andybear@hk

MOC: Zenko-ji Temple, Nagano, Japan

Say hello and happy new year to all Euro-bricks member,

Last work "Espana Corner" was three months

Today, I will share a new work of me.

Japanese temple buildings-- Zenko-ji Temple.

Zenko-ji Temple built in 8th century, the main buildings was built for 300 years ago.

This is my largest work, totally 192x128

The temple area have six buildings

The main temple, The entrance, Small shop, water hall, clock hall, small hall

Also a square in the middle.

a01.jpg

a04.jpg

The entrance

b01.jpg

b02.jpg

b03.jpg

b04.jpg

sakura fower and tree

b07.jpg

b05.jpg

b06.jpg

the main temple

b08.jpg

The real Zenko-ji Temple in Nagayo, Japan

b09.jpg

The middle of the square

b10.jpg

The small shop

c01.jpg

c05.jpg

Let"s write down some wish on the wood and hang at the board.

c02.jpg

c03.jpg

c04.jpg

Let"S go to The water hall at right hand side

c06.jpg

In Japan, people usually wash their hand and face at Water hall before go into the temple

d01.jpg

d02.jpg

hang some white small paper for lucky

d03.jpg

The clock hall

e05.jpg

e04.jpg

Let"s make some noise " DONG"

e01.jpg

e02.jpg

e03.jpg

Go to another side

f01.jpg

Back of the main temple

f02.jpg

small hall

g01.jpg

g02.jpg

A family have a picnic

g04.jpg

Let"s go to the main temple

h01.jpg

The white flag and the white lantern

h02.jpg

h03.jpg

h04.jpg

the clock at both side

h05.jpg

h06.jpg

h07.jpg

The roof have some gold pattern

i01.jpg

three parts of temple, easy to move.

j01.jpg

SNAP shot

k01.jpg

k02.jpg

k03.jpg

k04.jpg

bye---

k05.jpg

"Zenko-ji temple" is a part of Brick Adventure 2011 (Hong Kong bricks show)

by Legend Bricks

which hold on 12-1-2011 to 21-1-2011.

Anyway,

Many thanks for your watching

and sorry for my poor english language

Cheers

Andy Hung (andybear)

Welcome to my brickshelf and flickr page looking for more photo and other work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andybear0426/

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=andybear

Thanks a lot!!

Edited by WhiteFang
Update title from Nagayo to Nagano

Wow! *huh* This is really impressive. I love how you made those trees.

Happy new year! :grin:

Gorgeous! :wub: It's so impressive I guessed it will be displayed at the HK show before I scrolled to the end.

Really captures the 'japanese' feel... looking at the MOC brings back happy memories of my past holidays in Japan. :cry_happy:

Thanks for sharing!

Yeah man, this is great! And so accurate to the real thing. The roofs are perfect! :thumbup:

Keep on brickin' :classic:

Awesome! :wub:. Great job making this look like an authentic Japanese temple. Those roofs are excellent, and you've really captured the "look and feel". :sweet:

WOW! It's unimaginable, inconceivable! I don't have any words to describe this MOC! It's great!

You wow us again with your amazing MOC Andybear! There are so many great designs here, from the gong to the water hall. The temple is also really good in design and looks good. Great work! :classic:

Absolutely impressive. I love everything about it and it makes me remember my last time in Japan with a lot of good feelings - thanks a lot for that! I noticed that you made some last-minute additions of series 3 minifigs and they figs and pieces fit absolutely perfect! I would like to see more japanese MOCs from you (you seem to be an expert on those, this temple is spot-on!) and if you do, consider the Harry Potter torsos to make some schoolgirls and plain black suits for some salarymen! Those you shouldn't miss! But still, I am stunned - it's beautiful!

Very great job andybear! Your Zenko-ji Temple is so detailed and true to the original, the colors are just right and the texture of the structures really give that vintage feel!

I am sure this will be one of the highlights of the Bricks Adventure show.

Disclaimer: I will be participating in the show as well, but surely I can't do something as great as this :-P

P.S. In case you guys don't know, Andybear is our new LEGO Ambassador in Hong Kong, congraz Andy!

:oh:

It's one of those times that the word "Speechless" has a true meaning.

Well done Andy! Fantastic work! :sweet:

This is beautiful. Sometimes, visiting Japanese temples, I think they'd make great MOCs, but I assume the detailing and shape of the roofs would be too difficult to do, but you've proven me wrong. The details of the temple, like the rinsing station and the fortunes board, not to mention the bell ringer, really capture the feeling. Great job. And I hate to say this, but I think you mixed up Nagoya and Nagano with the names.

Simply an amazing work-of-art! Just plain beautiful throughout. Everything seems perfect from the Japanese architecture and all the small details you've put in there. Congratulations on this yet wonderful creation alan! :thumbup:

Wonderfoul building. Especially the roofs are very clever, and they must have taken a lot of time to make!

These Japanese buildings must be quite a challenge for every MOC'er, but you did a great job :thumbup:

I think the water thing (with the horse heads) is my favourite part. Just looks beautiful with all those golden details.

Really say thanks for all of comments.

So happy that all of yours like this creations :tongue:

This is beautiful. Sometimes, visiting Japanese temples, I think they'd make great MOCs, but I assume the detailing and shape of the roofs would be too difficult to do, but you've proven me wrong. The details of the temple, like the rinsing station and the fortunes board, not to mention the bell ringer, really capture the feeling. Great job. And I hate to say this, but I think you mixed up Nagoya and Nagano with the names.

Oh... what a big mistake. Nagano is correct.

Well, really thans for "def" tell me to make correction :tongue:

Oh... what a big mistake. Nagano is correct.

Well, really thans for "def" tell me to make correction :tongue:

You did such a great job, and that's such a little, little thing. :blush: Looking forward to your next great creation.

How could I actually miss this? :blush:

This is excellent and incredible. I am really going to kick myself for not being able to attend the exhibition myself. Geez, this is so beautiful and detailed to the extreme. I just feel like I am in Japan right now. :sweet:

Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

By the way, I have updated the title to the right description based on def's input.

P.S. In case you guys don't know, Andybear is our new LEGO Ambassador in Hong Kong, congraz Andy!

Thanks Jared, and congratulations Andy. Appreciate if you could drop a note in here and we (Eurobricks Staff) will go ahead with something special for you. :wink:

Very impressive.

You've really done wonders with this MOC. The temple itself is fantastic and the detailing is spot-on. The courtyard is also wonderful with an abundance of trees and other small details. I'm really impressed by the entire layout.

I'd also like to compliment you on your photographs. Most of them are sharp and draw attention to just how detailed this wonderful MOC actually is. Good stuff.

That's simply just amazing! And not to mention all the wonderful details you put into this work! You made this one come to life with all those minifigs minding their business and great variety too. I really like how you made the roofs and the gardens. It all looks very authentic. Great work!

Very impressive MOC of this Japanese Temple, too say the least. :thumbup: The attention to detail is amazing! I couldn't imagine how long it took you just to build the roofs alone. Great work! :classic:

WOW

Some much details, really a party to look at it. And very nice you used the same minifigs like a family to show all of your moc.