Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Six

redscaremysterybanner.png

img_0240.jpg

The Congressman's car pulled back into town as an aide approached him. He whispered something to the Congressman, and then stepped away. Bob ascended to the podium, the others formed behind him.

"I've just received word that the National Guard has completed their quarantine of the area. For safety precautions, we're separated from the rest of the world."

The Congressman's car left town again, as the people whispered to themselves nervously.

"Where shall we go first?" Inspector Liebenston asks.

--------------------

[Characters:

Government Workers

mayorian.jpg

Ian Bradford (Mayor) played by Walter Kovacs

tcm.jpg

Will Ackerson (Town Councilman) played by iamded

judge.jpg

Alan Cain (Judge) played by JCC1004

chief.jpg

Ryan Phelps (Police Chief) played by JimButcher

cop1.jpg

Tim Fields (Police Officer) played by CallMePie

cop2.jpg

Louis Harrison (Police Officer) played by Brickme

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working Class

chefdieter.jpg

Dieter Schneider (Chef) played by Shadows

doctor.jpg

Simon Lloyd (Doctor) played by Burman

lawyer.jpg

Patrick Jefferson (Lawyer) Played by Professor Flitwick

dockworker.jpg

James Falzone (Dock Worker) played by CorneliusMurdock

nurse.jpg

Julie “Princess” Parker (Nurse) played by The Crazy One

farmer.jpg

Alan Simmons (Farmer) played by Fugazi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other

dolores.jpg

Dolores Jefferson (Housewife) played by Def

gloria.jpg

Gloria Jefferson (Student) played by Admiral Ron

stevie.jpg

Stevie Jefferson (Student) played by Legonater

retiredsalesman.jpg

Ralph Jenkins (Retired Salesman) played by Cralegoboy

huac_man.jpg

Matt Liebenston (HUAC Investigator) Played by Dragonator

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Arrivals

captted.jpg

Ted Harding (Captain of the Lakota) Played by Capt.JohnPaul

captwife.jpg

Jackie Harding (Ted's Wife) Played by Captain Becker

shiphand.jpg

Frankie Daly (Deckhand) Played by Captain Genero

Deceased

retiredwife.jpg

Valerie Jenkins (Housewife) played by Sok117

Rules:

(Borrowed partly from Dragonator’s Mystery Manor)

1. There are 18 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end. I am trusting you all not to drop out halfway through, as that is never any fun.

2. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:

"I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".

Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:

"I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."

It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalized statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine.

3. This game is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves!

4. Please be patient with me between chapters, I will try to put up the chapter topics as quickly as possible, but, this might not be so all the time.

5. Please try to avoid editing your posts, as it can lead to suspicion against you. Just consider what you want to say before you say it, and you'll be fine.

6. Please remember that this is the early 1950’s. No iPods, digital cameras, cell phones, printers, computers, fax machines, or otherwise. No events past the current date either, or else people will view you as insane.

7. I won’t keep you in a certain room if you don’t want me too. You’ll always have the option of backtracking or researching the same place.

8. The host is usually always right. If you think I’ve made an error, then please discuss this in the discussion thread or feel free to PM me.

9. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the death of your character.

10. Remember that although a chapter has ended, that doesn’t mean that the day has concluded, and night actions can be used.

10b. There are also chapter actions. Those of you with chapter actions have the ability to use them at the end of each chapter.

11. No Metagaming please. Also, don’t base suspicions on how the person looks.

Rules may be added or deleted as the game goes on based on game play.

12. This is the 1950’s, the middle of the Cold War. You’re under constant worry of potential nuclear Armageddon, so act like it. The Communists are your enemies in this game, don’t forget that. Also, anytime historical facts from the 1950’s are brought in is a big plus.

I'd like to suggest going to the fire station.

I still think the roof of the department store is a bigger issue. I want to know how the former Mrs. Jefferson died. It's been an issue hanging over our family for years. Please, for my sake, let's put this story to rest and go to the Department Store and find a way to the roof.

Well, at least we know the National Guard isn't going to let the communist spy escape. Now it's our job to flush the pig out.

So, where are we going people? We've discovered some interesting leads so far which I have been taking careful notes on for my report to the HUAC, do we want to follow some of these up?

