Classification: Dauntless Class

Name: 'I.S.S. Dragon Knight'

dragonknight13.png

dragonknight1.png

dragonknight2.png

dragonknight3.png

Forward torpedo bay.

dragonknight4.png

Forward torpedo bay, torpedo storage and 2 anti fighter/missle cannons.

dragonknight5.png

Anti fighter/missle cannons, forward escape pods.

dragonknight6.png

Bilge rat bunk room with toilet and shower.

dragonknight7.png

Bunk room.

dragonknight8.png

Water reclimation and purification.

dragonknight9.png

Machinery of some kind that must be usefull for something çause it's in the ship.....

dragonknight10.png

Galley and mess.

dragonknight11.png

Junior officers rooms and infermary.

dragonknight12.png

Aft mine laying.

dragonknight14.png

Aft flight deck, lifeboats and engines.

Howie.png

Captain of the I.S.S. Dragon Knight, Cpt. Howie Witzer.

crew.png

Crew of the Dragon Knight.

From left to right: Mechanic, Medic, Technician, Gunner and Soldier.

deckcrew.png

Flight deck crew.

officers.png

Officers and the Captain..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was planning on posting the ship when it was done..

But..

Well...

Current brick count is roughly 23.000, so open the lxf at your own peril.

My 'puter is having trouble, i'll try to finish it, but i don't think my pc will be able to handle it so i'm posting the parts that are done.

Maybe someone, somewhere with a better pc wants to finish it, maybe i'll get a better pc sometime next year to finish it.

But for now, well, LDD breaks down on me every time i load the model, so this is as far as i am able to go, sadly.

Hope you guys and galls like it though, took me a couple of weeks to get this far :grin:

The LXF.. as i said.. 23.000 brick count, open at your own risk :wink:

http://www.brickshel...tless_class.lxf

(Brickshelf, pat. pending)

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Wow, that's one massive LDD creation BasOne! Great work on this one, it must've taken you quite some time and lots of effort just to finish this one (23,000+ parts!) :thumbup:

This is an incredible creation. I can't imagine what the cost would be to build this through DesignByMe. The outside of the ship is fantastic with the turrets and detailing, but then when you show the interior, it is mind-blowing. The fact that you've incorporated not only rooms, but rooms large enough that they could be feasible such as the crew quarters and the mess. Simply amazing. I think you should take a collection, build this, and invite everyone over to play!

This is an incredible creation. I can't imagine what the cost would be to build this through DesignByMe. The outside of the ship is fantastic with the turrets and detailing, but then when you show the interior, it is mind-blowing. The fact that you've incorporated not only rooms, but rooms large enough that they could be feasible such as the crew quarters and the mess. Simply amazing. I think you should take a collection, build this, and invite everyone over to play!

:laugh:

Thanks guys, but it's not even finished yet :tongue:

I was thinking of doing the upper decks in a seperate file, maybe.. perhaps..

A lot of the bricks incorporated arn't in real colours, that's what i like about LDDU, make something in the colours YOU want.

Building this RL, yikes... it's allready at 23,500 bricks someone got a garage or shed for hire and a big bankaccount :laugh:

:laugh:

Thanks guys, but it's not even finished yet :tongue:

I was thinking of doing the upper decks in a seperate file, maybe.. perhaps..

A lot of the bricks incorporated arn't in real colours, that's what i like about LDDU, make something in the colours YOU want.

Building this RL, yikes... it's allready at 23,500 bricks someone got a garage or shed for hire and a big bankaccount :laugh:

I find that once you get up in the 25,000 brick arena, the limitations become more about the program and less about your computer hardware. Once I realize that I'm getting close, I usually start branching, and build empty and detailed versions of each room. Then I can assemble the finished ship empty, and hope that performance improvements or new hardware will someday allow me to build the full detailed work.

Some examples:

Fletcher Class Destroyer

At 369 studs long, this ship can have full detailed interiors.

Cleveland Class Light Cruiser

Its big brother (563 studs), however, is exterior only, though there are full interior versions for each section of the ship.

I find that once you get up in the 25,000 brick arena, the limitations become more about the program and less about your computer hardware. Once I realize that I'm getting close, I usually start branching, and build empty and detailed versions of each room. Then I can assemble the finished ship empty, and hope that performance improvements or new hardware will someday allow me to build the full detailed work.

Some examples:

Fletcher Class Destroyer

At 369 studs long, this ship can have full detailed interiors.

Cleveland Class Light Cruiser

Its big brother (563 studs), however, is exterior only, though there are full interior versions for each section of the ship.

Not a bad idea, might try that.

And Nice ships :grin:

Now that is seriously impressive! Looks exactly like one of those huge space crafts from popular Sci-Fi movies. Really good-looking. :thumbup:

And it's even got an interior! Which is very nice, by the way. How long did it take you to build that thing? I'm curious.

Do you plan on building it for real in the near future? I definitely would sometime. :classic:

Edited by Enpaz

Now that is seriously impressive! Looks exactly like one of those huge space crafts from popular Sci-Fi movies. Really good-looking. :thumbup:

And it's even got an interior! Which is very nice, by the way. How long did it take you to build that thing? I'm curious.

Do you plan on building it for real in the near future? I definitely would sometime. :classic:

How long did it take.. hmm really no idea, a couple of weeks a couple of hours a day...

And building it.. i'd like to, but i'm afraid i don't have the space or the bricks (or the cash to buy all the bricks :tongue: ), but i don't doubt that i'd give it a shot, maybe a smaller vessel along similar lines.

I want to finish the LDD version first, just trying to figure out how i'll go about it, in the meantime stay tuned for other projects :laugh: