marshal_banana

UCS Sandcrawler MOC

I had to post something, even though I'm not a hard-core LEGO Star Wars fan, since this Sandcrawler is simply amazing.

Not only does it look great on the exterior (I like it better than the one you show in your first post because the sides aren't build of plates), it also drives, has a fantastic interior and all the lights you've put into it make it look very real!

:wub:

Hi,

It's a beautiful MOC,

One question : what colors are used exactly? (other than Reddish Brown).

Thank you.

As a wise Draganator once said.. (Yes I'm too lazy to find the quote. :grin: )

"I want one! Or two! OR even seven!"

This is the most amazing, detailed, humongous MOC I've ever seen!

Words can not express my amazement.

:wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool::drool: :drool: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

But emotions can! Marvelous work!

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *oh2*

Most ever impressive 10144!!!

I also had an idea for the moc sandcrawler...but not at these levels! wow!

Does anyone know how long the Cuusoo 'In Review' stage will take for this? It reached 10,000 votes on 12th August last year & I really can't see what's taking so long? It's bound to be another big seller for Lego as follows:

i) Big UCS set

ii) Original Trilogy

iii) Old version has a £300+ aftermarket value

iv) Everyone loves Jawas & Power Functions & LEDs!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I hope it ends up being 3000 - 3500 parts & I'm looking forward to spending £400+ on one!!

Thanks, it will be interesting to see if it gets the green light and, if not, what reason they give....

I'm still bemused that the Winchester Pub from Shaun on the Dead was rejected. If memory serves they said that it was 'innapropriate' (or similar)....I'll never understand that; comedy zombies from a cracking film, nope, but the 'Monster Hunters' range is fine..... :look: :look: :look: :look: :look:

Anyway, I digress. Fingers crossed that this will be accepted.

For those of you that haven't seen it: (link here)

Results of the LEGO Review for UCS Sandcrawler

First and foremost, congratulations to mb_bricks for reaching 10,000 supporters a second time on LEGO CUUSOO, and toward everyone for all of the support of the UCS Sandcrawlerâ„¢ project! The Fall LEGO Review has concluded and the LEGO Review Board has arrived at its decision about the three projects in review.

This is a project of epic proportions; a Sandcrawler that could potentially dwarf even the Taj Mahal, currently the largest LEGO set ever produced. Unfortunately we can’t approve this project in the LEGO Review based on our ongoing relationship and collaboration with Lucasfilm on LEGO Star Wars.

mb_bricks has been a pleasure to work with throughout this process. We also recognize the intense interest of all of you who supported this project, and we are sorry to deliver this disappointing news.

I was really hoping that Lego might produce this, albeit at a reduced scale, not a happy bunny :angry::hmpf_bad::angry:

:sad: Disappointing, for sure. This set was the possibility of a UCS set that could top 10179. (Not in iconic status, but in size, in features, in sheer awesomeness.) I guess we all sort of thought it in the back of our minds: that this one might be turned down because of how TLG and Lucas Licensing plan their sets.

Someone did point out in the general CUUSOO thread (I think it was Faefrost; I'm on mobile right now and don't want to try to look it up.) that they don't actually say that it's impossible as a set concept, just that their relationship with Lucas Licensing doesn't allow them to do this as the next CUUSOO set. (I'm sure it's very possible that their contract with the Lucasfilm guys played a part in reviewing the possibility of a set for which there would be another party involved in the profits/monetary side of things.)

The simplest explanation could be that they already have a Sandcrawler in the production pipeline somewhere. Much like the problem they ran into with the Western Town. (Which really doubly sucks given that was Marshall's project too.) it makes me wish or hope that there could be some mechanism whereby the CuuSoo team could hand off stuff like this to the specific license team, to maybe arrange some sort of non CuuSoo contract to add something like this to the regular production lines.

I agree. It is kind of unavoidable that every now and then someone's project is going to get to ten thousand votes and be a concept that TLG is already working on, since TLG can't shut the project down without revealing what they're working on. And it's definitely understandable that they're already planning this out well in advance and they got there first, but I imagine that if TLG releases a sandcrawler set sometime soon, while understandable (especially if its a System set), they'll get at least a fair amount of criticism for not working with marshall on it.

that's not a surprising decision, though, it show how massive the impact of the sandcrawler was.

CUUSOO is very touchy when it comes to licensed, or not yet licensed creation, no kiding.

I do not think the license issue should stop us voting for Star-Wars related projects anymore.

I do see on other sites that people start to say that it's no use to vote for Star Wars related sets on CUUSOO anymore due to the licensing issue with Lucasarts. However, I do think it is important to pass on to TLG on what we would like to have, and what we think TLG should make or at least focus on.

A UCS Sandcrawler might not have made it due to the licensing issues, but at least TLG now knows there's a big horde of people who would want a big, challenging set based on a Sandcrawler :classic:

I do not think the license issue should stop us voting for Star-Wars related projects anymore.

I do see on other sites that people start to say that it's no use to vote for Star Wars related sets on CUUSOO anymore due to the licensing issue with Lucasarts. However, I do think it is important to pass on to TLG on what we would like to have, and what we think TLG should make or at least focus on.

A UCS Sandcrawler might not have made it due to the licensing issues, but at least TLG now knows there's a big horde of people who would want a big, challenging set based on a Sandcrawler :classic:

I still suspect that at least with Star Wars and Lucasfilm, a lot of it will come down to whether or not the subject was something shown on screen in one of the movies and created by ILM? vs Is it simply a Staw Wars Universe subject such as something from the EU or a Videogame or comic.

Time to bring this topic back to life ;)

With that comment? Why?

Would this Sandcralwer be source of inspiration for the next UCS ? :D

No TLG rejected the idea :sad:.

First and foremost, congratulations to mb_bricks for reaching 10,000 supporters a second time on LEGO CUUSOO, and toward everyone for all of the support of the UCS Sandcrawlerâ„¢ project! The Fall LEGO Review has concluded and the LEGO Review Board has arrived at its decision about the three projects in review.

This is a project of epic proportions; a Sandcrawler that could potentially dwarf even the Taj Mahal, currently the largest LEGO set ever produced. Unfortunately we can’t approve this project in the LEGO Review based on our ongoing relationship and collaboration with Lucasfilm on LEGO Star Wars.

mb_bricks has been a pleasure to work with throughout this process. We also recognize the intense interest of all of you who supported this project, and we are sorry to deliver this disappointing news.

With that comment?

Follows Closely was referring to the rumour that there's a new (UCS) Sandcrawler for 2014 (link). However, at $299 (or about £185) I can't see it being that impressive, but time will tell!

A UCS Sandcrawler and UCS Slave-1...oh dear I think 2014 is going to be another expensive Legotastic year :D