cavegod

UCS NU-class Republic Attack Shuttle

Have you tried gears on the wings connected to screws in the body?

While that would work there is no room for gears inside the wing hubs and no way to attach them to the wings without a major redesign.

I wish i new the correct size for it as it is nearly as big as the Sentinel!

ah...

it would appear that Revell have it as:

Republic Attack Shuttleâ„¢

Original details:

Nu-class shuttle

Cygnus Spaceworks

Speed: __G

Length: 24,34 m

so it is bigger than the Lambda but not as big as the Sentinel by 14m, maybe my sentinel is too small??

Edited by cavegod

I wish i new the correct size for it as it is nearly as big as the Sentinel!

ah...

it would appear that Revell have it as:

Republic Attack Shuttleâ„¢

Original details:

Nu-class shuttle

Cygnus Spaceworks

Speed: __G

Length: 24,34 m

so it is bigger than the Lambda but not as big as the Sentinel by 14m, maybe my sentinel is too small??

I think the sentinel is too small, because the lambda shuttle is 20 m, while the sentinel is about 40 m, but your sentinel is about the same size as TLG's lambda shuttle.

I think the sentinel is too small, because the lambda shuttle is 20 m, while the sentinel is about 40 m, but your sentinel is about the same size as TLG's lambda shuttle.

well thats wrong.

the imperial landing craft is 38m long

when i put my ILC next to the Lambda shuttle it is almost twice as long as it.

anyway

ILC 76 studs long 38m 2 studs per M shud be 7 studs longer but would look wrong IMO

NU 55 studs 24.34m 2.2studs per M

LS 45ish studs long 20m 2.2studs per M

Do you have a photo of all 3 of them next to each other? to get a better idea of their scale.

Great work on them btw :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:.

i can do the ILC and NU together the lambda is in storage, i don't have a lot of room to display them, where i take the pictures is the only space i have!

Hello!

I just got aware of this topic, and it almost blew me away! :classic:

That's a massive ship! It's amazing to see your passion that went into this creation by assembling countless small pieces into such a huge representation of the shuttle. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks Christopher,

i'm sure you put more effort into your minis as you have to build small which is far harder than building big.

It's been incredible to follow the progress of this - I'm curious, have you considered adding any Lifelites to any of your shuttles? - that would really add another dimension to them. They look amazing already, but it would just push them to another level.

Ok rats fans (uk joke) heres a few pics of the completed moc minus a few bits i need to tidy up as and when i get the parts.

5429397470_e5b11bd268.jpg

5428804043_2ba7341137.jpg

5429402332_7d2ec490d6.jpg

A show down!

5429391730_8bb1bf87f6.jpg

and one for scale

5428791207_bd14577316.jpg

there a few more pics at my Flikr.

Awesome! I love every part of it. In other words, I'm not pointing out specifics :thumbup::laugh:

Love it - brilliant! - I want to see bigger pics... how do I get on to your Flikr - arrghhhhhh.

Great to finally see this (almost) coming to completion, simply a superb job cavegod! :thumbup: The showdown shot is classic, especially the one with the Coca-Cola advertisement (your sponsor?) :grin:

Nice. The studded wings look much better than I thought they would. Something looks a little off, can't place it. Maybe it's the wing angle. Couldn't figure out a way to lock the wings?

:oh: That's amazing! *oh2* Nice work cavegod! Wow those models are huge. Can't wait for the final shots (and larger pictures and/or close ups) after the final tweaking. This is extremely impressive. Keep up the spectacular work. :thumbup:

Nice. The studded wings look much better than I thought they would. Something looks a little off, can't place it. Maybe it's the wing angle. Couldn't figure out a way to lock the wings?

nope the wings are too heavy to lock :sceptic: yeah summats off, maybe the wings are too big? i know the angle of the sides should be a little steeper but i can't do anything about that.

This is just amazing.

But what I think is off is the top of the cockpit should be a bit lower down, and the whole part a bit longer. Seems a bit stubby to me.

Those are just minor things though.

Does it have landing gear?

nope the wings are too heavy to lock :sceptic: yeah summats off, maybe the wings are too big? i know the angle of the sides should be a little steeper but i can't do anything about that.

I don't know. Don't watch CW a lot so I can't tell.

But what I think is off is the top of the cockpit should be a bit lower down, and the whole part a bit longer. Seems a bit stubby to me.

That was my initial reaction, too, but I looked it up on Wookieepedia and I think that part is correct.

looking at pictures i have found some have the cockpit the way i have it and others have it steeper, there is no cannon source for the correct way at the moment, so i will click the nose down 1 and see what it looks like.