Zepher

Eurodina - Conclusion

EurodinaLogo.jpg

Conclusion

DSCN0002.jpg

"And, as the new authority in town, I hereby decree your death."

WHAP

DSCN0003.jpg

"Well, that ties just about everything up, doesn't it Mrs. Keen? Though, I have to wonder why we didn't win when we outnumbered him yesterday day?"

Yeah... haha weird..."

"Do you have something that you'd like to tell me?"

DSCN0004.jpg

"YES! LOOK AT THE SENATOR!"

DSCN0006.jpg

"Stay back foul Noodles! I took this sword from the steps of the Police Station, and I am NOT afraid to use it! Also, I have a pistol, which I'm very good with."

"I think this ax has more than proved it's worth. However, I wouldn't mind striking a deal with you Senator."

"I think you should turn around, Mr. Hollis."

DSCN0007.jpg

"MWAHAHAHA die Noodles scum!"

DSCN0008.jpg

The dagger was smashed out of Mrs. Keen's hand when the side of the ax connected with it. Mr. Hollis stood in shock. "Why?" he asked.

"Because your megablocking leader Ari Jay had me kill my own daughter, that's why!" screamed Susan. "And I can kill you too!"

"Sorry, but I'm a paranoid gun owner, and I kill anyone who tries to kill me during the night. Funnily enough, if you had teamed up with Ron and voted me off, you would have won. Oh well, see ya."

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0011.jpg

"So what now?"

"Let's go get a drink. I hear the Detective is back in town."

DSCN0012.jpg

WINNERS

Detective Quarry Mann - Neutral

Officer Abe Hollis - Noodles

I have so many thoughts to share... tomorrow. I like to let the players share all their stuff first. For now, do whatever you please, and thanks for a great game. It was up in the air pretty much the whole time as to who was going to win! And Merry Christmas!

-Senator Zephington and Senator Constance

Congrats to ADH015, and Mr. Quarry Mann.

To follow the timeline and correct a few misconceptions.

I was converted on Day 6, and I think Stash ratted me out Day 7. I had no abilities, the mob boss was lynched that day, and I was left goofing with Alice. Up to that point, I was playing for town.

Someone said I had a vest, and I never did. Someone also said I was neutral, and I never was. But I was "dead", so I couldn't correct that. And I really enjoyed picking on everyone :classic:

I was doing so well, too.

I was the undercover police officer, hoping to be recruited by a scum. Only Dragonator knew my role. I flew under the radar for much of the game, but I was tragically killed.

There's not much else to say from my end, as I wasn't converted like I had hoped.

It was a fun experience, I enjoyed it. Good job hosting!

What?! I need to re-read that a few more times! :wacko:

Thanks for letting me play, Zepher! I can't believe I won! What a great Christmas pressie! :tongue:

Congratulations to Quarryman too!

What great fun. Congrats Zepher for hosting this really entertaning and gripping mafia game. :thumbup: Its a shame I got some flu buggy thing so I wasn't that active in the later stages of my life, but oh well. :thumbdown: I am going to ask again. Who killed me? :tongue: I really want to know where I made mistakes.

EDIT: Oh yes, I wanted to say, ADHO15! I knew you were evil! :grin: I can never trust you. Shame I really couldn't find any evidence, or blocked you. I don't know why I ever thought of that really. Too busy blocking others I guess.

I confess, Walter Kovacs had me thinking he was town after the first pm he sent me. I can't believe I was so naive. :hmpf: Never give me night actions. Its a bad move, I always give them away! :blush:

Edited by The crazy one

WARNING: This post is PM heavy. Some PM’s have been edited to protect the innocent. :laugh:

Firstly, great game Zepher, it was great fun to play the pompus mayor! Hope it didn't get on anyones nerves too much! :tongue:

Second, third and fourthly, I need to send out some salutations. Congrats Quarryman! You deserve that win; you were a good ally! :thumbup: ADHO, well played, I never new you were scum till Fugazi betrayed (?) you! Well played! And Fugazi, what can I say, the double crosser who betrayed the Noodles, was actually betraying the town, but still tried to betray the Noodles. Well, I think thats what you did, bit hard to tell! :tongue:

Me and Zepher

Here is my role PM from Zepher:

Please confirm you got this in the thread.

001-6.jpg

Mayor Flint Wick (Governor) (professor flitwick)

You are the governor of Eurodina, a town that you have lived in since birth. You are good friends with the chief of police, who has given you a bullet proof jacket. You think that you have been hearing reports of an anarchist who is out to take your life. You must put a stop to that. Your secretary is also someone you trust entirely.

Alliance

-Town.

Actions and Abilities:

-You have a bullet proof jacket on at all times. You cannot be killed during the night. If NAME dies you lose your jacket, as he is the provider.

-You are unconvertible.

-You may save someone from lynching (including yourself) after they have been voted out. You may only do this 2 times in the game.

As you can see, I knew two townies from the start: Dragonator, and badboytje88. I decided I wouldn’t contact them right away; One of them could be converted, or not have got the same message in the pm, and thus would think I was lying, and would tell the entire town. Unfortunately badboy was one of the first to go, so I felt I an ally. Luckily Roncantor took care of that, some time during the third day. He question me on how I knew Rick (likely due to

Me and Roncantor, conversation 1

We talked about how I ‘knew’ Rick (sorry Roncantor, I think you put a little too much stock into my post :tongue: ).

At the start of the third night I was approached by him again, and was asked if I knew of an investigator. I told him I didn’t know one; he was the first person to contact me. He told me he thought he had found a scum. Naturally my suspicions where raised, so I responded by saying I’d tell the town he approached me, asked who the investigator was, and just left the vauge statement of ‘I think I’ve found a scum’. He told me to calm down, and that he suspected Gen. I foolishly threw my suspicions aside.

I then contacted Ron several days later, to discuss the Stash vs. Sandy debate. I wasn’t to keen on Roncantor-the-investigator-wanter as an ally, and longed for another to discuss with. Luckily Dragonator contacted me!

Me and Dragonator

He warned me that I was in grand danger, and that his PM did indeed tell him he should trust me. I knew I could trust him; he wore the badge saying ‘I love my town’ – which I took to mean he was unconvertible. He told me how Shaun Dows/Shadows wants me dead, telling me he just needed to kill all government members, hence why I pursued him so in the seventh day lynching.

Me and ADHO15, Quarryman, Inconspcious and Dragonator

Taking on the words of Dragonator, I contacted all the members of Eurodina’s ‘government’; I needed to make sure Shadows didn’t get me first, and to do that, I needed to make sure I convicted him that day. I knew me and Dragonator alone could do anything, so I sent this PM to Quarryman, ADHO15 and Inconspicuous (Eurodina’s law-enforcement (at that time :laugh: )), in order to rake in more support in the day thread.

I have forwarded this to every other member of the Eurodinia law enforcement.

I realise how foolish this must seem, but drastic measures call for consequences. And yes, that does include taking the word of a convicted Scummy, and risking informing someone who may have already been converted, here among us, in to my plan.

As I have mentioned in the day thread I have a trusted ally, who has said they know the what Prof. Shaun Dows is a neutral, and spells death for all of us in the government. I for some reason or another we all die, then the town has had it, we'd be dead in the water. I need you all to side with me on this debate; the towns lives debate on it.

Any questions?

I was right to be cautious; one of us had been converted before the end. But I stand by what I did; I needed allies, and I needed Shadows dead. I got both!

After a successful conviction of Shaun/Shadows, we moved on to the Ronzoni, Dick/def. Unfortunately, we lost both Dragonator and Quarryman after our second good lynch. Regardless, Inconspicuous, ADHO15 and I soldiered on, and worked to help convicted another Ronzoni, Alice. Then later it was just ADHO and I, and the idea well grew dry, but Fugazi later approached me (continues after I’ve talked about several other conversations).

Me and Shadows

1. I wasn't told to kill you, I was told to kill "The Governor" and all of the cops. I don't know who the governor even is, but when I wrote for clarification I was told that it isn't you. That said, I can understand your concern.

2. I really was supposed to find who killed my brother, and I was told it was a drunk driving accident that had been covered up. It's why I keep stressing that the chief is a drunk, I've been told by an investigator that it was him, and I've been trying to trigger his death. It's the only death I'm supposed to be able to directly cause, but it hasn't worked.

3. Detective Mann killed the Kung Pho master as I said in the day discussion. He was supposed to be killing either iamded or eskallon and doesn't know why it killed someone else instead (but the opening does mention his being surprised that someone else showed up). I can only assume that Jimbee was a protector of some kind and died for it.

1. The Governor is Zephers character, ala Professor McGonagal/Sandy in Hogwarts Mafia. :wink:

2. Well, if your telling the truth I'm sorry. Sandy's lead seemed to have the most 'truth' behind it.

3. So, it would appear there is indeed a vigilante in this town.

I honestly though Zepher’s character was the Governor, so imagine my surprise and relief when I found out that I was the Governor, when Shadows was dead.

Me and Fugazi

Hi Prof Flitwick

Please read this carefully, the only chance this town has of winning the game depends on you following my instructions to the letter.

I am neutral, and part of the Night Watch (I can see anyone who targets me at night). My win condition is to survive with the town. If the Noodles win, I will lose regardless of my being alive. The only reason I made it this far is that ironically I was ‘protected’ by the Noodles. They tried to recruit me and failed (because they can’t convert a neutral), but my ability made me aware of the name of the recruiter and they had to keep me silent. However they are not aware of my win condition. I couldn’t betray them earlier, because they would have killed me instantly. Besides, I didn’t know who they all were. It took me some time, but now I know exactly who they are, and it is time for me to act in order to help the town.

Now to the point of my message: there are 6 townies left, 4 Noodles and a neutral (me). The Noodles have two killers, so the only way for the town to keep afloat is to vote off 2 of the 4 during the next day. The Noodles have 4 votes and I may have to support them today in order to stay alive. So by the end of the day, there will likely be 5 townies and 2 Noodles left. I don’t know who their 2 killers are, but if we’re lucky they will only have one kill action left tonight, maybe none. Tomorrow you will be able to vote off the remaining 2 Noodles and finish this game.

So I will give you the name of a Noodle, and will contact 2 other townies with the same information. I will contact the remaining 3 townies with the same message and another Noodle name. If, and only if you vote for this name will the town stand any chance to win the game. I hope you realize that if the 2 Noodles I will betray today are not killed, the game will be over as the Noodles will outnumber the townies by tomorrow.

Also, by all means DON’T MENTION YOU HAVE RECEIVED OUTSIDE INFORMATION, or I may not be able to help you tomorrow. Make up any reason to vote this person out, or no reason at all. Don’t change your vote, don’t argue. Don’t reply if you are challenged (don’t forget to post at least twice though!). Don’t contact anyone else about this information. Trust the 2 townies who will vote for the same person as you. There will be attempts to mislead you, don’t believe any new ‘evidence’ presented by Walter, which will be false. And if you happen to be neutral too and not townie, please let me know. The main reason why I don’t give you all the names up front is that I don’t want any arguing about which of the Noodles to vote out first, and risk that less than 2 are voted out at the end of the day. The other reason is that I want you to allow me to stay alive of course!

I know I’m asking a lot of you, and one of you will likely be voted out by the scum. But if you don’t vote off two Noodles today, you (and I) will all be dead anyway. If all goes well, tomorrow you will be able to vote out the remaining two Noodles. Good luck to us all.

The Noodle name you will need to vote out is: Roncanator

The other two townies that have received the same information are: Admiral Ron, Minxter

I shall sum up the rest of my multipage conversation with Fugazi, in the from of bullet points.

• I trusted him from the start, having previously told the scum ADHO that I was losing interested, what with our lack of leads. Fugazi send me this pm in return (one of only few I’ll post, I promise!):

One more thing... I know you would like to trust Walter, but don't. Consider this:

It looks like flitwick has given up the fight already. ADHO just saw this PM in a differnt conversation he's a part of.
    I honestly don't know, or care, any more. Might as well just vote off me, you and Walter, call it a day and let them rename it Noodlesvile.
    I thought that was quite funny.
    I hindsight I should have realised he was in close communications with the Noodles, how else could he have gotten the message, and still of understood the 'irony' of what I said. Unfortunetly, I dismissed it entirely.
  • He told me we were voting for the ones most likely to be the scum killers.
  • Fugazi told me how they were angry with me, and that I would be in grave danger during the night. Guess he was right! :tongue:
  • He told me all the names of the remaining Noodles.
  • I told him I planned on using my night action to try and save both Admiral Ron and bendybadger. Unfortunately I could only save one, so I picked Admiral Ron; I only wanted to save bendybadger so I could build up the amount of the townies. :sceptic:

And thus ends our conversation, what with my death! :laugh:

Me and Roncantor, conversation 2

It started one day after my conversation with Fugazi, and took play after the voting had started. This had over five pages worth of quotes, so I’ll sum up the main points.

• Asked me why I had voted for him, why I took Admiral Ron’s word over his.
  • I told him he had forgotten I could override votes, and that I would override his. I told him I was feeding Minxter and Admiral Ron some story about how ‘I was a neutral’, and how ‘I was voting with them to find out if they were innocents with wrong information’, or ‘Noodles, who I could reveal to the entire town’.
  • He said how he was considering voting for both Ron, Fugazi, Walter and bendy. I told him I was only 50% sure about Fugazi, Ron and bendy, and said he should for Walter. He replied back saying he still wasn’t sure. I was told I thought that Walter had been converted, and told him that Gen, JohnPaul and the waiters felt so too. I also said that I would still go ahead with my ‘tricking waiters’ plan, and that I would not save him for lynching; wasting his vote on someone would make me question his usefulness, and thus I would have to reconsider wasting my N/A on him.
  • He told me I could just vote Walter, and I told him I couldn’t; I need to find out the allegiances of the waiters.
  • I tried to convince him that the others would think him invincible when they find him alive and well in the morning, and thus not vote for him again. I said this to sway him into betraying Walter, as he could win this game.
  • He said he would out me ‘as the scum that I am’. This actually worked out fine, because I needed to change my vote to Walter anyway; bendybadger wasn’t anywhere close to voting.
  • Bendy finally voted Walter, so I changed back to Roncantor, telling him it was to obtain information.
  • He tried to get me to vote for Admiral Ron, saying with his double votes, we could get a conviction with just the two of us. I said no, saying I didn’t like spilling the blood of innocents, and that what I said after Cralegoboy’s death was just a cover.
  • I told him I was going to sleep, and that I would speak to him in the morning. I sent him a message, thanking him for postponing the closure of the day thread by unvoting, and that I couldn’t possibly consider letting him just die.
  • Roncantor asked me why the waiters were pursuing him so much. I said how Admiral Ron could be a paranoid investigator, and that he could be responsible for the deaths of more townies due to his dodgy investigator results. Of course, stupid old Professor Flitwick could never put two and two together, and find out that Roncantor was infact a Noodle, and that the waiters were infact innocent. :devil:
  • Luckly, they decided to lynch Admiral Ron, allowing me to save him thanks to my night action!
  • I told Roncantor that my N/A only works if I’m alive in the morning. Of course, that was a lie, but I tried (and failed :sad: ) to try hint to Roncantor to tell his Noodle friends to kill someone else besides me. Didn’t quite work out the way I planned, but whatever!

If anybody wants me to include/take out pms, they have only to ask/edit my post (if a moderator :tongue: ).

"Because your megablocking leader Ari Jay had me kill my own daughter, that's why!"

Oh. :blush:

I can't even remember how we came to that decision. If we had switched kills that night then all of us would have probably won. Still, with the amount of things going right something was bound to mess things up eventually.

Here's my Role:

Please confirm you got this in the discussion thread.

Mr. Ari Jay (Mortician) (Lord Arjay)

You are the mortician of the town of Eurodina, but you are more than just that. You are the youngest and least known of the Godfathers in Eurodina. For that reason, you have a few perks that the others don’t have, and a few weaknesses. You will not turn up as innocent as the others will, though you know they will, but also your existence is unknown to the town. You are the Godfather of the Noodles family, using a false name here, of course. Your entire family has been killed in recent mob wars and police actions, and you are recruiting. Also, know that you are the only one who is a aware of all the members of your family (once converted they will only know you converted them, not the whole operation). It is up to you to decide if you want to tell your new converted members who their allies are.

Alliance

- Noodles Family

Actions and Abilities:

- You have a bullet proof jacket on at all times. You cannot be killed during the night. If Stash dies you lose your jacket, as he is the provider.

-You are trying to convert people in the town to your cause. On Night 1 you will convert your killer, and night 3 you will convert your investigator. After that you will convert another member every odd night, which will retain any abilities and actions they already have. If you are stopped from converting you may do so the next night instead. You will not be able to convert members of the other families.

I also inherited any abilities of dead family members.

As you can see, I wasn't investigation immune which was annoying considering that the noodles survival rested on my converting ability. I hope that explains why there wasn't a convert nightly. The noodles were converted in this order:

Night 1 - JimButcher

Night 3 - Walter Kovacs

Night 5 - Iamded

Night 7 - Fugazi

Night 9 - Roncanator

Night 11 - ADHO

Hewkii was the original vigilante, a role that passed onto Fugazi who then told Walter all about it. Biggest mistake for us was probably converting iamded (sorry) who turned out to be on Quarry's hit-list. That one was kind of a rush when we should have been prepared for the nights conversion. Apart from that our individual mistakes weren't big enough to be picked up on. We would have had it in the bag were it not for that traitor Fugazi!

I'll give more in-depth thoughts later.

[*] I told Roncantor that my N/A only works if I’m alive in the morning. Of course, that was a lie, but I tried (and failed :sad: ) to try hint to Roncantor to tell his Noodle friends to kill someone else besides me. Didn’t quite work out the way I planned, but whatever!

Oh it did work. He did try and convince us to keep you around. We just didn't listen. :tongue:

Here was my role.

"Chef Kevin Juan (Chef) (The Crazy One)

You work at the Salty Seafood Restaurant under Mr. Frank White. You are very loyal to the town, and have lived here all your life. When things start to get funky into, you decided to stop the movement of certain people you do not think have the town’s best interests at heart. You have only told the waiter, and your best friend, Ron Adie about your plans.

Alliance

-Town.

Actions and Abilities:

-You may prevent one person each night from doing their intended action."

As you know, I am the useless blocker! Basically. It was new territory for me. I had never be given night actions of such importance before. I started carefully, blocking people to see the effects. What irritates mr is the people I blocked sometimes where mafia but had an off night and did nothing! :laugh:

These are the people that learnt of my ability and I PMed.

Admiral Ron

Roncantor

Walter Kovacs

Def

I only really gave away info to Ron and Walter. I have to congratulate Wlater on drawing me in so easily. Damn my foolishness! :blush:

Then I got flu and promptly stopped participating and died. Oh dear.

There's not much else to say from my end, as I wasn't converted like I had hoped.

I, on the contrary, was minding my own neutral business when I was thrown into the frying pan with the rest of the Noodles. :tongue: Not the best addition, what with bringing nothing to the table, and actually requiring protection every night. :grin: Here's my role, for those interested:

Ian Deed (Biker) (iamded)

You are a Biker in Eurodina, but have not always been. Not too long ago, you were an assassin for hire, and hired you were, often. However, after a while you decided to settle down, having amassed quite a lot of money. Now you hear that a man who you killed for the Godfather of the Fedelini family is tracking you and the other assassin you worked with (Erwin Long) down. You do not know the name of the Fedelini Godfather.

Alliance

-Impartial.

Actions and Abilities:

-None.

And of course, congratulations to ADHO15 and Quarryman, and kudos to our host Zepher! :thumbup:

Great game, all of you. One of the best experiences I've had on EB. Really well put together, Zepher, even if there were a few technical and schedule difficulties. I still can;t imagine the amount of preparation it took to host a 40 player game.

About my game experience: As said, I was (thankfully) converted on Night 1 by Arjay, and became the Noodles hitman. I also had the ability to protect, though I didn't know it was harmful at the time.

On the night of my death, I decided to protect iamded, who was a Noodle by that time. What I didn't know, and what I wasn't told in my role PM (on purpose I'm assuming) is that I wasn't actually a protector, but a Bodyguard. Which means, for those of you who don't already know, that if I protect someone and they're targeted, I die instead. So Quarry attacked iamded, but I died instead. Oh, well, I heard word from Walter that I was already a suspect due to my recklessness.

Once we found out about the Night Watch, we recruited them immediately, starting with Walter. Lucky for us, he got investigator and watch powers, and was a powerful asset. After that, iamded. and then Fugazi on the night I died. ]

Congrats to the winners, I would say that Quarry was smart to not use his night action until he knew his targets for winning. And ADHO, well played as well, except I would also say that you are extremely lucky. Starting somewhere around Night 5 I pushed the Noodles to kill you, but I guess you ended up being converted down the line.

By the way, the thing that I noticed a few days ago was that in the banner in every day thread, the middle dark figure (the dark figures represent the three Godfathers) is wearing Ari Jay's mortician robe. Coincidence, or not?

Finally, my thoughts on the game itself. For being put on the spot (hosting right away), I'd say you did an excellent job, Zepher, especially with forty roles and advanced game mechanics. A few things I would not like to see in the future though, are so many roles so that the game takes a while to finish, and not starting the Godfathers out alone with only an every-other-night recruit. It was extremely difficult for any family to win, and it's a good thing that the Noodles stayed hidden for so long.

I did like how the town was given an advantage, the Night Watch. It did even things out a bit more in terms of town abilities (not numbers).

...and that's all I have for now, will read through other comments.

Congratulations to the winners! And although he was not a winner, I would like to congratulate Capt.JohnPaul for making it that long through the game!

I loved playing the stuttering cop who nobody believed/liked. :tongue: I had no night actions.

Congrats to the winners, after all the big name players died we really hit a rough patch, I wonder how long I coul've gone if I didn't freak out?...

Paranoid gun owner? default_hmpf.gifdefault_tong.gif

What a game! First of all, I have to tell my ex-fellow Noodles that I'm terribly sorry for betraying all of you, it was the most difficult thing to do and I was about this far from abandoning every hope when I became insane, just call it a day and help the Noodles win without me being able to reap the rewards. But I saw a slim chance to pull it off so decided to play the game and I tried desperately to make it work. The Noodles deserved to win the game as a full team, they worked so hard day after day to chip away at the overwhelming townie numbers, and they did such a great job of making themselves bullet proof. Sorry again, Arjay, Walter, and Roncanator, without me you would have made it to the end.

All in all, it was a terrific game but a very frustrating experience to be denied victory twice when I was so close. First as a Noodle just a day before we would have won without any doubt. Then as an insane serial killer after working so hard to pit everyone against each other so that no one would survive in the end. But it was a great learning experience as my first official mafia game. I'm looking forward to more!

Zepher, I do have a question. Did I really become insane because I killed my own daughter, or rather because I reached a predetermined number of night kills? Just curious!

Good game ADHO and Quarryman! And thanks again Zepher for letting me play! Here is my role:

Ron Adie (Waiter) (Admiral Ron)

You work at the Salty Seafood Restaurant under Mr. Frank White. You are very loyal to the town, and have lived here all your life. Your best friend, Kevin Juan, the chef, has started to block people at night. He has asked you to help him if anything happen to him.

Alliance

-Town.

Actions and Abilities:

-If NAME dies, you may prevent one person each night from doing their intended action.

Let me just say, I am really surprised to have been the last townie standing! As for my perspective of the game...

The only time I was (seemingly) useful was when I accidently killed off Legonator because of crazy one's death. After I made that horrible mistake, I tried to hang low until I get some clues, which wasnt going very well until Fugazi came along saying that he was going to save us, and I believed him, especially after the conviction of those first two Noodle members. This made me trust him even more, even more so after the next 2 Noodles were convicted. I had no idea I was being manipulated until after the voting today. I even tried to block ADHO that evening, and was successful, but it could not save me. And so my fellow townies, I am sorry to have failed you at the very end of it all! And again, thank you Zepher for letting me play, it was great fun and I did pretty well for my first mafia game here on EB.

Excellent ending to an excellent game!

I have to congratulate the other Noodles for making it so far through the game without being very suspect. Especially Arjay considering the other godfathers were ratted out really fast. Im glad one of us won it. Though im still confused about the whole ending with fugazi though. Can we have more of an explanation on that please? I think I was converted on day 5, 6 or 7. It was about the time where they were building up steam and I came in just as things were starting to pick up.

I think some of the rules you introduced later in the game should've been implemented right from the beginning. The game really worked out well in the end but it was the middle were it was the same people posting and no one else was contributing. I think that really made some people frustrated (Stash, myself and Sok). I cant wait to her what Stash has to say about this. It seemed like he was losing his mind.

The second to last day was really confusing. Just post with votes and unvotes. Though at that time in the game they didnt really need to have big arguments. I think everyone knew who the scum was it was just getting them which was the trouble.

Anways here's my character message

Mr. Ron Canter (Roncanator)

You are a well to do man because you illegally lend people money. Because you lend money to so many people you have quite a pull in the town and are able to vote twice. This works simply as the governor will count your vote twice. You also are aware of the other two sleaze-bags in town, Sean and Stash. You know that the first doesn’t care about the town and his only goal is to survive, and that the second is illegally selling people bullet proof jackets. Since they know about your position and you know theirs, you have decided to try to work together to stay alive.

Alliance

-Town.

Actions and Abilities:

-Your votes will be counted as two.

I could not understand why NO ONE knew I was the double voter! I even said it in the day thread but Admiral Ron still questioned Zepher's counting skills. :hmpf: I thought I was screwed cause being in a different time zone I always voted at the wrong times which was right after a vote tally. Though I didnt want to say anything when people said its meant to be 11 when it was 12 cause I thought it was pretty obvious it was me defending myself.

Zepher most days were action packed and you got them out so quick we didnt have to wait long for the next day. It was superb. Thanks so much for the part :sweet:

Paranoid gun owner? default_hmpf.gifdefault_tong.gif

Crime never pays. You learned the hard way. :devil:

Congrats to the Noodles (well, at least the one remaining) and Quarryman for a well-played game.

I was a town protector. My night action was inherited by brickme after I got axed. Too bad I got killed off so early, but someone's gotta go early I guess.

Okay. Thanks everyone for the congratulations and for making this such a fun game to play. There were some real characters amongst us!

A massive thanks to Zepher too, of course, for hosting this great game! It was a great game and turned out really well... for me at least!

Here's my part:

Please confirm you got this in the sign in thread.

Police Man Abe Hollis (Police) (ADHO15)

You are a police man for the town. You are highly loyal to the chief of police and his mission to rid the town of scum. You do not trust anyone in the town and are almost certain there is a mole in the police department.

Alliance

-Town.

Actions and Abilities:

-None.

