Sign in to follow this  
Sarg_Kulo

World Cup 2006 - Germany

So who are you backing up? Myself, England (Home country) and Holland (birthplace)

Although I think Germany or Italy may win this year.

Serbia for me, but I also favor Argentina oh and Korea for that super cool amblem (White Bengal Tiger :-) )

Like always I will support my two favorite teams: UK and Italy !! However I'm sure no one will win :-( (lets hope the referees will be quite good and won't rob some teams !!).

It will be fun to see France get beaten by Korea :-D !!

*yoda*

I'm going for the UK. I also wouldn't mind seeing the US do well, but that's not very likely.

I'm going for the UK. I also wouldn't mind seeing the US do well, but that's not very likely.

Same here. After the UK, though, I'm going for Germany and Uruguay (are they in it this year? I haven't kept track 8-| ).

No favoryte team, I just hope France to loose every single match. That would make me more than happy ! If I had to choose I would go for UK because i think english people are the best when it comes to celebrate a victory (not to mention the fun of seing hooligans fighting in the crowd).

Well hopefully England will win, i think germany, spain, france will do well but i dont think any of them will win.

Overall i just want to see a world cup that is alot better than the one we had 4 years ago.

So who are you backing up? Myself, England (Home country) and Holland (birthplace)

I didn't know you where born in Holland. Which city? :-P

As for on-topicness, I'm up for Holland (of course...) and I'm guessing Brazil will do great too. We have a tough group though...

Brazil tends to fail in becoming the champ when the World Cup is hosted in an European Country :-) so something tells me that they won't become the champ. Aside from that, I wish Turkey was in the cup, but oh well... I have one question though, now that Serbian and Montenegro are being seperated, what'll happen to the team?

I read that one of them (I think it was Serbia) keeps all the rights and stuff they got together (FIFA rankings and stuff like that). The other gets to start all over again. They can't even compete in the EC 2008 qualifiers.

C'mon England! I am sure we can do it, we don't have Rooney.. but we got Crouch instead! *wacko* Seriously though, with Gerrard on form at the moment, Lennon and Wallcott performing well and Ashley Cole back from injury I reckon we would do well. Sure, missing Rooney is a shame but he might be in after the group stages once we make it though!

Jon.

I just want to add to this discussing: I HATE THIS WORLD CUP!!!

In Germany you can't avoid to hear, read or see "Football" and related things every minute... Radio, TV, magazines, even supermarket advertisents lately have at least the half of the products football related... It's driving me insane!! 8-| *wacko* *wacko*

Lol Apo i know what you mean it was the same over here when we held euro 96, all the build up was bad but once the games got under way it really united the whole country.

Actually its funny because I saw on the news that in one of the German cities where some games will take place (soory, I forgot which city), a lot of restaurants are not recruiting any more additional workers, an that it seemed as if it was not a huge event 8-

Same here, the football madness is driving me insane. I dont like the sport at all, and therefore this is getting silly. Its like trying to get a baguette without tomatos on it; "Sorry, we dont serve baguettes without tomatoes, if you are allergic you need to go somewere else." Same bloody thing.

I didn't know you where born in Holland. Which city? :-P

To be honest, I have no idea.

Anyway I just got the new Duch shirt last week and I love it, but I wish that the KNBV emblim wasn't such an eyesore 8-|

I think Holland V Argentina is going to be one of the best games of the tournament.

I like the new shirt. Retro rules! Did you get the orange one or the white-red-blue one? The orange is is cool, but the white on is just plain awesome :P

And yeah, Holland vs. Argentina will rock. I still remember that awesome goal by Bergkamp in the '98 quarter finals. Best goal ever if you ask me...

Too bad he quit... :-/

The argentina v holland game will probably be the biggest game from the first round, lets hope its a high scoring game and that the dutch win.....sorry but where argentinas concerned i just cant be a netural. ;-)

I'll be supporting my home country, England, and hoping that Rooney and Owen will be fit to play.

Fingers crossed to get into the Semis, at least. *wacko*

I'm not optimistic. I'm not gonna kid myself by saying we will win because it probably won't happen.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT to win, but I don't think we will.

Oh i agree weve been here too many times before but i believe its our best chance for ages, of course to win it we would most likely have to beat brazil in the semi's.............no small task then :-/

Exactly. But, with the bringing forward of the scan on Rooney's foot, we might be able to take another 'fully operational' player to Germany.

Indeed, i am worried by the lack of strikers in our squad. For those who dont know we have 1 possibly unavailable till the 2nd round (if we get there) 1 whos not played 90 mins since xmas, 1 whos 17 and has never played in our premiership and one who just .....errr tall (6ft7)

Oh well lets hope our midfield preforms well.

Vader, you have a godly midfield...Lampard, Beckham, Gerrard.

Then again, we have a pretty good offense. We seriously had a national issue over van Basten choosing van Nistelrooy instead of the upcoming talent Huntelaar. Me, I would've preferred the latter.