buddy

Best 2010 City set?

Best 2010 City set?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What City set is your favourite from 2010?

• 2824 City Advent Calendar
    • 3177 Small Car
    • 3178 Seaplane
    • 3179 Repair Truck
    • 3180 Tank Truck
    • 3181 Passenger Plane
    • 3182 Airport
    • 3221 LEGO City Truck
    • 3222 Helicopter and Limousine
    • 7206 Fire Helicopter
    • 7207 Fire Boat
    • 7208 Fire Station
    • 7213 Off-Road Fire Truck & Fireboat
    • 7566 Farmer
    • 7567 Traveller
    • 7684 Pig Farm & Tractor
    • 7848 Toys R Us City Truck
    • 7936 Level Crossing
    • 7937 Train Station
    • 7938 Passenger Train
    • 7939 Cargo Train
    • 8403 City House
    • 8404 Public Transport

Hi everybody! :classic:

I decided that it would be interesting to see here on Eurobricks what is considered here to be the best City set of 2010. There have been many great City sets released by Lego and reviewed here on Eurobricks this year. :thumbup:

This poll only includes the actual City sets, not promos or Lego exclusives, because not everyone can get the promos and Lego exclusives don't really count as City sets, so therefore voting wouldn't be fair if these sets were included in the poll.

Everyone get voting for your favourite City set of 2010! :classic:

~buddy~

I'd say 3222 Helicopter and Limo, with 7684 Pig Farm & Tractor coming in second. IMO, these are the most interesting sets of the year. All in all, it's been a somewhat lacklustre year for Lego.

Well well well, This is going to be tough.

there have been so many great sets this year The Trains, Fire,Airport oh and all those civilian sets

Erm.... I think it would have to be The Passenger train.

It was fun to build and fun to use and it has so much play value default_thumbup.gif

I'd say 3222 Helicopter and Limo, with 7684 Pig Farm & Tractor coming in second. IMO, these are the most interesting sets of the year. All in all, it's been a somewhat lacklustre year for Lego.

Thank you for your input prateek! :thumbup:

I agree that 3222 and 7684 are both excellent sets (I own both of them), I especially like the Limo design in 3222 and the Tractor design in 7684. :thumbup:

~buddy~

The small car. Everyone can afford it :tongue: + it looks good in everything, not only city's.

I have to agree with you there, 3177 is a great set, the design of the car makes it look very realistic. But the best part of 3177 is its price, it is a very affordable set (I own 4 of them and still want more!) :tongue:

~buddy~

I had to vote for the City House. There were other sets I liked, but it was better overall. The Fire Station was nice, but the last fire station was nice too so it wasn't a ground breaking release. The TRU Truck was great, but I wish the store was bigger and the truck was smaller. The Transportation set was also good, but my kids' LEGO City has so many vehicles that I would rather have a building. The City House fills that need, giving us a civilian house with furniture (which the Creator houses lack), and compatible with the Pizza Shop from City Corner. So for me that was the winner.

Hi everybody! :classic:

I decided that it would be interesting to see here on Eurobricks what is considered here to be the best City set of 2010. There have been many great City sets released by Lego and reviewed here on Eurobricks this year. :thumbup:

This poll only includes the actual City sets, not promos or Lego exclusives, because not everyone can get the promos and Lego exclusives don't really count as City sets, so therefore voting wouldn't be fair if these sets were included in the poll.

Everyone get voting for your favourite City set of 2010! :classic:

~buddy~

Nice idea....voted for the public transport set.... i like the touringcar só much!!! :sweet:

City house and Public transport tie for me. As far as I know, City has never had a house before. The Public transport has a great tram, and a huge bus. I think I'll go with Public tranport, only because it has lots of pieces and more playability. And anyway, there are several other creator houses, so a house isn't that special anyway. :classic:

For me it has to be the tanker - a simple, small(ish) set which is necessary in any city, big or small. It goes great with my truck station and my petrol station. default_classic.gif

Who would have guessed what's the most popular would be Lego's first tram, I voted for it.

I wonder what we'll say about next years sets......keep on voting ! :wink:

That's very interesting - I voted for the Public Transport without having seen what other people said, and it seems to be the most popular by far. But then it should be - it isn't the "Fans' Choice" for nothing!

I have to agree with most of you and vote for the pubic transport set, and I have not even built it yet, but the Lego truck and the 3222 Helicopter and Limo are fighting it out for second place.

I think it is the combination of vehicles that make public transport a winner for me.

At first, I thought we had this topic before??? Or am I dreaming??? :wacko:

2010 was a great City year and there are a couple of sets which are my favourite due to their original design and concept such as the 3222 Helicopter and Limousine, 7684 Pig Farm & Tractor, all of the train sets and 8403 City House.

But, none of them is highly regarded other than the 8404 Public Transport for their integrated transport hub in LEGO City. Normally, I don't buy multiples City sets but this large set proves me wrong by tempted me to buy 2. :wub:

I bought seven of those listed sets and no buildings. Nothing has stood out as truly fantastic this year. I can't really pick a single set. but if the list doesn't include exclusives then why is TRU exclusive Public Transport on the list?

Public Transport is definately at the top of my wish list

The fuel tanker is a close second :wub:

I find most of the City buildings to be rather underwhelming but the farm sets look quite good. I'm hoping Lego will focus a little more on buildings in the upcoming years

I choose Public Transport. It's the most complete among all the CITY sets released this year, with a new bus design, first lego tram, a decent bus and tram station and a pretty good collection of civilian figs. It was really deserving of its Voter's Choice title.

Thank you everyone for voting for your favourite City set of 2010. :classic:

It looks like that here on Eurobricks 8404 Public transport is considered the best City set of 2010, with a 55% of the vote. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Thank you everyone for voting for your favourite City set of 2010. default_classic.gif

It looks like that here on Eurobricks 8404 Public transport is considered the best City set of 2010, with a 55% of the vote. pirate_thumbup.gif

~buddy~

Well there's no surprise there, it's probally the best lego city set in years default_blink.gif

I can't agree more,

if money was no object public transport station with three or four city houses is just unbeatable, but just one set with a budget will make any of those expensive and unbalanced.

The repair truck is very pedagogic and nice if put in a city,

though maybe the 2010 release explains the price which I couldn't get down more than 10%.

In the end I vote for the 7848 TrU's truck

* Complete set with building and truck for great playability

* Useful parts made me rebuild it to other designs

* at $25 it's almost 50% off list price, so 'special edition' also means that the

special stores can set the price at will come holiday season ...

(I hope this is valid for the 2011 bank set aswell)

I voted for the City House. I was planning to buy a second copy but it is now sold out :sad:

I also like the Seaplane, Pig Farm and Tractor and of course Public Transport.

That's a great and very interesting topic, buddy! :classic:

For me the best 2010 City set is without thinking the

8403 City House :wub: :wub: :wub:

closely followed by the TRU Truck (because of the toy shop included) and the Helicopter And Limousine (because of the limousine).

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter