DarthPineapple

Review: 7931 Jedi T-6 Shuttle

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello all! Just got this set today and wanted to make another review, so here it is. I apologize for some of the pictures, it was getting dark halfway through the build. ;)

Set: 7931 Jedi T-6 Shuttle

Pieces: 369

Year release: 2011

Minifigures: 4

Price: €74,99, $59,99, £49.99

Lets start with the box:

s6008568.jpg

s6008570.jpg

Here are the contents; 5 bags, an A4 instruction manual and a rather large sticker sheet.

s6008573.jpg

Here's a close up of the sticker sheet. 5 very large stickers! For some reason Lego included me 2 of them, while you only need one.

s6008575.jpg

All of the parts; I never build bag-by-bag, I prefer the build to last a little longer.

s6008576.jpg

Pieces of interest; 2 technic gears I've never seen before, a printed(!) windscreen, technic T-piece, and a trans-light blue brick 2x2 round.

s6008577.jpg

The steps; part 1 is body and figs, part 2 wing+ gears, part 3 wing+ attachments, part 4 cockpit.

s6008579.jpg

Here's the best part of the set; the figs! We get another(!) Obi-Wan and Anakin. :(

But, to make up for that there are 2 new and exclusive figures, Saesee Tiin and Shaak Ti! They are both very cool figures, with both new headpieces. They are a single part, but the horns and tops are made of a softer plastic than the res (It's not all rubbery like Kit Fisto) I have to say Saesee's face is quite ugly, but Shaak Ti is beautiful! One of my favorite figures. She is also the only one that comes with a cape. Her headpiece is the same style as Ahsoka's, only longer.

s6008581.jpg

And the backs, only Saesee's torso in printed on both sides.

s6008582.jpg

Now lets start with the build, shall we? Half way part 1 we have the structure of the body done.

s6008583.jpg

Now we're done with step 1; the body is completed,

s6008589.jpg

Step 2 is for the left/bottom with and gears. Nothing shocking in the build, so here's the finished part.

s6008590.jpg

Part 3 builds the other wing. It's a bit repetitive but fun nonetheless.

s6008591.jpg

Then we attach the body to the wings.

s6008594.jpg

And finally, step 4, we build the cockpit. More on that later.

s6008597.jpg

Only 4 spare parts; a technic pin, cheese slope, and 2 1x1 round plates.

s6008600.jpg

So, we add the cockpit to the rest, and done! It was a pretty fun build, so here are some pictures.

s6008606.jpg

s6008607.jpg

When it's flying it's wings turn 90 degrees. I had to hold it because it will fall over if you try to put it down this way.

s6008611.jpg

Here's the underside. The wings are not as detailed on the underside as their top, but it's not bad.

s6008618.jpg

Here's a close up of the body. The gear is attached to a pin which slows the turning, so you can swoosh without having to hold the wings!

The technic piece is a stand to make sure it doesn't topple over.

s6008621.jpg

We're done with everything good, so now the bad; the cockpit.

I'll just say this: it's horrible. It looks like the designers had €5 left to spend to make a cockpit and half of that went to the windscreen. The outside is ok, but the inside is multicolored, odd pieces and a lot of room is wasted with the wall connections and the ability to detach the cockpit.

s6008622.jpg

Here's a shot without figs.

s6008623.jpg

Score

Build: 8/10 A bit repetitive because of the wings, but a fun build nonetheless. It has some nice snot building.

Parts: 7/10 Aside from the printed cockpit, there's not that much special.

Figures: 9/10. Sasee Tiin and Shaak Ti are AWESOME! Only downside are Anakin and Obi-wan.

Price: 7/10 I bought this for €53, which is €23 lower then the S@H price. For this price it's a 10/10, but I'm not sure if I'd pay €75 for this. I'll definitely recommend it those in the US, but those in Europe will have to decide if they like the set and are willing to pay that much (it has 2 awesome figs though).

Playability: 9/10 Very swooshable, 2 flick fire missiles, and 4 Jedi! Lots of fun to play with this as a kid. Only downside is that there are no enemies! You'll need to buy the Bounty Hunter gunship for this, as the art page shows.

Accuracy: 7/10 Wings should be 2-3 times bigger (but it would be HUGE if they did, and too expensive) and red instead of dark red. :( The shape is very well done though!

Overall: 47/60 A very decent set, just a little expensive if you buy it at Europe's full price. Great for both collectors and children!

Great review, thanks!

The set isn't bad at all, the figs are great, but is indeed too expensive. Maybe I'll be able to pick one up on sale sometimes.

