32 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

index2.jpg& Poll Added -TheBrickster

Greetings! I bring to your attention the review of a set 3648 Police Chase!!!

The general information:

Theme - City

Subtheme - Police

Year of release - 2011

The Quantity of details - isn't present the information

Quantity of minifigs - 3

And on Вrickset.com the inscription weighs: "This set has not been released yet."!!!

The set is marked by an inscription "Special edition", probably it is a limit set!

The box given a set has the square form, but in itself not the small sizes!

5d195d51d590.jpg

3dbbad8dfd2c.jpg

4d9e002e889a.jpg

0b15fd926c30.jpg

dac3c7f19d71.jpg

That you had concept about the sizes of a box, we will compare it to a minifigure:

69fcc62c45c9.jpg

And now we open a box:

f747e7d1c64f.jpg

And so, in a box is: two packages with details (in everyone on a small package), two parts of the instruction and a label

5613c7ed2eb8.jpg

1e973178172b.jpg

I would like to pay your attention to some details:

- A new detail

71e57735e4ee.jpg

- Details with drawings

e2ddb8a9ac4d.jpg

e626712b06db.jpg

Now we will consider minifigs of the given set:

- The policeman, the driver of a motorcycle. Pay attention to the person of a minifig - it new!

4d51d6e1af80.jpg

c89322c20dfe.jpg

c4a3e9483d07.jpg

- The policewoman!!! In my opinion it for the first time in sets subtheme "Police"!

29caf7e22d63.jpg

78dcac49493d.jpg

- The driver (probably infringer). Such body already met in a set 3177!

739738ebe47f.jpg

Let's pass to the set!

And the first we have a motorcycle of dark blue color!

686fef188d81.jpg

57580d49a137.jpg

dfabb3a90d53.jpg

Now we collect the police car!

e45a847ec479.jpg

b30ec357e9af.jpg

3e51b1fcc1c5.jpg

e9c0bdde38d7.jpg

e2f0d9520be1.jpg

05108e453a7f.jpg

abd2a7c3ee09.jpg

The car is collected! We will consider it:

8f4f55205317.jpg

8927ed1f73ef.jpg

920a7459b499.jpg

425f65b94682.jpg

c46e6faebdd9.jpg

b434b7025fbb.jpg

To plant a minifig inside it is necessary to remove a roof, as before:

73cbedf35de9.jpg

Let's compare the given car to police cars from other sets:

807442286391.jpg

7df3228196cb.jpg

2fbd6b2de49c.jpg

0376f6090002.jpg

Further we pass to assemblage of a red sports cabriolet:

711eb8654906.jpg

2ccf2ee527eb.jpg

6317ec3d81e2.jpg

e0fc14d43fea.jpg

Let's consider turned out car:

5a5fc302a723.jpg

6f66bdcda277.jpg

8b9d8730d807.jpg

f299df0663ef.jpg

e0534f7a0c76.jpg

689539d30531.jpg

de005f43dd54.jpg

In my opinion the smart cabriolet has turned out! We will compare it to sports cars from other sets:

817ea831edd8.jpg

e00acb556d2e.jpg

80092cdd6e46.jpg

Also in a set there is a small site of road, to be exact sidewalk on which there is a traffic light, a traffic sign and... а police radar!!!

1e065d16606e.jpg

d51a4f8494b6.jpg

Well and now all set in gathering - looks very harmoniously:

bb6885875e27.jpg

9662759907bf.jpg

In a set it is a lot of spare details:

2afb566ad96b.jpg

In general, I consider that it has turned out excellent with excellent vehicles!

Excuse for my bad English!

- The policewoman!!! In my opinion it for the first time in sets subtheme "Police"!

Not entirely true :wink:

And the first we have a motorcycle of dark blue color!

Looks like regular blue to me... :wacko:

In general, I consider that it has turned out excellent with excellent vehicles!

I agree, I really like the design of the vehicles. The SNOT constructions on the back of both vehicles look great.

Thanks for the review! :classic: I like this set a lot, particularly the look and design of the two cars. Although I do think that the UK S@H price of this set (£18.99) is a little steep, when this set has 173 pieces, exactly the same as set 7286 which is £5 cheaper (but 7286 has 1 less minifig and 1 less vehicle). :sceptic:

Well done on the review. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Not entirely true :wink:

Looks like regular blue to me... :wacko:

I agree, I really like the design of the vehicles. The SNOT constructions on the back of both vehicles look great.

Good inventory! I'll get two of em! (yes it is regural blue bike)

Very nice review, great pictures! The comparison shots between the vehicles is very useful. The red car looks very nice and it is probably the best of its kind. I also like the police car since there are some small details that makes it differ from the previous cars.

The printed road sign and the new minifig face is also a plus.

Thanks again for the review mifody. :classic:

Thanks for this fast review! I think i will pass this set, the cars look fantastic but its too overpriced :/

Edited by freeedrik

Thanks for the review 'mifody' of a set of ups and downs, the up the side a female officer, new motorcycle cop head and a dam cool cop car.

Now the downside, that dam three wheeled bike and do the Lego city police employ flat chested women do they ? :laugh:

In any case I be buying one set at least for the new cop car.....keep on policing your city/town everyone ! :grin:

Thanks for this review mifody, I must say that sports car is absolutely fantastic default_wubnew.gif, The police car is okay but I think it has more of a racer feel to it rather than city.

I'll be picking this up for sure.

Thanks for the review! This set is nice, especially considering how different the cars are compared to other cars from recent years. I think this set will be very popular with young kids :thumbup:

What a gigantic box for so small a set!

New to you? :wacko:

Thanks for the review! I think this set is great, but I fear it will be 30 US dollars, which is way to expensive.

Its a nice set, though. :classic:

I'm really pleased to see printed road signs again, it really annoyed me when they changed to stickers, as I tend to not add the stickers to my sets, most of the time you can still see what the set is without the stickers, but when it comes to road signs, you are limited.

This is good, but still not worth the price, I'm really hoping these new prices are already set at the higher rate of VAT for the UK and they don't intend to add another 2.5% to the prices on the 4th Jan! If they do that, this year will hurt my wallet.

Paul

do the Lego city police employ flat chested women do they ?

Perhaps she is wearing a bullet proof vest under her uniform? They tend to have that effect.

This is a marvelous set, I really love both of those cars. I only wish LEGO ditched the three wheeler mold and included more police motorcycles. My son has two LEGO police motorcycles, but that's only because I bought one online. They seem to have a limit of one set per cycle with an included motorcycle. With that limitation, how can we reenact our favorite memories of C.H.i.P.s? :laugh:

Thanks for your review mifody! This is in my opinion a weird set. I don't understand the purpose of the three wheeled bike as I have never seen one in an urban setting... With that said, the cop car looks good and a female police officer is a great addition to the LEGO city police force!

Excellent review mifody! Well-written, great photos, and I simply love the comparison photos of the vehicles, good job overall! :thumbup:

As for the set, I think it's great, the description says it all - Police Chase! This is something all kid boys will definitely enjoy playing. For a small-sized set you get three cool vehicles, 2 cops (and one is a lovely lady), and a baddie/'violator', what more could you ask for? I really like the upgraded sleeker version of the police car and the red convertible. I would have preferred the current police motorcycle for this set, but the blue trike will suffice.

Thank you very much for this great review, mifody! :classic:

I voted for

average.

Pro:

-excellent looking police car :thumbup:

-speed control

-civilian minifig as car driver (and not again a prisoner)

-female police officer :thumbup:

Con:

-(ugly looking) police trike

-boring color for the civilian car (we already have got that many red and yellow cars - so why not some blue, black or grey ones?!)

-no car doors in both cars :thumbdown:

With nearly all cars in the 2010 City sets including car doors, it's really a step backwards that TLG didn't include car doors in these two cars (as well as in the majority of the new police sets). :cry_sad:

If TLG included car doors in the cars, AFOLs would be much happier because so the cars would looke much more authentic, and JFOLs would be much happier because so more playability is offered.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I do think that the UK S@H price of this set (£18.99) is a little steep

For that price I would think about getting it. But for 30 euros? No way!

I like this set alot thanks for the review cant wait till it gets to the US may be a little overpriced but as a police fan its a must get for my collection.

Will this set be released soon in the US? The link on the sticky says it's not available.

I think the speculation is that this is going to be an exclusive for a major US retailer, perhaps Wal Mart. As such, it may not show up until Wal Mart does their fall toy aisle reset (usually in early August).

Thanks for this awesome review mifody! I really like that LEGO have started put police womans in the new police sets! :thumbup:

It's strange that they'd hold this one for a later release and/or exclusive-- I'd have thought perhaps Prison Transport or something might have packed a little more punch. Even with the Bank & Money Transfer, I'm really looking forward to adding this chase car to the squad!

PS-- Almost forgot, Hey Look, I'm a KNIGHT!!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Anyone in the US spotted this set yet? Too soon? Maybe closer to August as speculated... My city needs another stoplight!