Sign in to follow this  
sinjid

Clone Trooper Battle Pack 7913

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I'm new- I just joined yesterday, and thought I'd start out strong with a review of a small, but awesome, set I got it off eBay. It wasn't available in any store in AZ, but I knew i needed it, and got it-but for more than the actual price.

Name: Clone Trooper Battle Pack

Set Number: 7913

Pieces: 85

Price: USD 12.00, EUR 15.00, GBD 10.00

Ages: 6-12

Minifigs: 4

Theme: Star Wars

Year of Release: 2011

Box

Front

img_1204.jpg

Mostly standard captain rex at the top, except the picture of the new ARF trooper minifigure in the bottom left corner

Back

not sure what happened to the size of this pic

img_1207.jpg

Here it shows this set and the other battle packs, the Mandalorian Battle Pack, with a picture of the figs in this set and their names and it looks to me that the background terrain is different on the front it looks sorta jungly and on the back looks like a desert plain :sceptic:

Content

img_1208.jpg

The part bags and instructions, with one brick with no bag and no DSS hurrah :cry_happy:

img_1220.jpg

Random page of instruction book- quick & easy, not too much on one page

img_1226.jpg

Part page and picture, similar to the one on the back of the box

img_1229.jpg

Page with pictures of other sets in this wave, and Lego Club advertisement on the back is the win thing but i didn't put that cause who needs it we've all seen it so it's just a waste of time

img_1212.jpg

The new gun compared to the closest thing to it. I really like it :wub: but it doesn't look like something a clone would use

Minifigs

img_1213.jpg

Front- this is the whole group, and i think they're awesome

img_1214.jpg

Back- awesome, but everyone except the new fig need print on the back of the legs, especially the bomb troopers

img_1233.jpg

Of course, they all got the standard clone head but the top what is up with that i saw the filled in heads in another set but why are there two different types new and old :sceptic:

img_1215.jpg

This guy is a ARF (Advanced Recon Force) trooper and he is so cool :wub: but his body is that of a normal clone trooper and i think he really needs a chest with a pattern like the clone trooper (that is what he is called on the box but he looks like a commander) that comes in this set :cry_sad: but he is still really cool

img_1219.jpg

This is the side of his helmet (sorry about the blurriness), and is the same on the other side minus the blueish black stripes on top

img_1216.jpg

Here we got the bomb squad troopers, and they are also sick and i noticed that the white on them is sorta orange not the first time though

img_1217.jpg

And I think this guy is done an injustice to be just called a plain clone trooper on the box he's to cool he looks more like a commander :angry:

The Build

Not much to show for this section cause you only have to build the BARC (Biker Advanced Recon Commando) speeder but heres what i got

img_1211.jpg

The part selection(minus figs no need to be repetitive)- something i noticed is the green it is darker than most green. this color green is more commonly used in plates and plants, not bricks *oh2*

img_1221.jpg

Random picture of the work in progress

img_1222.jpg

The finished result, and i think it looks good with the harpoons as guns, and the snow shoe things on the sides but i think it needs more in the middle

img_1223.jpg

Extra piece- not special, but this is a small set don't expect much

Final Thoughts

A great set without a doubt. I would recommend it to guys looking for some cheap exclusive clones to boost your clone army and a little speeder for the same affect, that are awesome, or a kid who wants something new.

Build and Design: 8/10 quick, easy, cool, but small and lacking some little turret-like things.

Playability: 8/10 good, but it doesn't come with any enemies for the clones to fight.

Pieces: 8/10 very good. the new gun is awesome, and has a reasonable selection of pieces. good for some simple, yet nice stuff.

Minifigs: 9/10 so cool! the new clones are awesome, but the bomb troops really need back print on the legs, as well as the standard trooper, but not as much.

Price: 8/10 good for $12, but mostly because of the troops. the bike is not enough but its still cool.

Total: 8/10 over all good, not perfect. the bike is kinda lazy, in a word. It is small, thin, and a too basic a design. the bomb troops need something on the back of their legs, but are still cool and i think you should get it.

This is my first review so please critique all the faults that you see and things you think i should change and i hope this review will help all who read it

Why are you posting so many copies of the same review?

I think he is have trouble editing it, this one, the latest, has a few more pictures.

Are you having trouble editing your review sinjid?

Yes I had some trouble editing it is my first time do you know if i can delete the other two

Edited by sinjid

Yes I had some trouble editing it is my first time do you know if i can delete the other two

I've reported it for you.

So this is the topic I post in, right?

This set looks okay to me. Not the greatest, and I still don't like the BARC, but I can probably find a use for the clones and the blasters are lovely.

Well I like it and i must agree the BARC is not the best but for the figs and the new guns it is good for $12

Edited by sinjid

Well I like it and i must agree the BARC is not the best but for the figs and the new guns it is good for $12

Oh, of a certainty. I'm picking one up myself, just for the guns. The BARC will just get parted out.