Good review of the set and it is nice to see the two new figs in this set. :thumbup: Im not gonna buy it but the shuttle is pretty good apart from one aspect, like you said the cockpit though is just simply :sick:. Lego really managed to ruin it with the cockpit and all it would have taken is some colour matching studs and two seats able to go behind each other. Then maybe a computer screen built in. Luckily though the cockpit looks easily modify-able and in the future I would love to see it modified. :wink:

Guys , the set is NOT overpriced ! I would surely pay 75 euros for it! Two new figs , a very nice design for collectors and very useful pieces for a mocer. The pieces might not be many , but every single one of them is very useful.

'maker

Guys , the set is NOT overpriced ! I would surely pay 75 euros for it! Two new figs , a very nice design for collectors and very useful pieces for a mocer. The pieces might not be many , but every single one of them is very useful.

'maker

Yeah, the figs are nice, but the ship itself is too small for that price. Compare it to the 8019 Republic Attack Shuttle (which cost the same here in Europe) which fitted 6-7 figs, was bigger, had bombs and missile launchers and twice as many pieces.

When in doubt, I check the price/piece ratio. 370 pieces isn't enough for 69,99 euro.

This set is very interesting in terms of build, and the figs are nice. I don't mind the interior, because it at least has one. The price could be a bit cheaper, but I'm not complaining.

Thanks for the fine review DarthPineapple! :thumbup::sweet:

The set is okay and I like it abit more every time I see it. Its the figs though that I'll be getting the set for.

Thanks again for the review!

CF

I like this set. The color scheme is great and the set design is quite good. Only I don't like the Technic round thingy for turning the wings being so visible.

Nice review, thanks!!!

Thanks for this first review, DarthPineapple! This set has a couple high points, but I still don't think it's the greatest value.

'maker

Well the figures are definately great! but looking at it on S@H Germany for 70 EUR and at S@H US for 60 USD ~ 46 EUR (50 incl. tax) I am asking myself what justifies the difference?

...we had this many times, just plainly :thumbdown:

I would go for it with the US price...

@ Supersonic : I guess you 're right , but I would still pay 75 euros for the set , although I could buy something better with the money . It 's too good for me not to buy ...

'maker

Edited by Troopmaker

I think it's overpriced, too, and the only minifig I like here is Shaak Ti. I hate the CW faces, and to this day I'm not really sure I understand why there had to be a "Lego Clone Wars" style of face. I doubt anyone would have objected if the CW sets had featured "regular face" minifigs, which are extremely cartoonish to start with but don't look like they were drawn by five-year-olds.

Thanks for the review. The set itself is nice but if it wasn't for the minifigures I would not be buying it. The ship doesn't appeal to me for some reason :sceptic:.

Again. Thanks for the Review :thumbup:

Mkay, let me refrase what I've said many times before.

There's no reason to discuss the price of a set in a review.

We can all agree that licensed sets are much more expensive than non-license sets.

We'd all love to pay nothing for LEGO, but it's not going to happen.

EB is a global site and LEGO isn't equally priced globally.

Let's stick with discussing the set itself and keep from price ranting - which is and always will end in nothing but sour faces and a lot of barfy posts.

If they call this a shuttle, shouldn't it carry more than just a pilot?

Hey if you even read the review or just looked at the pics, you'd know that it carries 2 people in the cockpit.

:hmpf:

And no one has fixed the typo in the title yet? :tongue:

The more I look at this set and all these good reviews the more I like it. Its just that the more I look at it, the more I see what I could miss out on like the two brand new Jedi! :cry_happy: They are really impressive and at the rate we are getting new Jedi I would hate it if I was just missing two of them. The ship well its ok, slightly better than average but fitting all the minifigs in the cockpit would bump the rating a lot for me. I think since this and the bounty hunter gunship are the two top sets of the wave. I will side with the gunship, I mean its just better. Great ship in an interesting colour, 3 awesome minifigs that are as good as the minifigs in this shuttle. It definitely is a tough choice.

Great review. I was thinking about this set, but the figures alone make it a very desireable set, adn seeing the set put together in pictures gives me a different perspective. I think your review may have pushed me over the edge on purchasing it.

Thanks for the review.

Thanks for the nice review!

As I have thought, I will probably buy the figs off BrickLink and leave the shuttle alone. At 50% discount I'd consider picking up the whole set but otherwise it gets a No! from me. Furthermore, 75 euros are ridiculous and much more expensive than its price in any other currency.

Enpaz