Cloud0

How do you display your Lego sets?

Hi,

How do you guys display your Lego sets? Theme specific? A huge moc monsterous set on a table? Or everything inside a neat display case?

Personally I used the Ikea Billy book case with glass doors to display my sets. Cheap and efficient way I must say! But it lacks depth. No other choice as customising a display cabinet is wayyyy out of budget.

We have ours set up in our china closet right now, but our collection is tiny at the moment. Eventually, when we have a house with space to allow it, we'd like to set up a town and trains that we can leave set up all the time on a table... or multiple tables... in it's very own LEGO room... Oh yeah! :grin:

I have a very long shelf on one of my bedroom walls, and I rotate out my sets. I usually display them for a month or so, at which point I've picked up another set. So I break down one of my previous sets and add it to my boxes of bricks to MOC from. Only my Modular buildings and Star Wars UCS sets I keep separated from the rest. I really don't care about the boxes, I usually toss them after I build the sets, so its 2 gallon zip lock bags for those particular large sets.

I also bring one newly built set to display at my office, I spend more time there than at home it seems, and my boss said she wants to have a Lego town display once we move into the new space.

Edited by gotoAndLego

I take them apart within a week for the pieces so I don't end up displaying them :tongue:

deep floating shelves and Ikea 'Ivar' shelf units. Usually only leave things on display until there's a patina of dust or a spider has left threads all over it. that's usually the indicator it's time to clean the parts and take it apart. Recently lost all my Ikea shelves to books of all things. finally sorted out a library downstairs so need to rethink how I'll display. Maybe more floating shelves. twelve inches deep is enough for 32x32 plates. and most of my creations fit one of those. really got no idea what I'll do if I want something bigger.

On shelves :thumbup:

But i would love to have them inside a glass for the dust :hmpf_bad:

All of my lego sets are stored in my loft which is massive and they are all over the floor and I really need to tidy them up soon because dust is starting to gather on them default_look.gif

Edited by The Red Brick

I used to have shelves/bookcases in my room for lego sets and would rotate sets, now I have taken over the computer room.

I pulled out the corner of my "L" desk (so its split into two smaller desks) and put half in my room for the computer and the other half is being used as a building table while I finish building the last few sets i have left then it will be used for display. So now the computer room has 4 shelves/bookcases, 2 4ft by 2.5ft tables, and the half of the computer "L" desk, and no computer. That room is full of all space lego sets and some technic, creator and such too. My room has one shelf/bookcase that will hold my aquazone/atlantis sets, if I buy more lego I'm not sure where i'll put it. So far no new 2011 sets are "must haves" for me yet and only a few (like atlantis drill sub and new theme Alien Conquest) have me interested slightly. So I'm okay for now.

I take them apart within a week for the pieces so I don't end up displaying them :tongue:

Same here. Closest thing I have is a plastic pin affectionately dubbed 'The Graveyard', where I dump sets that are half-scrapped for parts. :devil:

Some of my sets are in my bookself where the small sets can go, i also put my S1 and S2 minifigs there (And some of my little MOC`s and my Redcoat Army). But bigger sets lite Brickbeards Bounty, Kings Castle and Tower Rescue are not over there :classic: Kings Castle in on the chair wich we dont use, Tower rescue is on my Computer desk on the right. And the BB is on my CD... self or pole whatever you call it, so i have to take them apart and build them again just because at they dont get too dusty :wink:

And the instructions books are under my night table, i save them because you never know when you will need them :sweet:

The problem is, i need bigger room for my Legos :laugh: My Lego sets cant go anywhere actually anymore so i just keep them on their boxes unopened :hmpf_bad:

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

I have an awesome fireplace mantle where I put sets. For Christmas, I had my winter village bakery and toy shop sets on there alone as a nice decoration. Shortly after, I built all (well most of) the 2010 Kingdoms sets and now they're on one side. Also there are two nice staggered stand-alone shelves screwed into the wall for a few more sets.

Collectible minifigs are on a bookshelf in the study/office. But I'll probably stow them in little plastic bags some time soon to avoid getting knocked around and lost.

I have to think about breaking down and storing some of the sets soon. Which means I have to sort everything into little plastic drawers/bins or something... :/ My house is on the smallish size with about 1200 square feet (111 square meters), shallow closets, so storage and space can be a bit of an issue.

Edited by Zeya

How do you display big mega sets like the Taj Mahal and 10179 Millenium Falcon? Those are still in boxes because I can never seem to find space to display these monsters! I'm consider buying cheap ikea lack tables just to have a place to place them. Maybe customise an acrylic dom to protect from dust?

I have 6 or 7 packs of these that I've gotten over the years, spread along the walls in two bedrooms. I put white poster boards over them to cover up the holes. It's not a perfect solution, but I haven't seen anything else that gives you this much space for the price.

I have a spare kitchen table where I display my 4-5 foot ships. Although, it's more of an "I don't have anywhere else to put this thing" storage option than it is display.

Ok so here is my collection. These are photo's of my lego / toy room. I had to build the layout around and under the desk in order to do a decent loop. I'm still sorting out all of my bricks from when I was a kid. Currently just trying to do by colour and then i'll get in a break them down a little more.

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

lego3.jpg

lego4.jpg

lego5.jpg

Its just temporary. My goal is to put everything into a show layout in the next year or so.

At the moment - any place they can fit (or take space from my Transformers, Star Wars and Marvel Universe collections)

Just purchased some 1:43 scale display case, that I will put a 8x16 base brick into and display my Minifigures in there.

Had to give up quickly on getting LARGE sets - largest I have is the Creator car trasporter and its living in the hallway.

This is how we display our Lego in the Ikea Billy.

5342074388_8860f5c1e1_z.jpg

5341463355_f625cdd50e_z.jpg

Our Modular Buildings and Starwars.

5341463501_882629fb67_z.jpg

When the sets are "off season", they are stored in the Ikea Smala boxes.

5341463621_77e753fb56_z.jpg

I have my modular building on my dresser in my bedroom and the rest of my LEGO City is stored assembled in a closet.