I had no abilities and wasn't much use to anyone. I played my part of being the Chief's admirer when I was a townie, up until his tragic death! You can see that I knew there was a twisted cop within the Force and tried to warn people of this quickly. Luckily, we got Carrie soon after and 'my work was done'.

I didn't have much to do during the rest of the game. I was involved in the conversations with the other public servants when we learned of Shaun's plan to kill us all.

I was converted by Lord Arjay and welcomed into the Noodle family late on in the game, just before the group started to fall apart. Everyone had a night action, a plan and were trusted by townies. I was very happy with this and thought I'd been converted just in time for their victory! Then things started to go wrong... Our population declined, but we still matched the townies numbers. Arjay tried to convert some people, but Capt.JohnPaul was having none of it! Admiral Ron, however, seemed to want join us, so I told Arjay to promise him a conversion that night if he voted with us. It worked and we voted off two more townies, but our Godfather went as well. Fugazi was instructed to kill Admiral Ron that night (never trust a Noodle!) leaving us victory the next day.

Unfortunately, that didn't come and we (I) were left clueless as to why. I assumed that there was a representitive of each faction still in play: a Noodle, a townie and a neutral. We also thought that Zepher might be counted as a townie and so things were still even.

You traitor, Fugazi! I've no idea how I survived. I was sure I was dead when I saw Mrs. Keen with her knife. I didn't know I was a 'paranoid gun owner'!

Hope that answered some questions about me! :sweet:

Admiral Ron, however, seemed to want join us, so I told Arjay to promise him a conversion that night if he voted with us. It worked and we voted off two more townies, but our Godfather went as well. Fugazi was instructed to kill Admiral Ron that night (never trust a Noodle!) leaving us victory the next day.

Interesting about that, Fugazi told me to lie to you about that, which I did, I was trying to keep myself alive, and I blocked you that night, knowing I wasnt going to be converted. I did what I could for the town, but you all were just too cunning!

Yay! And congratulations to my fellow winner ADHO15 :thumbup:

Thanks to Zepher for hosting, I have a few somewhat harsh things to say, but more about those later in the post.

Don't think I'll bother posting my role PM, as everyone should know by now that I was neutral. However, I'd like to point out that my ability to night-kill was limited to three kills, due to needing to kill WhiteFang, iamded and Eskallon. Luckily WhiteFang was convicted instead, so I didn't end up with a more difficult situation when one of my kills was wasted on JimButcher.

Being neutral was a completely new experience to me, and I loved it, was prepared to backstab anyone on a moment's notice... :devil: What I didn't like about it though, was that I had no incentive to participate, my primary objective being survival until I knew who to kill. So I tried to fly below the radar as much as I could, not sure how well I succeeded though :laugh:

Congrats to the winners, I would say that Quarry was smart to not use his night action until he knew his targets for winning.

Which I only knew because iamded simply told me that he and Eskallon were the ones I needed to kill, more luck than I deserved I think :laugh:

Now, the harsh bit.

First of all I'd like to say that this game proves beyond a doubt that a behemoth sized game (40+ players) can't be run with standard mechanics, it just doesn't work.

Secondly, I found it ridiculous that I was removed from the game after I completed my objective, sure it's fine to get a cheap win for once, but it's an unfair advantage over all the other players, so other hosts should take notes.

Third, there were way too many neutrals, and too few scum at the start, starting out with just the Godfather is too harsh and makes the scum's job close to impossible, as we saw with WhiteFang who never managed to convict anyone.

And, the primary thing that bothered me, way too few deaths, there should have been something like four deaths every night, weren't there any regular vigilantes?

Now, the harsh bit.

I agree with those points. It made the game move at a painstakingly slow pace at least until half way through the game. The final days, with fewer remaining players, proved to be much more interesting.

And yes Quarryman, you were one lucky bastard... :devil:

Well, that explains things. I never thought killing Sirius would have had such a negative impact.

I'll need to grab some PMs, so I'll edit this in a minute, but I have to say that this game was a lot of fun. Congratulations to Quarryman and ADHO.

I said earlier that I made one huge mistake. That was on Day 5, accusing WhiteFang the way I did. It lead to too many unanswerable questions at teh end of the game, like why I was still alive, and not converted. I could stall those questions for a while, but eventually it bit me in the behind.

Anyway, my profile:

Walter Kovacs (Student of Kung Pho) (Walter Kovacs)

You are the student of Jim Butcher. You are incredibly loyal to the town and your master, who you know for a fact you can trust. You are also a member of the Eurodina Night Watch, which is led by Carrie Price.

Alliance

-Town.

Actions and Abilities:

-As a member of Night Watch, you will see who targets you at night.

-As an important member you are able to investigate the actions of one member of the town each night.

