Sign in to follow this  
iamded

Website is all... weird.

So the other day (like, 2 days ago) when I went to Eurobricks' front page, I was greeted with something along the lines of this:

Untitled-11.png

The occasional thread will appear like that as well, without formatting and the like. The forums index appears normally as well, except for one oddity. The profile thing in the top right corner always appears with the drop down list, well, permanently dropped down, like so:

Untitled2.png

I'm using the latest Firefox browser if that has anything to do with it. I haven't seen any other complaints so I guess I'm the only one. It's weird... Anywhom, if anyone has an advice on what's happened, I'll be glad to hear it! :sweet:

EDIT: Coincidentally, this thread's done it too, as well as the edit mode I'm using to add this to the post. :look:

Untitled3.png

Actually, I do experience this 'unformatted' page sometimes, especially when I have crappy internet connection. I'm no IT expert so I don't know the specific cause of this issue, but what I usually do is just refresh the page and it reverts back to the standard formatted view.

Looks like a style sheet that doesn't load properly. A refresh should do the trick.

Tried refreshing, is does not do the trick unfortunately. Other websites are loading fine. It's strange.

EDIT: Right, it seems when it auto changed to the Harry Potter skin, the problems started. So I changed to another skin and it's fine. As for the drop-down list being stuck dropped down, Shadows says that's a Java thing, so a ctrl+F5 fixed that. Problem solved! :sweet:

I have the exact same problem on Firefox. It happens probably every couple of weeks. The quick fix is refreshing, but if that doesn't work, just go do something else for a couple minutes and reload the page. It should be back to normal.

Sometimes if the refresh doesn't work, do a hard refresh, that usually fixes any problems like that unless the site itself is having issues. In firefox its the shift key plus the reload button.

I find that turning off all of my security services helps, It always works.

Edited by Ratshot

Actually, I do experience this 'unformatted' page sometimes, especially when I have crappy internet connection. I'm no IT expert so I don't know the specific cause of this issue, but what I usually do is just refresh the page and it reverts back to the standard formatted view.

Same here. I usually get it when I'm browsing with my iPod with only 1 bar of Wi-Fi signal strength, so out of the suggestions in this thread I'd suspect it's the style sheet that didn't load. A lot of times if I view an image-heavy topic on said iPod with bad connection, then some or all of the images won't load and I'll just get question marks all over the place.

Same here. I usually get it when I'm browsing with my iPod with only 1 bar of Wi-Fi signal strength, so out of the suggestions in this thread I'd suspect it's the style sheet that didn't load. A lot of times if I view an image-heavy topic on said iPod with bad connection, then some or all of the images won't load and I'll just get question marks all over the place.

Same with me, if I go on through Wii internet, or ipod it shows the site like this.

I always use the default theme and I never get this, even on my android phone, only occasionally when my internet has a horrible connection.