REVIEW: 2260 Ice Dragon Attack

67 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Excellent

Doesn't look as bad as I originally thought, it also looks like they are making fire dragon , earth dragon etc so it might become quite collectible to have a full set of dragons.

I remember hearing something about TLG updating the ball & socket joints, a couple of my Exo-Force ones are busted. So they're being used in Hero Factory? Odd that they're not being used here, alright, I'd have liked to see them.

Pretty much totally different than the old ones, lot more material to them, much stronger. The balljoints were changed too in order to absord and create less shock to fix the problems with the snapping joints. Fact of the matter is, im surprised the old sockets are being used as I though the molds for them had been destroyed like the Bionicle molds. I suppose they are just still in production because they were on the first series of hero factory.

This set to me seems bizarre. I'm not sure where the ninjaGO theme is going. On one hand there are the wooden japanese structural playsets, then there is the collectable spinner series and on a third hand are these fantasy vehicles and monsters! *huh*

Thanks for the review, think gonna get this set after all. :tongue:

Nope, he's regular. From reading the other reviews here, it seems that the blister packs contain Chinese figs and the boxed sets have Danish.

I've a feeling that that also explains the descrepancies between the sword hilts. Regular sets all seem to have squared hilts, while blister packs and Collectible Minifigs have octagonal ones. Perhaps somebody with more sets (including non-Ninjago ones) might be able to confirm that.

I was really hoping for dragons along the line of what I have seen in the Ninjago animation, similar to the fantasy dragons.

Theese look too much like an Exo Force set to me.

Great parts though and thanks for the review.

Ahab out...........

Just got this set. I like the dragon a lot. Wings are quite clever. My only complaint is that the head is so difficult to customize. Lego could have added a few more connection options to the head...

...what plastic are the figures made of?

The regular one, like in every regular set!

Thanks for the great review, Dunjohn! This is one set of the Ninjago line which I will definitely get. It's funny that when I first saw pics of it, I thought that it was going to be a large set and cost much more! I mean, does it look like a small set? Those wings are huge! So imagine my surprise and delight when I noticed this was going for 20 euros! :wub:

Regular-plastic Zane DX is lovely, too. As are his shurikens!

Cheers!

Thanks for the review! This is one set I'm definately going to get.

Especially considering my 4 year old kid loves dragons at the

moment. But the set itself is great and I would have gotten one

anyway. Maybe two then...

I doubt I would get this set. But the dragon's head would make a great battering ram or the bow of a ship. Since its an ice dragon, maybe you want it for your viking siege weapons or ships.

I was a little surprised to see the price tag, as all of our stores over here have this for $19.99 that I've seen, but other then that, a cool set! I may have to pick this little beauty up, and thanks a ton for the review :thumbup:

I love zane dx's printing.The dragon is cool too and the skeleton reminds me of "Laugh hard until you die" haha good review! :thumbup:

Gave this set as a birthday present to our son (4) yesterday.

He build it together himself (I read the instructions to him, I only needed to attacht claws for him).

A really excellent set. We had a great dragon chasing Chopov the biker play yesterday. With kai & jay taking on Frakjaw and Krazi.

Truly awesome set and theme.

Dragon is clever build, great wing system. Good fun.

Oh,

chinese plastic minifigs are better then the regular minifigs.

Kai & Jay are from the chinese spinner sets. Their Ninja hoods fit perfect and good. The hood of Zane, regular plastic, is pretty loose compared to them.

There.

Said it.

;)

starting to get confused with the Ninjago sets

this really looks like a Chinese dragon

not too sure.... Ninjago seems to be a mix of Japanese and Chinese mythology

what do you guys think?

I just get this set, so I will share my thoughts:

:thumbup:

Dragon looks great, so do Zane in Dragon outfit

Great new Nuckles pieces!

Wings are Ingenious! I simply love how they did them.

Ice/Crystal pieces

Yay for Third Ninja Star!

Dragon have Ice Planet colors!

:thumbdown:

Very limited Poseability- Legs seems to be too short, wings are ok, but they fail as dragon hands.

Tail should be longer. It simply needs this part to be a lot better:

bb28.jpg

I'm going to buy another dragon when it will be on sale and then build bigger dragon.

FACT:

The picture on a box is badly edited: you can spot two bricks that are NOT in set!

To be honest, I am not a real fan of this dragon. I realize some folks liek the wings, I realy dislike them. The wings remind me too mch of bird feathers and to me, a dragon does nto have feathers. :wink:

But this is a great review though. Nice Job.

To be honest, I am not a real fan of this dragon. I realize some folks liek the wings, I realy dislike them. The wings remind me too mch of bird feathers and to me, a dragon does nto have feathers. :wink:

But this is a great review though. Nice Job.

My thoughts exactly. I know someone had mentioned using this dragon for the Gringott's escape, from Harry Potter. I honestly had paid little attention to this set until it was mention. Bird feathers where the first thing I thought of. The head isn't bad, but doing a brick built body for this head would be tough.

Thanks for the review, but my search will continue for a more suitable fit for Harry, Ron, and Hermoine to ride out on.

Now that I've actually bought this set, I find myself agreeing with those who said the body looked wimpy. It IS wimpy, and the head is quite oversized compared to the body and tail (but in good proportion with the wings and feet). They needed to extend his body a little bit, give him two more feet and reconstruct his tail.

In other words, make him just like the Fire Dragon in the Fire Temple set. I wish that set didn't cost $100 more than this one.

I still think the Ice Dragon is pretty cool, though. He just needs a few mods. I LOVE the head piece they made for the Ninjago dragons. It's really wolflike and fierce, can work for both Chinese and European dragons and could be, as stated in the original review, biological or mechanical.

Now I want to get all the Ninjago dragons. I guess the Fire Dragon won't be coming out in a cheaper set, though.