KimT

Star Wars Miniland to come in LEGOLand California

This is good news, the more minilands the better! That MF looks really impresive :thumbup:

Wow! The MF is sweet! So is this news! (Good thing I live nearby!)

This will definitely be worth going to!

Do you have any more information on this?

The picture is a link to the blog where the news was found.

Click it and read more than I've quoted.

In addition to posing for photos with life-size Lego models of Chewbacca, R2-D2 and Darth Vader, visitors will be able to wander through seven Lego-fied "Star Wars" scenes, including:

Episode I: Naboo

Battle scenes at the royal palace and a flight hangar feature a duel between Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul.

Episode II: Geonosis

Obi-Wan, Padme Amidala and Anakin Skywalker battle creatures in the Geonosis arena while nearby a battle unfolds between a droid army and Republic fighters.

Episode III: Kashyyyk and Mustafar

A battle rages on the Wookie planet of Kashyyyk while Obi-Wan and Anakin engage in a fateful duel on the volcanic planet of Mustafar.

Episode IV: Tatooine

Obi-Wan, C-3PO and R2-D2 appear at Luke Skywalker's childhood home in addition to scenes featuring the Mos Eisley Cantina band and Han Solo's Millennium Falcon.

Episode V: Hoth

Imperial AT-ATs as well as Rebel snow speeders and X-wing fighters can be found on the icy planet of Hoth along with Luke, Han, Darth Vader and Princess Leia.

Episode VI: Endor

The Rebel Alliance defeats the evil Empire on the Ewok's forest moon of Endor.

Clone Wars: Christophis

In a scene that chronologically takes place between Episodes II and III, Jedi Knights Anakin and Obi-Wan appear amid an 8-foot-tall Crystal City building.

I want to go there now ! :laugh:

That MF is simply AWESOME and there are 1.5 million bricks being used for the whole show....OMG ! *oh2*

Thanks for sharing the news 'KimT'......now we all have to go there see this.......er, somehow ! :blush:

May the brick be with you ! :yoda:

Wow, that's awesome :wub:

The size of that Millenium Falcon will dwarve my 4504 but even the 10179 Millenium Falcon *oh2*

Cant wait for more pictures from landscapes, vehicles and minifigures (1:20 scale!) from all mentioned episodes.

I want to go there now ! :laugh:

Same! :wub:

Thanks for posting Kim! This looks like it will be a hit, that MF is Humongous! :wub:

If anyone is there when it opens, please upload some pics here, im sure we all would love to see what they do with some of those scenes, Im looking forward to seeing the 1,2, and 3 ones.

CF

Wow, I wish lived near LEGOLand California.

Good news for you, Kim!

The same changes are planned for Legoland Germany as well! :sweet:

The spare spaces in Günzburg are going to be filled with the same SW Episodes like you mentioned.

So it's "just" 2 years waiting for our next event in Germany...

The facts (according to the official star wars fan club magazine) known so far:

- approx. 1.5 mio bricks used

- 2000 models (both like Carlsbad)

- 7 themes (see above) with 20 m² each

- opening June 2011

That explains why everything has been build in Germany.

Thanks Holodoc :thumbup:

the los angeles times article says "Similar "Star Wars" areas are expected to open at Legoland Denmark and Legoland Germany later in the year."

big relief i couldnt figure out how to get the money for both a california trip an all the nice new sets

That's sweet! Man I wish I lived near California. It's cool that they chose Christophsis of all CW places- IMO it's still one of the best battle so far.

the los angeles times article says "Similar "Star Wars" areas are expected to open at Legoland Denmark and Legoland Germany later in the year."

Yeah I just noticed that upon rereading it :blush:

I guess I was working too fast getting it frontpaged and blogged.:laugh:

Mos Eisley Cantina band

This is what caught my eye. Can't wait to see what they do for this. Do they use regular minifigs in minilands, or are they larger figures? I only ask because that Falcon looks to be just about minifig scaled.

I may have to make my first trip to the Legoland in Cali.

This is great news.

This is what caught my eye. Can't wait to see what they do for this. Do they use regular minifigs in minilands, or are they larger figures? I only ask because that Falcon looks to be just about minifig scaled.

1/20th scale is ~twice minifig scale. Wasn't the UCS Falcon ~minifig scale?

Simply an amazing MF build, looks like it's minifig-scaled, though I'm not so sure (too lazy to measure that thing and compare with the dimensions of the real MF). It would also be interesting to see how the other builds for each episode will look like. I assume it would be EPIC, hope someone can share pictures when they visit LEGOLand Cali.

Augh and here my wife and I just convinced my son that it's not worth going to Legoland again and we should go somewhere else this year.

1/20th scale is ~twice minifig scale. Wasn't the UCS Falcon ~minifig scale?

Simply an amazing MF build, looks like it's minifig-scaled, though I'm not so sure (too lazy to measure that thing and compare with the dimensions of the real MF).

Minifig-scale is roughly 1:40, depending on who you ask. I like something closer to 1:30, which is scaled to a minifig's width rather than its height, which gives me much more options.

It would also be interesting to see how the other builds for each episode will look like. I assume it would be EPIC, hope someone can share pictures when they visit LEGOLand Cali.

I'm sure plenty will be up once it's unveiled. If they put these in every LL park, LEGOLAND Malaysia wouldn't be too far for you when it opens in 2013, right?

Now I'm wondering, if LEGOLAND Florida is supposed to be the biggest bestest LEGOLAND ever, will it have a bigger SW Miniland than all the rest? And what happened to LEGOLAND Windsor?