Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

LDD MOC: Jedi Ambassadorial Shuttle

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello!

I present you the Eta-class shuttle, better known as the Jedi Ambassadorial Shuttle. This vessel made its first appearance in "Grievous Intrigue", an episode of The Clone Wars TV series. It was used by Anakin and Adi Gallia to rescue Eeth Koth from Grievous' battleship.

When creating the model I wanted to do it like an actual set, so it isn't in the right scale, but I think it has about the same size as others shuttles already released by TLC. It has 1027 pieces and a lot of my favorite LEGO color: DARK RED!

This is my first post in the forums. Critics and comments are very welcome. Enjoy!

Reference picture:

EtaShuttle-SOTF.jpg

My model:

front_i.png

Back view:

back.png

Cockpit (with Anakin and Rex):

cockpit.png

The cockpit should be rounder and printed with the smile-like pattern.

Landed:

landed_-_front.png

Yes, I used the landing gear from 8096 Palpatine's Shuttle. I think this one looks better than that weird columns that are the gear of the real ship.

Interior:

passengers_area.png

As a shuttle, it SHOULD have room enough for passengers, and here there is place for 8 minifigs.

Compartments:

open.png

Here you can see the ship full open with roof removed. There is 4 rooms: lightsaber storage, blaster storage, medic room for Eeth Koth and a place to guard Rex's helmet and pistols.

Medic Room:

medical_room.png

More pictures in my brickshelf folder (when moderated): Brickshelf folder

That is all for today. Thanks for reading!

Gunner

Wow! This has to be one of the best LDD MOCs I've ever seen. The shaping and coloring is spot-on, and your use of SNOT is perfect. Great job turning a not-so-great CW ship into an accurate and almost elegant LEGO model. :thumbup:

Excellent job! It's very accurate, and extra kudos for making it in LDD. It's a shame most of these parts don't exist in real life though.

Wow, this is an outstanding LDD MOC Gunner! :thumbup: I agree one of the best I've seen. The overall shape and design is very accurate, and the wing functionality and opening interiors are very well done. Too bad, it can't be done with regular-colored Lego parts (or can it? :wink:). BTW, welcome to the forums and hope to see some more LDD stuff from you!

Thanks, guys!

My next LDD project (WIP) is Asajj Ventress' Fanblade Starfighter, which is going to appear in the next episode of the CW show.

KielDaMan, I think this shuttle can be build with real bricks, replacing the DkRed parts with White ones, ending with something like this: (very Lambda style, don't you think? :laugh: )

white.png

Edited by Gunner

While it does look good you need to rework the wing connection. Those bare grey technic beams look bad, but just changing the colors isn't going to make it any better. The shape of the fuselage isn't accurate either, it need to be more trapezoidal.

Making an all-white one really isn't a solution to a brick-built version because the color would be all wrong; however covering the wings with a single layer of plates would not only allow you to be color accurate, but would also allow you to fix the gap between the wings and the fuselage.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Liking this MOC and I think it'll look awesome if it was made out of real Lego.

Also, what software did you use? My version of LDD doesn't have all those bricks.

Very nice work in LDD! I've never seen anything as good. It looks just right for what Lego parts we've got, I can't wait to see Asajj's starfighter!

Thanks for that. I tried to access it but after a quick update it won't seem to open anymore :cry_sad: .

Try the LDD forum. 'LDD 4 Problems' seems to be a pretty common topic.

Great work Gunner! :thumbup:

I really like the first one with the dark red colour scheme, but I agree with gotoAndLego, the wing connections need to be done better.

Apart from that, great job and keep it up! :sweet:

CF