I did manage to successfully investigate three people: Arjay, WhiteFang and The Crazy One. It's interesting uncovering a mob boss in the act, even more interesting when you are the target! :grin: And when the Night Watch ability kicks in, it becomes surreal. And then it happened twice, two nights in a row! :laugh:

Ari Jay was in fact out doing things last night. You found out that what he was doing was converting you. You are now a member of the Noodles Family. You may investigate someone each night and find their alliance, and you may ALSO use your old ability. You may use them on separate or the same person. Contact Arjay for more instructions.

Quarry - Impartial

WhiteFang - Out converting. Also, as a member of the night watch, you are aware that WhiteFang targetted you last night.

I guess my instincts were pretty good, considering I watched two of the mob bosses on successive nights. Especially that early in the game (Nights 3 and 4).

By the middle of the game, I was just trying to find Townies with potentially useful night actions, so that we could neutralize them or target them for conversion, so my lack of successes wasn't surprising. Or dishartening. :laugh:

EDIT: Oh yes, I wanted to say, ADHO15! I knew you were evil! :grin: I can never trust you. Shame I really couldn't find any evidence, or blocked you. I don't know why I ever thought of that really. Too busy blocking others I guess.

I confess, Walter Kovacs had me thinking he was town after the first pm he sent me. I can't believe I was so naive. :hmpf: Never give me night actions. Its a bad move, I always give them away! :blush:

Except that ADHO wasn't converted until Night 11! :laugh:

And, the primary thing that bothered me, way too few deaths, there should have been something like four deaths every night, weren't there any regular vigilantes?

Things could have been quite different, though. The vigilantes (Hewkii and later Fugazi) never tried to kill anyone until Night 7. WhiteFang never managed to convert anyone, so he never had a killer. And Sandy's killer got caught in the act on Night 2, then she got convicted Day 6. Had all three mafias and the Vigalante managed to be active, the game would have moved much faster.

Edited by Walter Kovacs

I seem to have deleted my role PM, but if Zepher could psot that I'd be msot grateful.

Until then, I was a Townie doctor. From what I recall, there wasn't much beeyond that, so I did a lot of improving. From that improving came a self-centered yet respectful man who was shaped by the events around him. He was also rather trusting (mainly due to his self-ceneterdness) which ultimetly lead to his death. He also seemed tof orget his last name, as it wavered from Leg to Lag throughout the game default_laugh_new.gif .

Looking back, Horace really never seemed to supply anything usefull, merely input bits of info that was or wasn't used- usually the former- and vote with the flow. The one PM conversation he had was with Mr. Adie... a conversation fated for the worst. I still believe that if that conversation had never existed, Horace would have survived at least two or three days longer, if not to the end.

And thus the conversation. Admiral Ron approached me, with this statment:

Good day' date=' I am not going to lie, I am innocent, and I believe you are innocent as well, so I feel we need to work together to help rid our town of Mafia. To be honest, I am suspecting Stash, twice now something has gone down in his store, and I was wondering what your opinion was on the matter.

Have a good day,

Ron [/quote']

To which I replied:

Thank goodness' date=' one less person I don't have to take a guess on.

Personally, Stash is definatly suspicious, but I'm leaning on Callie right now [/quote']

As of today' date=' so am I, but Callie said today that Stash is neutral, so we are going to have to deal with him later.

[/quote']

This was on October 7/8th, when Callie was still at large. Callie died, and- like I said in the game- I grew to believe we needed Stash alive, as what the Mafia would do would possibly reveal who they are. After that, Adie and Horace kept quiet untill I came back on November 27th with this, after Ron said he knew the blocker:

I'd thought you forgot about me!

I hate to probe' date=' but who would this blocker be? The more people I know are one my side the more safe I tend to feel [/quote']

The blocker is Kevin Juan. And I know he is innocent (unless he has been converted and i didnt know about it)

This was the last of our conversations, and after it came Jaun's unfortunate death. As known, this lead to some bad coincidences, and I was dead. Ironically enough, I never did go to check who was playing Jaun.

All right, my turn with the Role PM;

Mr. Craig Boy (Firefighter) (Cralegoboy)

You are a thoughtful and happy firefighter in the town of Eurodina. You are married to your lovely wife NAME, though she has seemed cold to you recently.

Alliance

-Town.

Actions and Abilities:

-None.

I had no night actions, which made me a rather weak character. Nevertheless, I somehow lasted for quite a while...

And to those who thought I was lying about being blocked that one night:

You were hit with a stone last night and spent the evening passed out.

It was a fun game, congratulations to the winners.

Sign in to follow this