Yatkuu

WINTER BREAK: Muggle entrance to the Ministry of Magic

Dear EB members… I give you the Muggle entrance to the Ministry of Magic !

1.jpg

Ok… I can already hear the comments… “how can you tell this is the real entrance to the Ministry of Magic and not just a random phone booth in a crappy place?”

Well… that’s a fair enough interrogation, so I say let’s put it to the test!

Let’s ask this average muggle who is passing by to dial “62442”… and we will see what happens…

2.jpg

Holy cow… what is happening??!! It's going down!

3.jpg

5.jpg

After a short ride we find our nice guinea pig muggle one level down… and a little bit shocked… especially when he sees a rather worried looking witch coming out of a fire place…

Here is a picture of the overall layout...

6.jpg

On the “street” level, when the phone booth is on the lower level the void is filled with a sliding panel mechanism. The “elevator” mechanism is activated by turning the knob you can see on the right hand side.

The piece count is around 750, hope you guys like it!

Here is a link to a Youtube video demo of the phone booth going down:

... and a link to my brickshelf for additional views of how the sliding panel works:

Brickshelf

Edited by Yatkuu

Very nice! I was also caught off guard by the working phone booth/elevator. Love the lights on the second level too.

I have a feeling that witch is about to cast an obliviate charm.

Edited by TWTaylor

Great idea and realisation.

But once you use sliding mechanism there stays a hole in floor.

On last picture there is no hole, so how did you filled it and how are you going to use sliding mechanism

if there's no hole up there. :hmpf_bad:

That's only thing bad in realisation.

MOC rating: 5/5 :laugh:

Edited by Stardusty

Thank you for your comments!

But once you use sliding mechanism there stays a hole in floor.

On last picture there is no hole, so how did you filled it and how are you going to use sliding mechanism

if there's no hole up there. :hmpf_bad:

I think you misunderstood how it works, here is a link to my brickshelf (link) , you will find additional pictures to get a better understanding of the sliding panel mechanism (I hope it is allowed to post a link to additional pictures?).

Wow, this is a great entry Yaatku! The way you combined a realistic-looking structure with a functioning elevator mechanism is certainly most impressive. I just love the way you captured the textured walls of the entrance and the color variation of the tiles in the walls and pavement. Excellent work overall and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Wow, that's amazing! I especially love the working phone booth elevator, but all the other details are great too. Plus, its very original, as I've yet to see another one like it. Good luck with the contest!

Awesome idea with awesome execution! Juxtaposing both worlds in one scene was a great idea.

That is SO cool! The trip donward was totally unexpected. On the upper level, I love the back wall with all of the SNOT used.

That is an awesome MOC! :thumbup:

Exactly! I first thought: "cool phonebooth!" But then it moved down, I didn't expect it either. Very cool MOC. I like the build itself, it terms of details and looks. But the best is of course the ingenious mechanism! Kudos to you ;-) High chances to win the contest!

What a great, unique idea and excellent execution of it! The phone booth looks authentic with an appropriate scale compared to the minifigs. And you didn't just settle for that, but you built an entire play element for it. The witch and the fireplace seal the deal by tying it with the theme.

Great job, and best of luck in the contest!

Great entry! It is very accurate and I especially like the function of the telephone box going down. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Great MOC, and of course the thing i love the most is that telephone box can go down :classic:

And i also love nice details like box next to lamp...

Thank you all for your great comments!

could we maybe have a youtube video of the telephone box going down?

I have added in the first post a link to a

and a link to my brickshelf for additional views.

Haha! Hilarious! Nice work! It reminds me of this clip I saw of where these people walked into a telephone booth and then they raised it up with a forklift... XD

Yeah, nice work.

Excelent Creation !

At first look I personally thought the Muggle street was extremly ugly ! But when I looked at it in detail I saw it was full of little details that make it very attractive instead. The Colors aren't very attractive though but it works. As for that "electric" phone booth is just so amazing ! Ingenious and beautifull at the same time. Having a backup floor sliding over the box once in the ministry of magic is just fantastic !

Really lovely Creation

Good Luck in the contest !

At first look I personally thought the Muggle street was extremly ugly ! But when I looked at it in detail I saw it was full of little details that make it very attractive instead. The Colors aren't very attractive though but it works.

Haha, thanks for your comment! You know, it's ugly on purpose! The movie is'nt that great in describing it but the book clearly describes the place as one you would'nt want to find yourself into!