Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

MOC: Train Crossing Signal

traintech1.jpg

Just a quick post here in the train section of EB, being a long time though.....anyway my country town will have a train line running right passed it so I created this.........

railway_cross_signals_99.jpg

As usual comments are welcome (I'll be posting this picture as well in my town centre topic too).......oh, yeah.....I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Very nice! Now some red LED's in the signal... ;)

Thank you 'JopieK' :sweet: , only one problem with putting LED's in this creation I would have to drill out holes in the frypans I'm using as light mounts.

But I'll think about it. :wink:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

I must admit, This is a fine looking Crossing signal default_tong.gif .

Great work on the stickers, Let's hope people stop at the red lights though default_laugh2.gif .

keep up the great work Lightningtiger.

Thanks 'The Red Brick' for your comments :sweet: , well I might consider making miniture lights for both crossing and standard street lighting......dam, I must use my 30 years of electronic knowledge. :wink:

Keep your eyes out I be starting the silo real soon too ! :grin:

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Really nice sign.

What I would change:

The St. Andrew's sign sticker and definitely add LEDs. The bottom of the signal is too large. Change the antenna from LBG to Black and put it on jumper plate and it will be much better!

Thanks 'AFOL12v' and 'Fistach' for your comments. :classic:

Now the sign at the top is the new crossing sign which is now being used in South Australia and Queensland. I used a LBG part so it didn't look all-black, but tomorrow I use a black shaft/antenna instead......so keep on watching ! :wink:

There also exist solutions with very small LED's, you might not even need to drill anything I think depending on how you managed to attach the frying pans to the dishes.

Update: Ah, now I see how you did it. Well, but still... you might be able to use a very small cable and not press it too hard.

There also exist solutions with very small LED's, you might not even need to drill anything I think depending on how you managed to attach the frying pans to the dishes.

Update: Ah, now I see how you did it. Well, but still... you might be able to use a very small cable and not press it too hard.

Yes, very small LED's exist and the wire that is very thin called litz wire used in record player tonearm wiring (as long as I can find black) and a little touch on glue to the back of warning light post to hold the wires. But drilling will be needed, though I don't need that many frypans do I ! :wink:

Thanks for your feedback again 'JopieK' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Yes, very small LED's exist and the wire that is very thin called litz wire used in record player tonearm wiring (as long as I can find black) and a little touch on glue to the back of warning light post to hold the wires. But drilling will be needed, though I don't need that many frypans do I ! :wink:

Thanks for your feedback again 'JopieK' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

We do not need frypans! We do not need frypans! Frypans for women ! yeah :) :) just kidding:) Sacrificing few frypans for such an awesome lightning effect? Go for it!, says I.

Update time......

railway_cross_signals_98.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcome plus as always I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

It's better in black - but I still think the bottom has too big diameter. I would use antennas instead this space thingies.

It's better in black - but I still think the bottom has too big diameter. I would use antennas instead this space thingies.

Thanks for the comments and suggestion too 'Fistach', I too worry a little bit about the base, but the only advantage to this kind of mount - harder to knock over where an antenna also being too short would cause stablity and strength problems.....but thanks again anyway.

r211916_814883.jpg

Above we have an at least 30 to 40 year old set of lights, note the base mount - that was the look of mount I was trying to aim for.

Oh, and to answer a question why didn't I make one of these sets of lights.....at the top the crossing sign at the top....in Lego.....try and make it ! :wink:

I will still look into different yet realistic base mounts.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Just a quick post here in the train section of EB, being a long time though.....anyway my country town will have a train line running right passed it so I created this.........

railway_cross_signals_99.jpg

As usual comments are welcome (I'll be posting this picture as well in my town centre topic too).......oh, yeah.....I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

sensational. great to see an aussie touch shining through. we used to have heaps of these here, until recent rain washed them all away! queensland is a giant lake right now...

Thank you both 'armchair_superhero' and 'Brickstarrunner' for your kind words, I guess next I need to start on the grain silos plus the lights for the track itself.....so I'm going to be busy. :wink:

And 'armchair_superhero' hope you are not in a flood effected area, like my sister-in-law and her husband are....flooded in on their farm 80km's west of St. George.

Brick On Everyone ! :sweet:

Quick question, should I change the black parts to white or light bluey grey - like the real ones in my state ?

Keep on watching ! :grin:

I like this a lot lightningtiger!

Maybe I will try my hand at a Canadian crossing signal to compare! :laugh:

Great job!

Edited by legomaniac83

Quick question, should I change the black parts to white or light bluey grey - like the real ones in my state ?

Keep on watching ! :grin:

Youcan change black pole into LBG pole but more improtant is to remove the bottom :) I would use round brick 1 x 1 instead of the part you had used. :) sorry for another comment on it but the one you have is way too big.

Keep improving.

I'm waiting for LEDs :)

Cool design with crossing mate.

I actually have my own crossing design from LDD below..

also the 'over head traction system' to based on Aussie designs but that's later.

cheers

post-8550-129457542452.png

Thanks for the comments and suggestions 'legomaniac83', 'Fistach' and 'BorgShadow'(nice LDD work too).

Now I can;t wait to see these Canadian crossing lights 'legomaniac83'.

LBG post is the way to go with a black 1x1 round brick - fingers crossed in the strength and stability department. I'll leave the frypan/radar dish combo's black though, as too the colours for the signs.

Hopefully, I can update tomorrow - so keep on watching ! :sweet:

Nice job! You're really good at building these little accessories LT.

Back when I purchased my

, I was looking for ideas to add some trackside structures and accessories. I just couldn't find many at the time. I esp. wanted a railroad crossing of some kind. This would have worked well.

Thanks for sharing!

Hey Lightningtiger I took a liberty and posted the crossing signal of my own on my flickr account.

I think that yours is too massive and therefore I made mine that looks a bit more lightweight.

Check this here:

5354558668_e7dd335f92_t.jpg

Click to enlarge.

Sorry I didn't have these radar dishes in black

Thanks to those who have commented since I last posted......you don't just have to stop cars and that......but stop trains too ! :grin:

stop-go_train_signal_99.jpg

It's an Aussie version of the train lights in the 2010/11 sets.

Comments welcome ! :sweet: