Fugazi

2011 Alien Conquest

:blush: Merged threads to keep the discussion together.

As there wasn't a pinned I thought there wasn't a thread about the new sets. Continue gentlebeings :classic:

Yay! I knew it, there are different types. Great news. I like the alien with the elongated head and bulging eyes as well as the one in the mothership.

The alien in the defender set looks a bit different. I think we may have six different types of aliens, including the facehugger-like one.

This is perhaps the best sci-fi theme since I've started collecting on a major scale. :classic:

Edit: I just refreshed a page and it disappeared. The gallery seems to have been deleted, so it's too bad if you've missed out. Luckily, I was already on the image before I realised this, so they're saved now. :tongue:

Edited by Delta 38

Aliens are attacking earth and we decide to fight them in.... baby blue space suits!? What the heck!? :tongue:

That's what I thought too. I really hope they would've gone the Classic Space Route of different-coloured suits, but no dice...

That's what I thought too. I really hope they would've gone the Classic Space Route of different-coloured suits, but no dice...

Guess it was too expensive to mold them in the additional red, yellow and white colors. At least we can take the heads and helmets from these figs and put them on the 7914 Mandalorian bodies, should give them somewhat more of a military look. :wink:

But WOW! What a theme shaping up here, a worthy successor to SP3 imo... :thumbup::wub:

I do not get why everone and his mother is complaining about the human fracttion wearing regular classic old (boring?) BLUE? There's no sight of it being light-, baby-, dark- or whatever hue of blue. It fits the setting and sets off well against the alien faction. A little more variation would be welcome (subject to change -> prelim pics!) but for a first wave either factions colour-scheme is solid and appealing to the target audience (boys 7-12). There's definitely not a tingle on my "Jayko-meter" (and the brick gods know I've been down THAT road, but weren't we all? :-) ).

Come a second/third wave I suppose there'd be a strong potential of TLC pulling another "Atlantis-change" and add some new colours to the game.

Be well all!

Cutty

We're complaining because no self-respecting alien-destroying soldier would wear baby-blue in combat. :tongue:

A closer look at those sets makes me not want any of them now, oh well. But yeah, I'm not a 7-12 year old kid, that's the problem right there.

Edited by DrNightmare

'50's sci-fi B-movie : the theme

Will be buying the shit out of that tripod.

Did somebody say tripod ? *oh2*

Why didn't they call this 'War of the Worlds' ?

Looks like another old theme is being fused with new fresh or sometimes not so ! :wink:

Keep on fighting them aliens ! :alien:

KDog, I've uploaded them to here: http://www.mediafire...es662za8qdaa0ad

Includes Castle, and whatnot from the whole page he uploaded, excludes Hero Factory though.

Thanks so much, Sajer. Download's not working for me, but it ight be the computer I'm using currently.

We're complaining because no self-respecting alien-destroying soldier would wear baby-blue in combat. :tongue:

A closer look at those sets makes me not want any of them now, oh well. But yeah, I'm not a 7-12 year old kid, that's the problem right there.

And it is still just regular blue. As in "One of Lego's five first colours ever". Not baby-blue at all... And yes: There are self-respecting soldiers/policemen wearing blue in RL. And frankly: Reminding me of myself at 7-12 I myself yould've loathed baby-blue! So blue, just blue, IS a valid colour choice.

Edited by Cutty

Thanks so much, Sajer. Download's not working for me, but it ight be the computer I'm using currently.

Could be the internets or mediafire's problem, shouldn't be your computer. Wait and try another day. Happens to my downloads there sometimes.

And it is still just regular blue. As in "One of Lego's five first colours ever". Not baby-blue at all... And yes: There are self-respecting soldiers/policemen wearing blue in RL. And frankly: Reminding me of myself at 7-12 I myself yould've loathed baby-blue! So blue, just blue, IS a valid colour choice.

They were so totally baby-blue in the pics I saw, maybe it was just a bad scan then.

And yeah, the mediafire isn't working, I'll try again later

Edited by DrNightmare

Alien Conquest looks like a big win to me. And I can't help thinking that TLG has figured out how to best pull in the AFOL community: retro sci-fi.

SPIII pulled me out of my dark ages; Alien Conquest will keep me out. Just wait until those saucers meet a fully-armed wing of Raid VPRs!

Ahem.

French+UNIFIL+soldiers.jpg

These guys (UNIFIL soldiers, for those who don't recognise it) regularly put themselves in harm's way wearing not only baby blue berets, but also baby blue body armor. They go to the worst trouble spots in the world, places where the US military doesn't deign to go and where nobody wants them, and they do their best to keep peace. Having seen them in the field, I have no problem with my Lego resistance fighters wearing baby blue.

It looks like classic space. I think this is going to make it! Great new theme with great sets. Especially the Alien Abduction set is great, with that farmer :tongue:

Ahem.

*snip*

These guys (UNIFIL soldiers, for those who don't recognise it) regularly put themselves in harm's way wearing not only baby blue berets, but also baby blue body armor. They go to the worst trouble spots in the world, places where the US military doesn't deign to go and where nobody wants them, and they do their best to keep peace. Having seen them in the field, I have no problem with my Lego resistance fighters wearing baby blue.

oooooooh that's a whole different kind of alien threat...

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

After seeing the higher resolution uploads on flickr, I have to say I'm really excited about this theme. The only part I'm not too keen on is the light and sound affects on the different models. And I'm interested to know how the abduction function works on 7052 UFO Abduction.

Ahem.

French+UNIFIL+soldiers.jpg

Yeah, but they're not fighting aliens from outer space, so there. :tongue:

Yeah, but they're not fighting aliens from outer space, so there. :tongue:

Right you are, but I could imagine a scenario where UNIFIL forms the backbone of the human relief effort and the earliest stages of the resistance, and the ADF is built around the UNIFIL structure, so they keep the blue. Of course, American politicians would fight this with every fiber of their being, but since the first thing the aliens did was bomb the bejeezus out of the US military-industrial infrastructure, nobody cares what POTUS says anymore.

After seeing the higher resolution uploads on flickr, I have to say I'm really excited about this theme. The only part I'm not too keen on is the light and sound affects on the different models. And I'm interested to know how the abduction function works on 7052 UFO Abduction.

Is it actually a function or just part of the box art? I guess a magnetic function might work, but personally I don't think it's actually a feature of the set.

It seems that at least two of the sets come only with civilians instead of the ADF troopers. That's interesting, maybe we'll see similar minifig treatment in other themes. I don't think there are nearly enough civilians in general.

Exactly. Wait, are we?

I just don't think the colour is good as it doesn't match up with the dark blue their ships have as their colour scheme. If their vehicles were that colour, it might be more acceptable. I prefer the dark blue though, and the minifigs would probably look better if they were the same shade of blue.

Wait, dark blue? To me in the prelims it looks like the human vehicles are a shade of a new color? Something between violet meets dark blue...

It could be the lighting in the photo, can anyone id the color?

Great to see the clear pictures, I guess the "brain slugs" are actually "alien pets" :laugh: That makes me laugh, but it only makes sense to market it to kids that way, after all saying "let's get the one with the brain-sucking slug" sounds a bit above PG.

These confirm a few things:

1) there are 4 different alien heads + 1 "alien pet"

2) These have sound functions

3) There are 3 sets with civilians (farmer, businessman, and a news anchor in the mother-ship set (she has a longer microphone piece)

4) new double-barrel handgun and (unfortunately) flick-fire missiles all around

5) there is something white in the Earth Defense HQ set in the little vehicle being driven by the scientist, which looks like it's swimming in a little tank. I wonder if this is some alien artifact!

These are looking better and better with each new wave of pics! :wub: