NickAb

Atlantis non-diving

Thanks.

I'm not sure about this stitches, I think that a really good printer with high resolution (DPI) will be required.

Edited by NickAb

Great work! I have a quick question. All my decals are made in Photoshop as jpegs. How would I convert them from those pixelated images into what you have? Or do I need to re-design them entirely in Illustrator?

Thank you all

Nice job! :thumbup: But could you make one in yellow? I think that would be great for the new 2011 Atlantis divers. Thanks. :classic:

No problem, I've made few color variations for female suit, and yellow male suit (but yellow may be not the best choice, cause LEGO uses yellow as skin color)

Female Lime 1

Female Lime 2

Female Blue 1

Female Blue 2

Male Yellow 1

Male Yellow 2

Great work! I have a quick question. All my decals are made in Photoshop as jpegs. How would I convert them from those pixelated images into what you have? Or do I need to re-design them entirely in Illustrator?

About pixelated images: It depends on what caused pixelization, curved lines can look pixelated on screen, but after printing it might not be noticeable. To reduce pixelization you’ll probably need to redraw decals. You can do this in Photoshop. Illustrator and Inkscape more suitable for vector designing but they are harder to study. Photoshop has vector tools too and allow you to combine vector and raster techniques. By the way saving as jpeg may cause some artifacts and blurry, jpeg was created for saving colorful photos, png was created for saving “non-photo” grapics.

Don't forget to hold Ctrl, or you can accidentally delete node when you wanted to move it.

The following image shows few steps of creating vector version of logo symbol from reference image:

pentool.jpg

Edited by NickAb

Looking good Nick!

Question though, is the black border around the whole torso part of the design or just the outline you draw within? I would cut that border off when printing

This outline was added to make it easier to cut out decal without cutting off parts of design.

These look amazing, just like the movie. Would it be possible for you to make an orange male torso for Bobby Buoy and a red male torso for Axel Storm, I'm already going to use the yellow one for Dr. Brains. :grin:

I say well done. :thumbup:

For a beginner this is above and beyond. You have nice clean lines and the overall design is outstanding. :sweet:

I would suggest switching over to Inkscape. I find it a better program for desinging Lego decals and other graphics.

These look amazing, just like the movie. Would it be possible for you to make an orange male torso for Bobby Buoy and a red male torso for Axel Storm, I'm already going to use the yellow one for Dr. Brains. :grin:

Red collar would look strange on red background, but anyway here are new colors: Orange 1, Orange 2, Red 1, Red 2.

Also I've put psd files into my public dropbox folder: male, female. You can download them and recolor or even add some extra details.

I say well done. :thumbup:

For a beginner this is above and beyond. You have nice clean lines and the overall design is outstanding. :sweet:

I would suggest switching over to Inkscape. I find it a better program for desinging Lego decals and other graphics.

Thanks. I know about Inkscape and even have it installed. But I need more time to get used with it.

Edited by NickAb