Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

2011 Bricks Adventure

Hey everyone,

If you happen to be in Hong Kong from 12th to 21st January, then you should definitely make a trip down to Kowloon Tong to visit the amazing upcoming exhibition showcase done by Hong Kong AFOLs including some Eurobricks familiar Hong Kong members, such as andybear@hk, Jared, Alywin, ArzLan, etc. :sweet:

Admission is free of charge. So, if you happen to be in that area, do head down there to show your support.

5286337149_d43cd490ab_b.jpg

Below is the official write-up from ArzLan, who is one of the coordinators for this exhibition, extracted from Minifigs.net discussion.

Bricks Adventure 2011 is coming to Town

LEGO have been bringing people in the city up with fun and creativity in constructing their own characters, houses, castles, and even city. Bricks Adventure is a city-wide bricks showcase of the year, presented by the War & Adventure Games Society of City University of Hong Kong (CityU), jointly organized by Legend Bricks. Bricks Adventure now comes to its second annual exhibition and will bring you to a miniature of virtual and reality world, showing the varieties of bricks and great imagination of creators.

The main theme of this year Bricks Adventure is “CITY”, different Japanese-style architecture will all come into view. Beside, theme such as “PIRATE” is the first show in the Hong Kong. All minifigures of pirates are in proportion.

Date: 12th – 21st January 2011

Time: 10:30am – 8:30pm (Opening: 12th January 2011, Time: 11am to 5:30pm)

Venue: Multi-Purpose-Room A&B,

4/F, Amenities Building,

City University of Hong Kong,

Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong

We think, we build and we share. Bricks Adventure is sharing thoughts and ideas while exchanging more of them through tours and other interactions. Educational and group tours guided by creators of Bricks Adventure 2011 will give you a glance of LEGO creation. Reservation needs to be made on a first-come-first-serve basis. Groups from kindergartens, primary and secondary schools, institutions, organizations are all welcomed to register for guided tours.

Bricks Adventure 2011 and guided tours are free to all. We look forward to seeing you in Bricks Adventure 2011.

For more details, please visit Bricks Adventure 2011

official website, Flickr Page or Facebook

Sadly I can't come, but I do expect full photo coverage from those going there?

Sadly I can't come, but I do expect full photo coverage from those going there?

I really hope our Hong Kong EB members will be able to share some of their event footage with us. It will be an awesome sight. :sweet:

The event has begun and I have attached some images and a video to provide some insight to this event,

230052cm9xu7x3az333isa.jpg

230009albxhkr2fqq2az2q.jpg

230108j39z34393li917ci.jpg

165314_181845651846432_100000629944257_485154_3952396_n.jpg

Many thanks to Mr. White Fang, who has kindly reported our Brick Adventure 2011 event on class-town.net which allows all the Euro Brick Members and bloggers to recognize and explore more about Hong Kong Bricks Creation.

I am very lucky to be the new Ambassador of Hong Kong, as well as the City Landscape Planning and Building Coordinator. I truly represent the entire city creators: William Wong, Tf2, Hudson, Jaredchan, Haggar, Aventar, Alanboar, Schflo, RenewJack etc, to say thank you for all your appreciation and support. Always feel free to leave us opinions, as all the comments are valuable to us and we believe our creations still have room to improve in the future.

This is my first time to create a completed area of Japanese-Style buildings and I am very grateful to bring feeling of freshness to everyone.

Here is some of my work, which has been introduced before:

Zenko-ji temple, Nagano

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50217

Besides, as to express my heartfelt thanks to everyone, more about my Japanese-Style creations in Brick Adventure 2011 will be introduced later on, which will include: Traditional Japanese old Street in Kyoto Style and Japanese Hot Spring Resort

複製 -P1150215

複製 -P1150198

複製 -P1150215

複製 -P1150216

複製 -P1150248

Really thanks for yours =)

Edited by andybear@hk

Many thanks to Mr. White Fang, who has kindly reported our Brick Adventure 2011 event on class-town.net which allows all the Euro Brick Members and bloggers to recognize and explore more about Hong Kong Bricks Creation.

It is truly fun to showcase some of the remarkable builders in this part of the world. :sweet:

I am very lucky to be the new Ambassador of Hong Kong, as well as the City Landscape Planning and Building Coordinator. I truly represent the entire city creators: William Wong, Tf2, Hudson, Jaredchan, Haggar, Aventar, Alanboar, Schflo, RenewJack etc, to say thank you for all your appreciation and support. Always feel free to leave us opinions, as all the comments are valuable to us and we believe our creations still have room to improve in the future.

Welcome to Eurobricks once more, Mr LEGO Ambassador. :thumbup: