Sign in to follow this  
zeki

MOC: European fire Engine v2

I present the sister Engine of GVC 24/50 called GVC 16/25. Equipped with 1600 l/min pump and holds 2500 l of water. The cabin has room for 4 firefighters.

Front to side view.

dscn4253.jpg

back view

dscn4255.jpg

Side view. Sadly no interior (yet). The longer cabin means less storage space :(

dscn4257.jpg

Top view

dscn4260.jpg

And a comparison pic:

dscn4262.jpg

Great MOC! It is realistic and it goes well with your other fire truck. :classic:

Very well done. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Very well done, like the first one. I think this second version is better with more room for additional firemen, though it lacks the water pump on top of the first version.

I like fire engines and these are both nice vehicles, with many neat little details. I do think they're a bit tall compared to the reference picture in the other thread. I'm guessing this is at least partially the result of the space needed to fit figures in the cab.

Zeki, do you have the intention of building a fire station for them as well?

Cheers,

Ralph

I like fire engines and these are both nice vehicles, with many neat little details. I do think they're a bit tall compared to the reference picture in the other thread. I'm guessing this is at least partially the result of the space needed to fit figures in the cab.

I agree with them being really nicely detailed, as well as with them being a bit tall and perhaps also a little long. But that also depends on what scale you're using (I have the idea this is slightly larger than 'City-scale'). Besides fitting figures in, it also has to do with the dimensions of the roller door. It is relatively wide and it is hard to lower it below the wheel arches, something commonly seen on 'real' engines, or fit it immediately above the wheel arch.

But I'm amazed at all the equipment you managed to fit in. :classic:

I agree with them being really nicely detailed, as well as with them being a bit tall and perhaps also a little long. But that also depends on what scale you're using (I have the idea this is slightly larger than 'City-scale'). Besides fitting figures in, it also has to do with the dimensions of the roller door. It is relatively wide and it is hard to lower it below the wheel arches, something commonly seen on 'real' engines, or fit it immediately above the wheel arch.

Perhaps I should have been clearer: I think both trucks are a bit too tall compared to their width. I'm no stranger to building fire engines and I have the impression that the real vehicles of this type are about as wide as they are tall -which is confirmed by the pictures zeki linked to in the thread about his other truck. I'm not too bothered about the length.

Even using these doors, which indeed are quite tall (which is why make my own doors), I think it would be possible to shave at least two and probably three plates off in height without having to give up too much detail.

Cheers,

Ralph

The Engines are really a bit too high, as the storage area should be the same height as the cabin. This could be achieved by adding a custom door, but the lose of storage space would be big. The height should be 1 brick less, the length is almost 100 % accurate comparing to the wheels and the width is a bit to small; it should be 6,5 bricks wide.

As for the station. Yes I am building one, with the main structure complete, the garages are still WIP. What bothers me (if I place roller door) in the Width to Height ratio, so currently i'm thinking of my own door design.