starstreak

Review: 7915 Imperial V-wing Starfighter

Not that it's really ugly, but for that they looked like they randomly stuck pieces on the bottom so it could stand up on a table, instead of having real landing gears.

If the round studs you're talking about, I think they were used in making part of the cockpit area. Not at home so I can't look at the instructions. Either that or are u talking about the grey studs that are under the gun barrels?

BTW, starstreak, why do dislike the bottom so much? I built it in LDD, and it doesn't look bad at all.

Also, I picked out all the parts and built it without instructions, but I can't seem to make out where 2 of the dark grey 1x1 round plates go. Any suggestions?

I bought this set today, seeing as it had 30% off. I quite like it, and think it's a decent set. Over here in NZ it's the same price as the Naboo set, and there's not even any point in comparing the sets. But dispite that, I still like it. The figs are nice, and it's a very sleek design and picks up on a few things the last one missed. Probably a bit over-priced, yes, but most sets seem to be these days :grin:

Nice set if you can get it on sale. Or if money has no meaning to you :classic::tongue:

Nice review Starstreak.:classic:

I think i might wait for this to go on sale, its way to overpriced, love the figs tho

And the way the gears are showing is kind of annoying, thats not exacly a dealbreaker, its one of those things that niggle at me like a loose tooth. Overall its not up to scratch with all the other sets released this year, :hmpf_bad: but its a good improvment on the old one.

I like this new version. But the kids have the old one and in Sweden this new one cost 35 Euro so I´ll pass.

This set seems out of place in the current wave, the only original trilogy set if I'm not mistaken. :vader:

Nice review though, thanks for the comparison.

Although not the most exciting new set, it's cheap and has 2 cool new figs. I'm becoming a quick fan of all the different R2 units, so this is a must have set for me.

Thnaks for the great review!

I picked this set up over the weekend, and I have to say that I am not disappointed in the least. The minifigs are fantastic, the wing mechanism works really well (when you remember which way to turn the gear).

Although minor, what really amazes me is that the entire ship balances on a single clear 2 x 2 round brick when in landing position. It's really a well designed ship.

This set seems out of place in the current wave, the only original trilogy set if I'm not mistaken. :vader:

Except that it is a Prequel Trilogy set, not an Original Trilogy. Which means it fits in with the Battle of Naboo set, which is also PT.

The Imperial Pilot and the droïd are nice.

Edited by R5-N2

I just picked up a couple of these today and assembled one, but there was wrong with the sticker sheet. When I pulled it open, all the edges were peeling back off the sheet as if the stickers were shrunken. Upon application, the edges would not give so I cheated a bit and used a thin film of paper glue and held it in place while it dried but no dice, the edges would not stay in place. My main concern is that left like this, the edges would accumulate dust and such and just worsen.

Here are a couple pictures. The problem stems from the opaque stickers, not the clear Imperial insignia ones on the side. Did anyone else notice this problem with their V-Wings? Note that this it's the Australian summer where I am so would heat be an issue? I never left the box in the sun and it was in an air conditioned store.

2agpzk7.jpg

ipmlp3.jpg

I just picked up a couple of these today and assembled one, but there was wrong with the sticker sheet. When I pulled it open, all the edges were peeling back off the sheet as if the stickers were shrunken. Upon application, the edges would not give so I cheated a bit and used a thin film of paper glue and held it in place while it dried but no dice, the edges would not stay in place. My main concern is that left like this, the edges would accumulate dust and such and just worsen.

Here are a couple pictures. The problem stems from the opaque stickers, not the clear Imperial insignia ones on the side. Did anyone else notice this problem with their V-Wings? Note that this it's the Australian summer where I am so would heat be an issue? I never left the box in the sun and it was in an air conditioned store.

Yes, the sticker sheet in my V-Wing had the same problem and here it's the middle of winter. Bad batch of stickers would be my guess.

Is the helmet "face" open, as in the face you see is the face on the mini figure head?

Yes, the helmet is open.

I just got this set today! and it's okay, I don't like the lack of symmetry at the end and It seems kinda half-assed to me but i do like the figs and the price was okay, and the new windshield is really cool, and as an added bonus i got three, count em, three sticker sheets!