Yes, I think we need to go to the department store. We'll go to the firestation after?

I still think the roof of the department store is a bigger issue. I want to know how the former Mrs. Jefferson died.

Agreed. I don't see any better time to solve it... exept before, when she was killed.

I too would like to see the roof of the Department Store.

Afterword, I still think the Jefferson Residence should be our next stop. It is the only place on the map that we found that was circled that we haven't visited.

Afterword, I still think the Jefferson Residence should be our next stop. It is the only place on the map that we found that was circled that we haven't visited.

That sounds like a good idea.

Uh, I agree, Mayor. There is definitely something worth investigating about that case.

I too would like to see the roof of the Department Store.

I'm with you, that makes perfect sense. If we can unravel this mystery, it just might lead us somewhere helpful. :thumbup:

I concur, we should visit the Jefferson residence. It's the last one left on the map and since Mrs. Jefferson's death it may shed some light on the knife thrower. Even though the mayor was clearly the target.

I'm with you, that makes perfect sense. If we can unravel this mystery, it just might lead us somewhere helpful. :thumbup:

We can go to our house, I know I have nothing to hide at least.

Eyes on the prize, people. We were going to the Department store?

Eyes on the prize, people. We were going to the Department store?

Read what I quoted again, I was agreeing to go to the house AFTER the department store roof. :hmpf:

Well forgive me, it just seemed as if everyone was getting ready to go to the Jefferson Household, so I thought I'd try and get us back on track.

I still think the roof of the department store is a bigger issue. I want to know how the former Mrs. Jefferson died. It's been an issue hanging over our family for years. Please, for my sake, let's put this story to rest and go to the Department Store and find a way to the roof.

Great idea Dolly! Oh, her name was Laura by the way. :wink:

I too would like to go to my house after; you guys aren't the only one to know why my house was circled.

I think going to the Department Store is a sensible idea. This area may have some leads which we can follow and even get us closer to the truth.

The townspeople once again journey to the Department Store.

Now where would you like to go?

So we're once again leaving the Town Hall improperly searched? We've still to make it to the roof-top, haven't we?

But fine, I'm content with the plan so far. So long as we make it back to the Town Hall to finish the search. I hate leaving things unfinished.

Now, can we get a refresher of this area please? If we've been here before perhaps we should just head up to the roof?

Remind me again, did the Department Store have a Fire Escape? And if it did, does it extend to the roof? Otherwise, I would like to go to the third floor and find the roof access.

Hmmm...National Guard. I hope these ones are better than the usual brutes the government uses. Still, atleast we have some trigger happy Americans that will blast the Soviets to hell given a chance.

I'm happy to go where the majority wants.

On Mrs Jeffersons death, I doubt we will find the killer by searching her residence. I doubt there was any major grudge against her either. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The knife was clearly aimed at the major. (Well, from my point of view it was, and killer the mayor would make sense) Its not that I don't want to find the killer, it's just I would rather find them all rather than looking for a knife thrower with bad aim.

So we're once again leaving the Town Hall improperly searched? We've still to make it to the roof-top, haven't we?

But fine, I'm content with the plan so far. So long as we make it back to the Town Hall to finish the search. I hate leaving things unfinished.

Now, can we get a refresher of this area please? If we've been here before perhaps we should just head up to the roof?

Here's a picture from earlier:

img_0278n.jpg

Remind me again, did the Department Store have a Fire Escape? And if it did, does it extend to the roof? Otherwise, I would like to go to the third floor and find the roof access.

There is no fire escape. Mayor Bradford strides into the Department Store, and reaches the third floor. There is no roof access from the third floor.

National guard troops sent in! You guys really take communists seriously!

No roof access in the department store. So how does anyone get on the roof? A really tall ladder would draw some attention. Would it be possible that Mrs. Jefferson was on another roof before she was taken to the roof of the department building?

Was the store or any neighboring buildings undergoing renovations when Mrs. Jefferson died?

Do any of the neighboring buildings have fire escapes or roof access?

There's always a way to do it. No matter how crazy it is.

I would like to climb my way to the top using the window sills, balconies, anything to get ther.e

There's always a way to do it. No matter how crazy it is.

I would like to climb my way to the top using the window sills, balconies, anything to get ther.e