Sign in to follow this  
def

Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum - Day Two

Last time in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum

5330039103_cbc4afc7ac_z.jpg

Cameron 'Big Cam' Oaktree, convicted by his peers, went into a blind rage, and for the defense of the staff and patients, extreme methods had to be taken.

Now, on to

5328715454_3706281c98_z.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is a little colder than yesterday. A morning mist blankets the land, leaving precipitation condensing on the windows.

brickpaper2.png

Dr. Blutziegel enters the staff area, a deadened scowl across his face. He stands, pauses, and collects himself.

5328956184_c54189351b_z.jpg

Cameron was Insane. He was in no way Sinister. An innocent man has been condemned to death.

Nurse Pendleton sipped his coffee, unfazed. Dr. Ballbricker quickly addressed Dr. Blutziegel; "Well, do you want to continue this? Do you think they'll do any better today?"

Will you do any better today? Staff is equally responsible for this death. If you had proposed a correct candidate, perhaps an innocent corpse wouldn't be taking up space on my operating table.

Eyes wide, Dr. Rajim politely exclaimed, "This kind of sacrifice would be unacceptable in my country! I am respectfully shocked at the events that are happening at the present time in this facility." Demurely he stepped back from the conversation, wary of Dr. Blutziegel's glare. Behind him, Nurse Pepper's sweet trill could be heard, "One... two... four... Oh! Fiddlesticks! I've lost count!" Giggles emanated from the other side of the pill dispensary.

Regardless, we have no other course of action. Any involvement of the authorities in this matter will mean the end of my hospital, and I won't allow that.

We will continue.

Bluziegel sauntered to the Monkey Room, to acknowledge the four patients left with an empty bed to haunt their nights.

5328346301_ab59ef1d74_z.jpg

As you saw yesterday evening, you will not have your bunk mate Cameron back again. I am very sorry for the sense of loss you might experience. It was entirely regrettable.

Salvatore sucked on his teeth and rolled his eyes, while Canny twitched his maracas in his hands. The sound of dried beans scraping on wood filled the silence.

"Can I have his pillow?" asked Perry. "It's so much better than mine. I suffer terrible headaches. It's entirely unfair." Sparky Trucks stared off into middle-distance and began emitting a high-pitch nasal tone that slowly rose in frequency.

The fair doctor stared at the four, and discordant thoughts tumbled over in his head. Without a word, he leaves them to start a new day.

Day two has begun. All remaining players have 48 hours in which to vote on a lynch.

The Rules

1. There are two opposing sides in this game, the Insane and the Sinister Insane. The Sinister Insane win when they outnumber the Insane and can kill Dr Blutziegel. The Insane win when they’ve killed or lynched all of the Sinister Insane.

2. Each day, the players will vote out one amongst them by lynching the member with the most votes. One vote can cause a lynch. To vote or to take back your vote, you must use the following sentence in your post: vote: character or unvote: character, using bold letters. If you want to change your vote, you must first unvote before the second vote is calculated. If you can't or don't want to vote, you may proxy your vote to another player by using the following sentence: proxy: character. Proxy lasts a single game day, and you can unproxy using the sentence unproxy: character. You may not vote for yourself to be lynched. Your own proxy vote against you will not be counted.

3. Days last 48 hours. Voting begins when the day begins. No waiting is necessary. It ends after 48 hours. Voting can change up until that final moment. Days will start and finish around midnight, Japan-time. Calibrate your clock accordingly.

4. Every player will receive a PM letting them know their positions, and possibly their abilities. These are subject to change, and are part of the game mechanics, and should be treated as such. You are expected to role play until the end of the game.

5. The night abilities have a pre-specified order of effect. ie. role-blocker supercedes killer, so if a role-blocker targets a killer as the killer targets the role-blocker, the role-blocker will live. This list is predetermined and will be revealed after the game has finished. When the day ends, you will have a posted amount of hours in which to submit night moves. The night should last either 24 or 48 hours, depending on my schedule.

