marshal_banana

UCS Sandcrawler MOC

Can't see the video, too! It is possible to fix this?

BTW: Truly AWESOME! One of the best and detailed Lego-creation on earth. There's nothing to add...

Holy Crap, that is amazing. The power functions, the size, the accuracy, the details ... EVERYTHING! The amount of work and money really paid off. This is on of the best LEGO creations of all time, and 100x better than your inspiration one.

Great job :thumbup:

Thank you for making my dream build! Some years ago I thought about making a minifig-scaled Sandcrawler, with the (then) new crawler treads. When the math was done, I realized it couldn't be done, it would be too big. You did it. You are the man.

Once every two years or so, a SW MOC that baffles the AOFL world is shown. This is the best one yet. Thanks again.

Totally blown away - The video really shows off the MOC in all its glorious detail - You've clearly poured so much love into this.

I aspire to this level of excellence...

We ought to have a jaw-dropping emoticon for situations like this.

Isn't this it: *oh2* or :oh3: ?

And as for the video, thanks for uploading. This thing looks even better in video form. I really like the opening door, but as BD said, I fear for those stressed bricks. And the motors are very smooth :thumbup:

EPIC does not even begin to describe this thing. The details are just beyond impressive.

I watched that video twice!

fantastic work, I hope this stays built.

Really fantastic, as seen in the films!!!! Maybe you are thinking to sell instructions for it? I'm sure that you'll find a good number of people interested about it! :laugh:

Rather than use the same adjectives that everyone else has used (all of which I agree with), let me say, that in light of the new SW sets, if Lego announced that they were going to release this as a set alone, and nothing else, for 2012, I'd be ecstatic. I would gladly give up a year or two of mediocre sets for the opportunity to build and own this.

Wow.

*oh2*

Even my wife was impressed!

That is an amazing model. If only FIFA had that kind of dedication!

Mind = Blown

That is amazing!

The size of this creation is also breathtaking, great work! :wub:

The world is not enought to qualify you're creation. It's the best MOC at the minifig scale I've never seen in my life.

Congratulation you kick my megablocks :wacko:

This is one of the coolest MOCS ever. I LOVE IT!!! Amazing work, for a moment I was looking at one of the interior shots and thought "ok, where is the lego version and realized I was looking at Lego and not a screne cap".

I normally don't jump in to repeat what others said, but this is one of the best MOCs I've ever seen. Perfect detail both inside and out, and great photography to boot.

Also, you got linked by gizmodo! Of course, they ruined it by calling it a sandwalker. Sigh...

Edited by StoutFiles

Perfection! :wub: At first glance I thought that photo on the frontpage was a reference shot....

Utinni! :thumbup:

Ushabia namba kee koolee? :wink:

i would hope so!

This will be one of the Star Wars MOC's that will be talked about years from now, stunning, amazing, beautifully rendered.

Thank you, Marshall_banana, incredible work!!

Ja nun, was soll ich sagen...Schweizer sind langsam, aber bei deinem Sandwühler hat es sich gelohnt zu warten!! Ein Modell in Minifig-Maßstab, das für mich zu den schönsten zählt, weil es mal *kein* Raumschiff oder schneller Flitzer ist. Ich glaube, daß dir am meisten die Inneneinrichtung Spaß gemacht hat, weil du dich da richtig austoben und deiner Phantasie freien Lauf lassen konntest (Genau wie an der Außenseite, die im Film nicht zu sehen ist...). Wirklich eine herausragende Arbeit und ein tolles Gesamtkonzept, auch mit der Beleuchtung! Ich freue mich auf das Video!

Tschüs, Christian

Irgendwann, wenn ich mal Zeit und Geld habe, baue ich auch was Großes....*träum*

This is beautiful, great job!

It also has broke all over the Internet. I'm sure you've seen some links, but it may be hard to track down all the places blogging it.

http://www.geekologie.com/2011/06/theyre-stealing-my-other-blocks-impressi.php

http://dvice.com/archives/2011/06/10000-piece-leg.php

It seems to have started from a Brother's Brick blog post

Very well done and quite the best of any UCS type set. Almost makes me want to either buy it or find/make a building instruction if you recorded enough of the detail in the process.

Going to keep that, sell it, or part it out?

Just wanted to add my voice to the army of admirers - this is a truly amazing creation ! It would have been brilliant without all the interior details, lighting etc., but when you factor those into the mix as well it's incredible !

Can't wait to see what you build next.....

D.

Fantastic and most impressive build. Congratulations on this epic achievement.

I particularly like the brwon greeble seen on the top, and the detailed interior.