HMS Hell Hound

pirates-indexed.gif 176A

here it is finished.....for now.

Info:

Name: HMS HELL HOUND

Ship Type: Brig of war

Commander:Captain Blocksworth

Home port: New Brickston

Cannons: 7 broadside + 2 on bow(chasers)

Alignment: Blue-Coat

Crew: 5 sailors 5 marines 3 soldiers

Length: 85 studs (tip to tip)

Hight : 65 studs

Width : 16 studs (widest deck surface)

fun fact: over 270 brown tiles were used in the build, total brick count unknown almost 2000 at a guess.

104_1110.jpg

104_1111.jpg

104_1112.jpg

104_1113.jpg

104_0620.jpg

104_0621.jpg

104_1117.jpg

104_1118.jpg

104_1119.jpg

104_1120.jpg

Special thanks to Admiral Croissant and Captain Zuloo for constant feedback and on going support though out the build and to all those who have served as inspiration, Captain Green Hair among others. so happy with it I just bought a 7 mid section hull for my next ship. :pir-classic:

Didn't you say you had changed the spanker sail to the upper yard?

Anyway, outside of that it's a very nice ship. I like the interior and the rigging a lot.

The brown tiles look great as well, just as the capstan -does it work?

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

yes the capstan works, was working below deck but was too hard to access so I moved it to the top deck.

This vessel looks very nice. :thumbup:

The rigging is top notch! :pirate:

I only have a couple of minor comments.

I believe the cannons are too close to each other. a ship of this size should probably have fewer guns in its gun-deck.

The captain's cabin may look better if the side windows sloped.

The ship still looks great.

Good job Taz.

Wow, interior of the cabin looks great. That spiral staircase down is awesome. Those piano keys are way better than the ones in the Imperial Flagship... I have no idea why they didn't do it that way! I agree with some of the other posters -- make the cabin windows sloped!!

Its officially a sloop not a brig. Great ship however.

No it's not a sloop. It has the sailplan typically for a brig. (look here)

And in case you consider it a sloop-of-war, then it's a snow, but a snow is a type of brig.

Congratulations on finishing a superb ship! The rigging must have been a real pain to do. :pir_wacko:

This is truly a worthy addition to the Bluecoat Empire! :pir-devil:

..after a second glance through the pics, I just noticed, is that black thing a safe?

Congratulations on finishing a superb ship! The rigging must have been a real pain to do. :pir_wacko:

This is truly a worthy addition to the Bluecoat Empire! :pir-devil:

..after a second glance through the pics, I just noticed, is that black thing a safe?

rigging didn't take that long there are only about a dozen knots the rest is weaved together, heaps faster will do a tutorial if people are interested.

and no it's not a safe but it could be .... it's supposed to be a wood heater/stove.

the rigging is made from tread use for tapestry or cross stitch, and the rat lines are cotton tread that is doubled up to thicken them.

the shrouds (vertical) are doubled over and twisted then the rat lines are sewn in with a needle by hand to avoid countless knot tying.

Hemp would be awesome for this as alot of rope was crafted from that back in the day ( adding to the realism).

cheers for the comments guys.

ps will chuck up a pic soon of the spanker sail rigged the right way .... old habits die hard.

104_1214.jpg

there we go..

Edited by TazManiac

i love the interior details! that neat little spiral staircase, the keyboard, and the second level bed are awesome!

great job! the sails look as if theyre catching the wind

what material did you use for the rigging and sails, btw?

I think you've made a great ship, looks pretty realistic to me!

I love the colourscheme and small detail, especially the use of minifig heads as jars in a crate. :pir-sweet:

Agree whit the others at this is indeed a great looking ship. I do like the shape, but the deck seems to be a bit empty IMO, but its only an illusion for me because there is no "Hole" in this ship, and there isnt any smaller cannons on board (I have used to see some in ships MOC`s) :pir-blush: . The interior looks great as well, but it seems at Captain wont get much privacy when there isnt wall between his cabin and the crews quarteers. Its a great ship and hope to see another ship from you soon as well.

Captain Becker

Thanks for the bump. Such a shame I missed this last update!

Are you still improving this ship, or is this the final post? You could give the final post a seperate thread IMO.

Anyway, on to the ship. It looks excellent. A big hole and swivel guns like Capt. Becker said sure look nice, but not really necessary.

What you could do though, is lower the spritsail yard to the middle jib, and replace the dinghy more to the middle between the masts.

Still, you did a very good job so far :thumbup:

Yeah It's still getting tweaked, has a proper hole now and I'm trying to round out the side gallery and take some width from the top deck (above the cabin).

The sails are going to get the Admiral Croissant treatment.

Big thanks again to Admiral Croissant and Captain Green Hair for the feedback and tutorials your opinions mean a lot to me.

When it's updated enough I'll re-post it.......... may take some time though.pir_laugh2.gif

Where are Captain Blocksworth and the crew? :hmpf_bad: But the ship is fantastic! :sweet:

Welcome to Eurobricks, bumping an old topic is fine if you are adding new information or sparking new discussion on the old topic.

Your post did not do either, please refrain from bumping old topics to just add a comment that you like the MOC.

Thank You.

Its officially a sloop not a brig. Great ship however.

Actually its a brig because it has two masts sloops only have one unless its a brig rigged sloop of war.

dude, this is an old thread and all this bumping of old threads is getting super annoying!