6. The Day-topics are meant for active players only, so do not post in them if you are dead. The Discussion-topic is open to everybody to comment on how you like the game, but please do not post anything that might influence game players actions.

7. Do not edit your posts. If you make a mistake and want to correct it, just repost it with an 'Excuse my nonsense above, I meant to say...'

8. Do not directly quote anything I’ve sent to you via PM. Please use your own words, and never post unpostable information, as listed in the PM. Claiming roles in thread is forbidden. Describing roles is okay. (ie. "I'm the cop!" is verboten. "I went through his stuff last night." is perfectly fine.) Do not directly quote other people's PMs. In this game, there is only 'talking,' so there is nothing to quote.

9. PM players as much as you like, just don't call them Potato Messages. No potatoes allowed to inmates. Please be inventive, using your own phrases, like, "Let's speak in the corner."

10. I will be using two voices in the game, the game runner and Dr. Blutziegel. The game runner's rules will always hold true, and be written in plain text. Questions about game rules should be addressed with me via PM or the discussion thread. Hospital rules may be asked in thread to Dr. Blutziegel. Blutziegel will speak in green. Dr. Blutziegel has a low tolerance for inane patient questions.

11. In game, you can't kill/convert/etc. Dr. Blutziegel, so don't waste a night action on it.

12. Breaking a rule or directive will, at least, get you a smack on the head from Dr. B (aka, a penalty vote). At worst, it will involve you being booted from the game.

13. About meta-gaming. As a serial meta-gamer (despite thinking it poor game play), I've designed this game to be anti-meta. Using the number picker at random.org, avatars were assigned rooms, then players were (for the most part) randomly assigned avatars, and after those were settled, roles and powers were randomly assigned. There is no connection between hospital roles and game roles. So have fun in the game, but don't think nurses are being led by the doctors, or there is any meaning between room groupings. If you do, you will shoot yourself in the foot and hurt your team.

The Players

drb.jpgDr Blutziegel (def, NPC)

st-dr1.jpgDr Ballbricker (Ricecracker)

st-dr2.jpgDr Rajim (Admiral Ron)

st-nur1.jpgNurse Pendleton (Zepher)

st-nur2.jpgNurse Pepper (Bob the Construction Man)

st-nur3.jpgNurse Penny (Yumiyoshi)

m-robot.jpgSparky Trucks (TinyPiesRUs)

m-munch.jpgPerry Noid (ADHO15)

c-sailor.jpgSalvatore Ricardo Samuels (Dragonator)

m-senor.jpgSeñor Canny Bolero (Iamded)

b-holden.jpgRyan Catchers (Rick)

b-caveman.jpgTed Nathan Tompkins (Whitefang)

b-lilsanta.jpgSandy Craws (Sandy)

b-cat.jpgCat Manuel (The Penguin)

b-king.jpgThe King of Delaware (KingoftheZempk)

r-mrn.jpg'Mr. Nowhere' (Scouts)

r-wolfboy.jpg'Lupo' (Rufus)

r-chief.jpgChief Washing Bear (JimButcher)

r-jesus.jpgDougie "Jesus" Douglas (Hinckley)

r-pyro.jpgPetey Pirowski (Peanuts)

c-spacetwin.jpg'Timtam Timmers', Spacetwin #1 (Lord Arjay)

m-spacetwin.jpg'Tamtam Timmers', Spacetwin #2 (Quarryman)

c-prof.jpgProfessor Diem (Walter Kovacs)

c-shadows.jpgKevin 'Shadows' Mitchell (Shadows)

c-mrs.jpgMisty 'Mrs' Monroe (badboytje88)

s-martian.jpgMartin Century (Stash2Sixx)

s-spaceman.jpgStanley Spussemmin (Cornelius Murdock)

s-gi.jpgDudley Eisenhower (MrLegoNinja)

s-chef.jpgCookie Custer (Roncanator)

s-pkd.jpgHavel Pavlov (Sok117)

The Departed

Day/Night One

5328699484_b0d3a8d57e_t.jpg Cameron 'Big Cam' Oaktree (Insane)

Reserves

1. Cralegoboy

2. Professor Flitwick

3. Eskallon

4. Callmepie

5. DannyLongLegs

6. Legonator

7. Emperor Claudius Rome

8. Captain John Paul

Poor, poor Cameron. He certainly did not deserve his fate. He will be missed.

On a brighter note, the Sinisters did not kill anyone last night. That leads me to think that one of three things happened.

1. The Sinister faction decided not to try and kill anyone last night. I don't think this is very plausible. You'd have to be insane to believe it. Oh, sorry. :blush:

2. The Sinisters chose a target who was Protected during the night. This is much more plausible. It doesn't make it any easier to find the scum, though.

3. The Insanes have a Role-Blocker, and that person got very, very lucky last night. Again, plausible. And if true, the Role Blocker would know who the Sinister killer is. But, since the protection theory is also valid, it unfortunately cannot be validated. Is there an echo in here?

I have to say, I'm highly suspicious of the sudden wave of votes to Medium Cam yesterday. When the situation was tied between him and Cookie Custer, I decided to vote for Cookie, but immediately afterwards people started to vote for Big Cam. So it's apparent that the votes weren't just about convicting someone, they were specifically targetted at Big Cam because otherwise it would've been more logical to vote out Cookie, who at the time had two votes against Big Cam's one.

But on the other hand, you guys aren't known for your logical prowess. It just makes me wonder if yesterday's voting tells something about the allegiances of Cookie and the people who voted for Big Cam, seeing as he was innocent...

I have to say, I'm highly suspicious of the sudden wave of votes to Medium Cam yesterday. When the situation was tied between him and Cookie Custer, I decided to vote for Cookie, but immediately afterwards people started to vote for Big Cam. So it's apparent that the votes weren't just about convicting someone, they were specifically targetted at Big Cam because otherwise it would've been more logical to vote out Cookie, who at the time had two votes against Big Cam's one.

But on the other hand, you guys aren't known for your logical prowess. It just makes me wonder if yesterday's voting tells something about the allegiances of Cookie and the people who voted for Big Cam, seeing as he was innocent...

So, do you want to say it's likely that the sinisters tried to protect Cookie from a conviction, or are you just wondering?

Because I myself did vote for Cam instead of anyone else, because of two reasons:

1)It was almost sure a conviction would be done. Certain people were forcing a conviction, as they didn't unvote. That's why I voted. I would have prefered no conviction.

2)Why Cam? Because, if we would have convicted someone else, who would have been scum, we were as clueless as before. If Cam would have been scum, we would have lots of further suspects. That's why. Anyone had the same chance to be scum, but I wanted us to get as many advantages as possible. I hope you understand me, I didn't act illogical at all.

1. The Sinister faction decided not to try and kill anyone last night.

Yeah, that's not really an option, unless as Dr. Blutziegel consideres in his letter "Or perhaps they are plotting something else", they were up to other sinister acts last night, such as recruiting people to their side.

It just makes me wonder if yesterday's voting tells something about the allegiances of Cookie and the people who voted for Big Cam, seeing as he was innocent...

The small rush of votes for Biggy and the lack of any additional votes indeed already made me fear Biggy would turn out to be innocent. Whether we can go as far as to conclude that those votes were cast will sinister intentions... to either make sure Biggy would or Cookie wouldn't get convicted...? But in the end it may be all we have to go on today, unless someone caught a glimpse of patients and/or staff wandering around at night...

The small rush of votes for Biggy and the lack of any additional votes indeed already made me fear Biggy would turn out to be innocent. Whether we can go as far as to conclude that those votes were cast will sinister intentions... to either make sure Biggy would or Cookie wouldn't get convicted...? But in the end it may be all we have to go on today, unless someone caught a glimpse of patients and/or staff wandering around at night...

I have to admit I came to the same conclusion, that Biggie was innocent because of the ease of conviction. However, I'm not sure that all or even some of the votes were by the Sinisters. It could be that they saw votes going against Biggie and decided to lay low on this vote. There were only four of them, after all.

Cookie only had two votes cast agains thim yesterday, and one of those was Biggie himself. The other was Sandy. I'll have to go back and see what their reasoning was, and what reasons everyone except Firebug Pete had for voting for Big Cam.

Yeah, that's not really an option, unless as Dr. Blutziegel consideres in his letter "Or perhaps they are plotting something else", they were up to other sinister acts last night, such as recruiting people to their side.

I wasn't aware that recruiting precluded other actions by the Sinisters. If that is true, then that could be another reason.

I wasn't aware that recruiting precluded other actions by the Sinisters. If that is true, then that could be another reason.

Me neither. Dr. Blutziegel could be hinting at it in the words I quoted from his letter. But perhaps I'm over-analyzing it. I consider your option 2 most likely. But we won't have a protector coming forward publicly and perhaps the protector doesn't even know whether the protection was effective, i.e. whether the person he/she protected was indeed targeted by the sinister.

Lupo mourns the loss of poorrr Biggy Cameron. I fearrr he may have died in vain. I wonder: did those who thought the lynching of Cam would be most enlightening, learrn anything? Lupo did not. Grrrr.

My heart goes out to the Monkey Room for their terrible loss.

Rreally? My lupine memory recalls that you and a member of Monkey voted for him.

Praise Shiva that there were no other deaths last night, though it is a shame about Big Cam being normally insane.

But there is some good news. I went to use the bathroom this morning after my daily meditation, and I saw a note with my name on it in the bathroom stall. It read:

*Quote of a PM removed as it is in violation of rule 8*

5326841125_00fce50c9e.jpg

Here one can see the King of Delaware sleeping. But, you can also see the person on the right-hand side, and that is not a staff member. That is, in fact, our self-proclaimed Messiah, Dougie 'Jesus' Douglas. Notice his signature red-orange hair and tan robes. I know who I am voting for when the time comes. Though I nor the person who took this picture has any idea what he is doing to the King, perhaps drugging him to be recruited, drugging him to die of poisoning this next night? I have no idea.

Edited by Dragonator
Removed content in violaton of rule 8

I voted for Cam mainly because I believed Petey's reasoning to be sound and said as much when I voted. I was also afraid that if I did not vote that the Doctor would do something to me. At the time I voted, it seemed certain that Cam would be convicted anyway.

I also hope that the sinisters were prevented from enacting their agenda last night rather than doing something even more, well, sinister. It would be the best news that we have had since this whole thing started. If someone is responsible for disrupting their plans, they should stay quiet though and just keep up the good work. We don't want them to be targeted.

Me neither. Dr. Blutziegel could be hinting at it in the words I quoted from his letter. But perhaps I'm over-analyzing it. I consider your option 2 most likely. But we won't have a protector coming forward publicly and perhaps the protector doesn't even know whether the protection was effective, i.e. whether the person he/she protected was indeed targeted by the sinister.

Ah, see I just took the good Docotr's words at face value, not trying to read between the lines.

I hate to say it, but we probably won't know the reason until tomorrow morning. If it was a protector, then the chances of protecting the right target twice in a row are pretty far etched. However, if it was a role-blocker, then blocking the same suspect again tonight seems like the logical thing to do. If the Sinsiters decided not to kill, or were busy with other plans (macrame, perhaps?), then that should become obvious, too.

Did anyone see any new macrame projects lying around this morning? :hmpf_bad:

Oaktree, I am sad to see you leave this planet. However, you are happier, I'm sure, back on your home world. Now to deal with today...

We the patients clearly outnumber the staff at this hospital. They are the ones who are keeping us here. They are the ones that did nothing to save Oaktree yesterday. They have access to cameras and all of that, yet an innocent creature perished last night. I believe we should start removing the staff members in vote. Clearly, they are not with us, which can only mean they are against us!

Once voting begins, I will select a staff member I feel we should vote for based on information I have found. Hopefully, all of you will go along and vote with us. Any opposition and we can be pretty sure that you are working against the rest of us. I'm sure there will be secret activities carried out at some point in the future so let us at least take some control of the next few days.

Once voting begins, I will select a staff member I feel we should vote for based on information I have found. Hopefully, all of you will go along and vote with us. Any opposition and we can be pretty sure that you are working against the rest of us. I'm sure there will be secret activities carried out at some point in the future so let us at least take some control of the next few days.

Are you just ignoring the message I have recieved? There are 4-5 staff, and you want to just guess and start picking them off? And are you saying that if people dont listen to you, you will kill them? I was given proof that a patient is Sinister and you want to go off on another tangent? To me, it looks like Jesus has an ally here. And what do you mean when you say "go along and vote with us"? Who is us? The Sinisters? I am not going to say that there is an impossibility of Sinister being on the staff, I am sure at least one of them is. But we need to wait to get some evidence before we all get in a fuss and vote off innocents.

Voting begins when the day begins. No waiting is necessary.

I know who I am voting for when the time comes.

Once voting begins, I will select a staff member I feel we should vote for based on information I have found.

Voting has already started silly people. :hmpf:

Anyway, while it's good that we appear to have not lost anyone during the night it's rather sad that we have lost an insane anyway in Big Cam. Luckily, myself and my brother have made it through the night without a scratch and since we are so great, that's something all you humans should be grateful for.

I was given proof that a patient is Sinister

Intresting but I'm not sure I follow. You've simply shown us a photo, which although means that Jesus was up and about at night I don't see how you then make the jump that he is sinister. Were you told that he is without a doubt sinister? Or just shown the photo? While both are suspicious, only the first is certain. I will wait and see Jesus' response to this before I place a vote.

Intresting but I'm not sure I follow. You've simply shown us a photo, which although means that Jesus was up and about at night I don't see how you then make the jump that he is sinister. Were you told that he is without a doubt sinister? Or just shown the photo? While both are suspicious, only the first is certain. I will wait and see Jesus' response to this before I place a vote.

Yes, we see a syringe in his hand, but can we be certain that he was trying to poison/kill the King of Delusions?

I mean, it does look very suspicious, but there could be a different interpretation here.

Perhaps we can rule out any foul play by checking the King of Delaware to see if he has been hurt or poisoned in any way. There are enough staff around to perform an exam, is there not?

Though I nor the person who took this picture has any idea what he is doing to the King, perhaps drugging him to be recruited, drugging him to die of poisoning this next night? I have no idea.

Maybe he's just stolen it from the King or found it while looking through his stuff, so if we assume the syringe means something evil, the King might be the sinister as well.

Also we can't say for sure itÄ's something bad, maybe it's a truth serum or such, used to investigate him. Although I agree he maybe just tried to poison or recruit him somehow.

Perhaps we can rule out any foul play by checking the King of Delaware to see if he has been hurt or poisoned in any way.

That's your defense? *huh* You don't know if you hurt him or not? :tongue:

Oh, and to add to that I agree with the nutty Professor and one of the Space Twins that the fact that Jesus was apparently there doesn't prove he means harm, but it looks like Jesus himself isn't even denying that...

That's your defense? *huh* You don't know if you hurt him or not? :tongue:

Oh, and to add to that I agree with the nutty Professor and one of the Space Twins that the fact that Jesus was apparently there doesn't prove he means harm, but it looks like Jesus himself isn't even denying that...

Who said that was me? I sleep in the nude, removing my wig and clothes. I'm told the wig is a danger for those who may be suicidal and the staff is sick of smelling my Pajamas. This is what the staff has told me.

Sorry, they're sick of smelling my clothes, since I wear them every day. I mistakingly said "Pajamas." I do not own pajamas, as I previously stated, I sleep in the nude. :hmpf:

Stupid rule about not editing...

I guess that's a no on the pillow? Never mind. I'll get used to the headaches, in fact, I'm starting to enjoy them.

What a shame that Cam was convicted with so little to go on. I hope those fools realise what damage a wrong vote can do. He was a good friend and roomie and he'll be missed in our Monkey Room.

This 'evidence' from Dr. Raj is very general and could mean almost anything. We're not even certain that was Jesus, never mind what possible action he could be carrying out. One to watch though, I reckon. His target, the King, too.

How 'bout Nurse Peppy stays the night in Cam's bed near me? She accidentally gave me three times my amount of pills (maybe I lied a little) and I feel a bit fuzzy. I need her to take care of me!

Oaktree, I am sad to see you leave this planet. However, you are happier, I'm sure, back on your home world. Now to deal with today...

We the patients clearly outnumber the staff at this hospital. They are the ones who are keeping us here. They are the ones that did nothing to save Oaktree yesterday. They have access to cameras and all of that, yet an innocent creature perished last night. I believe we should start removing the staff members in vote. Clearly, they are not with us, which can only mean they are against us!

Are you insan-, oh wait, you are insane.

That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard, you're going to honestly vote off a staff member just because we didn't help Big Cam? The guy that the patients convicted themselves? He also picked up and attacked a doctor, if you couldn't remember. I understand that he had the mentality of a toddler, but what he did was still inexcusable. Also keep in mind that our boss shot Big Cam. Not us.

First of all, this is 1951, there are no video cameras to catch the acts of a killer. You're right, there's only five of us, which means we can't all keep track of you.

Second of all, we're the ones giving care to you. We clean up after you, give you medicine, cook for you. You assume that we're against you? We're the ones who care for you.

Finally, you're going to assume that just because people don't want to take part in your crackpot theory that they're against you? What kind of rationale is that? You're not voting for the person I randomly am voting for, so you're automatically against me.

Sounds to me like you're just trying to take control of the hospital for yourself.

Who said that was me? I sleep in the nude, removing my wig and clothes. I'm told the wig is a danger for those who may be suicidal and the staff is sick of smelling my Pajamas. This is what the staff has told me.

Sorry, they're sick of smelling my clothes, since I wear them every day. I mistakingly said "Pajamas." I do not own pajamas, as I previously stated, I sleep in the nude. :hmpf:

Stupid rule about not editing...

So you're saying that anyone could have taken your wig and clothes. And what is actually happening in that photo is still not quite clear.

I'd like to hear from the King to see if he has anything to say in this matter. Since he's still alive and kicking (I assume), he may be able to shed more light.

For now, I'm not sure what to believe.

Humn Dr Rajim appears to be quite certain of his case. I wonder what the king has to say. Maybe we do need to vote Jesus of. If the king is ok and Jesus has a good explanation I might vote for Cookie since BC voted for him yesterday. Maybe he was on to something.

hmmm, theres a lot to go off of today, first our exchange doctor giving us information of a picture, with Dougie over there carrying a syringe towards the good king of delusionsville. I don't think it is likely that someone would have enough time during the night to go to your room, or wake up in your room, take your "clothes" put them on, then go to the King's room and slip him something or whatever then have enough time to go back and be sound asleep before anybody could wake up. That sounds like two different actions to me and I don't think anyone here has the ability, or the attention span (kidding), to do something like that. Something just isn't adding up, but it still is just the doctors word against "Jesus", maybe we should wait for the king to say something. But it may be that dougie turns out to be the anti-christ :sceptic: