On a scale of 1 to 5  

117 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Why do vehicles have no doors??? Makes no sense, especially the bank truck. So a guy had to go in thru the back and crawl to the front seat??

This set surprised me, as after the review I have taken a liking to it. It definately has the playability factor, and who can go wrong with 3 vehicles? The armoured truck is detailed, and the police car has a nice stylistic change on the rear end. The crowbar is a must have piece as well. I just might pick this set up if I see it on the shelves.

Thanks for the review!

Great review I really love the new police line and this is a great addition and would you be able do another great review of the new prisoner transport please... *oh2*

Hi mifody, thanks for the great review. Don't worry about the english, I could easliy work out what was going on from your fantastic pics!! :classic: This review has confirmed to me that I would like to purchase this set, although I'm cringing at the AUD S@H price; AUD$90! I don't think that it's worth $90, especially with our dollar so high at the moment. I think I'll have to hang out for a sale.

However, mifody if you get any more 2011 sets soon, please continue with your fantastic reviews!

Built this set last night, and LOVE IT! Great build, some really interesting techniques, and unlike so many sets of late, it really does feel like it's worth its price tag.

Probably the real star of the set is the armored car-- it's pretty solid, well designed, and aesthetically speaking it's just beautiful. I love the whole vault area, as well... it's just really well executed in Lego form. Two thumbs up.

Not sure if you guys confirmed this as a Target exclusive-- but I found it there and nowhere else.

This is one of the best City sets of the last few years for me. Amongst the hordes of fire stations, police stations and construction vehicles comes this. Although my main interest is in the modular buildings, I'm gonna pick this one up as the MoC'ing potential for modulars is awesome. :classic:

Great review of this set. It's great to get another bank in LEGO city. I might also want to get this set on sale to make it taller. Great set love the ATM bankcard the Vault and all the Cars. The only thing I don't like is that the Armoured Truck doors don't like unlike the Armoured Truck from World City.

This is a great set.

I bought this a few weeks ago and will probably go ahead and open it up after viewing your thread. Lots of neat things going on with this.

Excellent review and thanks for doing it! I just picked this set up for my to be six year olds Birthday, Saturday. I'll get to watch him assemble and play with it. He was very excited when he saw it in the newest catalog and seeing it assembled here helps me know it was money well spent!

Nice review! Im not gonna get any city sets in this year except this set, must have! Im more in Fire than into police but this set is just too cool :blush:

Captain Becker

Thank you very much for this great review, mifody! :classic:

I voted for

above average :wub: :wub:

since this set is simply amazing - but there are even some details which easily could have been done better.

Cons:

-no bricks above the door to the vault

-no third floor with an office

-no real security officer

-no wall between the driver's cab and the other room inside the armored van

-only two bills

-police car without doors

-police car fits only one minifig although there would be place for two

Pros:

-a new bank

-very detailed interior

-excellent looking interior as well as exterior of the bank

-excellent looking interior as well as exterior of the armored van

-female bank officer

-a lot of accessory

-a lot of playability without making the contents of the set unrealistic

Of all the sets we've got information til now and seen pics til now, this is simply the best City set for this year! :oh:

Keep on the good work with giving us more civilian houses and civilian sets in general, TLG! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Nice review. One of the pics shows a green motorcycle. I'm searching for that one. Could someone please tell me in which set I can find that motorcycle?

Nice review. One of the pics shows a green motorcycle. I'm searching for that one. Could someone please tell me in which set I can find that motorcycle?

At me this motorcycle from a set 8896 "Snake Canyon"!

Edited by mifody

Enjoyable review. This is next month's "treat" (budget for this month was more than exhausted!), particularly liking the truck.

The only thing I don't particularly like is the security driver having "Police" on his back, but not to worry, he will be deployed in an alternate role in my town.

great review. thanks for sharing.

just got one question, i'm super new to lego so forgive my being newbie,

can i use the glass windows on the city bank building as windows for the truck

if i'm modifying it to become a mini bus? thanks

great review. thanks for sharing.

just got one question, i'm super new to lego so forgive my being newbie,

can i use the glass windows on the city bank building as windows for the truck

if i'm modifying it to become a mini bus? thanks

The great thing about LEGO is that you can do whatever you want, but the Windows in the bank are a little high to be good windows in a bus/van. You might want to take a look at one of these sets instead:

Satellite Launch Platform

City Corner

The City Corner is a remarkable set, the predecessor to this bank in the size/style of the building. The windows on the bus would probably be more useful for your needs. The Satellite Launch Platform is a new set, and I don't have it yet, but it looks very promising for making a nice looking van.

Great review mifody :thumbup: I liked the vehicle comparison photos. Need to get the set with the green dirt bike. I love this set! Best bank so far, at least since the 90's. Two of these makes it even better! Love the storage inside the van! Thanks for the review :classic:

I love this set. In fact, it's my first "Outstanding" of all I've voted on! Nice review too, big clear pictures. I picked one up at Target and even paid full price... if it were avail at TRU, I'd have gotten 2. But 1 will have to do it for being a Target exclusive. The van is great, and the building vibrant and colorful. It looks perfect in a downtown setting. Here's mine. A bit MOC'd up just to raise it a bit and tile the surfaces. I may make it a brick or two taller yet... maybe one more brick on each floor will make it compete stronger w the nearby Emporium.

bank.jpg

I love this set. In fact, it's my first "Outstanding" of all I've voted on! Nice review too, big clear pictures. I picked one up at Target and even paid full price... if it were avail at TRU, I'd have gotten 2. But 1 will have to do it for being a Target exclusive. The van is great, and the building vibrant and colorful. It looks perfect in a downtown setting. Here's mine. A bit MOC'd up just to raise it a bit and tile the surfaces. I may make it a brick or two taller yet... maybe one more brick on each floor will make it compete stronger w the nearby Emporium.

I consider that for modular street the given structure doesn't approach! I have altered a building of bank and my variant you can see under the reference"City Bank"