ED-209

Elf torso decals

Hello all, I've been really busy with work and sadly haven't posted anything for months.

I adore the Elf from the Series 3 minifigs, and my wife gave me one for Christmas (she ordered it from overseas, as Series 3 isn't out in Australia yet! :sad: )

Long story short is that, like a lot of AFOLs, I plan to amass a small army of Elves. So I thought it might be nice to bulk up the ranks with some custom torsos.

First up is a straight reproduction of the official Lego torso:

Elf01.jpg

Second is basically the same, but with a brown cloak (reddish-brown, in the Bricklink colours):

Elf02.jpg

Thirdly; a slightly different look, replacing the official scale armour with a leather jerkin or tunic and a different belt:

Elf03.jpg

Hope you all enjoy them, and by all means I'm open to any suggestions for improvement and/or ideas for alternate looks!

Cheers! :thumbup:

EDIT: Just adding a couple more!

Another jerkin or tunic, this time on sand green with a different collar:

Elf04.jpg

And a fancier suit of scale armour - an elven captain or prince perhaps?

Elf05.jpg

Edited by ED-209

Thanks for the kind words everyone, and particularly to tin7 for the warm welcome back! :sweet:

I've added a couple more, and intend to keep going, if I can come up with any more ideas for other designs! :laugh:

Thanks for the kind words everyone, and particularly to tin7 for the warm welcome back! :sweet:

I've added a couple more, and intend to keep going, if I can come up with any more ideas for other designs! :laugh:

Those decals are fantastic! Maybe one with some gold, for a wealthier elf? :grin:

Those decals are fantastic! Maybe one with some gold, for a wealthier elf? :grin:

Thank you! A wealthier elf you say? With more gold than the belt and cloak clasps of the elven prince/captain? Very well, a golden scale shirt fit for an elven king! :laugh:

Elf06.jpg

And while I'm at it, I realised I had been missing some female elves:

Elf07.jpg

Elf08.jpg

Cheers! :thumbup:

Wonderful work! I must say that one would have a difficult time telling these apart from official TLG artwork. :thumbup:

Thanks again for the kind words everyone! I've just finished an elven mage:

Elf09.jpg

Or possibly a priest? Hmm, not sure.

I'd still like to make a couple more, but I think I've run out of ideas now. Does anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: Just tweaked the male mage's collar to help differentiate it further from the female mage (see below).

Edited by ED-209

Thanks again for the kind words everyone! I've just finished an elven mage:

Or possibly a priest? Hmm, not sure.

I'd still like to make a couple more, but I think I've run out of ideas now. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You could do a female elven mage.

Edited by dr jones

You could do a female elven mage.

Sure, you mean the same mage's outfit just as a female?

Elf10.jpg

Wow what great work,can't wait to see them on the figs !

Ah, well I'm going on holiday at the end of the week, so any physical figures will have to wait until after I get back and place an order for some new parts! Anyone else interested is more than welcome to use them of course.

The fact that I've got some time off work right now is why I've had the time to get back into making the decals! :classic:

Exactly what I meant, Good job!

Cheers! :sweet:

Although my wife pointed out an oversight on my part: As both the male and female elven mages are wearing belts on the outside of their robes, the female should have hers cinched in more around her waist. So I tweaked that, but thought I'd add it as a new image rather than replace the older one (just in case anyone prefered it the other way!)

My wife then insisted that I point out to everyone that she is cleverer than I am! :grin::blush:

Elf11.jpg

My wife then insisted that I point out to everyone that she is cleverer than I am! :grin::blush:

Aah, wifes, what would you be without them?

(Free, happy, And so on... :tongue: )

Aah, wifes, what would you be without them?

(Free, happy, And so on... :tongue: )

Lost! And clearly I'd be making mistakes all over the place! :laugh:

Great work ED-209! You give credit to the MCW forum!

These are some great decals. I've always liked elves in books I've read and have fantasized over a big army in lego form, it would look magnificent with these decals. :wub:

Keep it up!

CF

Great work ED-209. I hope you don't mind if I use these in my BrickQuest games.

Thanks

Ahab out..................

These are really awesome ED-209! Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Thanks again for all the positive feedback everyone! I'm back from holiday now! :grin:

Great work ED-209. I hope you don't mind if I use these in my BrickQuest games.

By all means, please go ahead with my blessing. And please share any pics if you make them! :grin: