why wouldn't they have the function box centered between the seats? :sceptic: That is kind of a bummer.

I figured that the steering wheel didn't actually work, but why wouldn't they have the function box centered between the seats? :sceptic: That is kind of a bummer.

I could understand it if it was towards the drivers seat, some cars are like that I think, but towards the passenger seat? Hmmmm

I could understand it if it was towards the drivers seat, some cars are like that I think, but towards the passenger seat? Hmmmm

I haven't built the car yet, so I don't know the answer yet, but why would they not have it right in the center? I know it isn't really a big deal, but still.

The 8070's Shop.Lego.com price in Germany = 109.99 Euros (~ US $150.18). Not bad. It is not available in the US yet, however.... :sad:

"The ultimate LEGO® Technic building challenge!

This cool supercar is full of working features and functions, just like the real thing! Use the built-in LEGO® Power Functions to open the scissor doors, extend the rear spoiler and pop the hood to reveal the realistic V8 engine! Features gear wheel steering, realistic suspension and moving pistons. Rebuild into a Hot Rod for even more of a challenge!

•Rebuild into a cool Hot Rod

•Includes LEGO® Power Functions Medium Motor #8883 and LEGO Power Functions Battery Box #8881

•Features realistic details: gear wheel steering, realistic suspension and moving pistons

•Open the scissor doors!

•Extend the rear spoiler!

•Pop the hood!

•Supercar measures over 18” (45cm) long and 8” (20cm) wide"

The 8070's Shop.Lego.com price in Germany = 109.99 Euros (~ US $150.18). Not bad. It is not available in the US yet, however.... :sad:

Seems I was right about the 110 Euros price tag.'

Ill probably buy it once they release it, as it has some interesting pieces :)

On youtube there is a video of building the A model. The gearbox is technically interesting, but the functions seems boring.

LINK

Does anyone knoe the part number for the chrome rims he swapped onto the car? Or where to find a set?

That built car in the picture with the 8070 box isn't the 8070 model. It is crowkillers version that he built last year. He recently sold that model on Ebay LINK

Those wheels are just the standard wheels that come on the 8070, 8653, and 8145 LINK He sent them away to get chrome plated somewhere. He has a link at his SITE. There are various places that sell chromed parts on bricklink.

Edited by TechnicJuan

Does anyone knoe the part number for the chrome rims he swapped onto the car? Or where to find a set?

I don't think they come in any sets. Crowkillers had those rims chromed. They look good! :thumbup:

Vampalan posted a short

that shows the Lego Technic 8070 Supercar's powered rear wing, doors, and hood (bonnet):

junglistjoey's

shows them in better light:

Vampalan posted a short

that shows the Lego Technic 8070 Supercar's powered rear wing, doors, and hood (bonnet):

I've said it before and I'll say it again: This is a weird collection of features to motorize. I like this model very much, and I appreciate the gearbox. I don't mind that it switches functions instead of switching gears, and I understand that this is more interesting to kids. But why the motor? I would rather have turned a crank on this one and saved $50. The only times I really think motors are needed are for R/C models and for anything with a linear actuator. They are too painful to turn by hand, and yet most LA-enabled sets do not come with motors.

Anyway, I'll still buy it of course.

and I understand that this is more interesting to kids.

I suspect that a kid, after ten minutes of opening hood and doors, opening hood and doors, opening hood and doors and eventually opening hood and doors, is already bored :grin: .