Fugazi

2011 Alien Conquest

So the big jaws alien is one, the long headed alien is two and there's a third small alien that seems like a brain bug facehugger thing that turns humans into aliens. oh and a fourth that looks a little similar to the squidhead alien from space police. the alien from collectible minifigs and Rench from space police 3 will fit in really well with these other aliens.

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

Thanks, those pictures show the color sceme much better. I like the classic space aspects of the humans but I don't the retro ufo's as much. I will probably be getting a lot of the alien strikers to get more humans but I don't see my self geting any of the ufo sets.

Edited by captain jari

Wow! Thanks for those pics! Looks like there are Brain Slugs which are head gear that you can put onto minifigs! :wub:

If you look at the HQ picture in the lower right,you can see a alien disguised as a human!It appears the theme will have original aliens,and "infected" humans!

If you look at the HQ picture in the lower right,you can see a alien disguised as a human!It appears the theme will have original aliens,and "infected" humans!

Actually, I think those are alien organisms that attach on to minifig heads like head crabs or facehuggers. The alien in the defender set is pretty cute, I want three.

Basically, this theme is going to be fantastic for space fans.

On a side note, could we find the uploader and request close-up shots of the set images? I'm pretty sure they can get bigger than that.

Edited by ---Vertea---

Very nice! I like this theme, but with all the other great themes this year, I don't think I'll be able to get most of the sets. However, they look great and I can't wait to see prices and more pics. :classic:

Thanks for the second batch of images! Alright I'm sold - these look fantastic. The parts used get a big :thumbup: from me. The alien mothership looks a lot smaller than upon first inspection, but it's still awesome nevertheless. I can't wait to get my hands on these.

Here's looking forward to a wave # 2 already!

YES! YES! YES! I love these. Not quite a return to classic space themes like blacktron, futuron, and ice planet. But I love it all the same. I can see why people don't care too much for the human vehicles (they do remind me of the Agent theme), but I think they are awesome! I'm very much looking forward to High-Res images and the toy fair in February

I'm not terribly impressed with the human side vehicles but the alien one's look great. I love the tripod. I can see a few of those stampeding across my city. love the new dome piece.

The aliens look quite cool. Compatible with power miners and space police. Nifty.

I think the Defense HQ has some potential to be a decent set; I like the rotating fighter lauchpad on top of the truck. But its also clearly the most expensive one, and the alien mothership looks much better to me.

As others have said, I'm really loving the B movie vibe to these. In particular, I like how the alien designs appear to vary. If you look close you can see the heads are a little more elongated and generically "alien" as opposed to the grunt worker we saw in that catalog shot, so I'm guessing there will be different varieties. Personally I'm hoping for some kind of alien emperor for the mothership set, which is growing on me rapidly.

It's been a long time since I've liked a LEGO theme as much as I'm liking these. I've never picked up an entire theme before but I just might this time.

-snip-

Nevermind. Didn't read the thread properly.

Sets:

7049 Alien Striker

7050 Alien Defender

7051 Tripod Invader

7052 UFO Abduction

7065 Alien Mothership

7066 Earth Defence HQ

7067 Jet-Copter Encounter

Is that a pitchfork from Castle I'm seeing in 7052? Hopefully it gets past the prelims or something.

Edited by Sajer

From poring over the images for a long while there's definitely four distinct alien types. fat head, long head, squid head and the brain bug/critter alien 'thing'. Which is just fantastic. Proper head moulds with real variety that will allow for army building but also have the differences to create rank or alien culture diversity.

Me, I'm thinking an alien planet landscape with city is how I'll approach this. With the Earth force as invaders attempting to conquer the aliens. I figure someone has to be on the side of the aliens. And I really don't like blue Lego. I have to back the side that fights the guys in blue. :thumbup:

While I can't link any pictures I have seen, I am sure many of you have already come across and heard of the new Space theme for the next year: Alien Conquest.

From what I have seen, it looks to be good fun, like UFO and Insectoids before it, a space theme focusing on the aliens.

So chaps, shall we discuss?

So chaps, shall we discuss?

What an excellent idea.

It looks interesting, but, though the building style looks better, do I see the reappearance of lots of old parts? Maybe just my iPhone not liking flickr.

EDIT: Oh yeah, my interest in space themes just shot up. Please Lego...SELL THESE IN THE UK!

Edited by The crazy one

At least we could post the sets names:

Sets:

7049 Alien Striker

7050 Alien Defender

7051 Tripod Invader

7052 UFO Abduction

7065 Alien Mothership

7066 Earth Defence HQ

7067 Jet-Copter Encounter

All sets looks amazing like from the old UFO movies (OMG TRIPOD) and What the heck? Pitchfork in my space?!

I noiced FIVE different heads:

-One with brain

-One with silver visor

-One "headcrab" xD

-One that we know:

alien.png

and one slimmer than previous but with the same color.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Is it just me or with Lego releasing the collectable minifigs they are testing the public's reaction etc., to a new idea or rehash of an old one.

Tell me which action or sci-fi theme hasn't been a rehash of an old one......didn't we once have a theme called UFO ?

Keep on waiting for pictures while hunting aliens ! :wink:

Tell me which action or sci-fi theme hasn't been a rehash of an old one......didn't we once have a theme called UFO ?

But this time we have aliens riding them and humans fighting them. :wink:

Hey it's a time- tested formula! If you were going to bring back a theme to sell after 20 years of absence it might as well blow the previous one out of the water! And if you are the Lego Company and can't decide whether to bring back classic space, or UFO, might as well merge the two and satisfy everybody! :laugh:

This theme is really growing on to me :classic: The UFO seems like a pretty decent set, the humans are a little bit underpowerd with their vehicles. But just a question, On the lower right corner of the Alien mothership and the UFO abduction is a small add for something, I don't know what it is but I think it can be for the UFo abduction a light brick, and for the alien mothership a sound brick.

This theme is really growing on to me :classic: The UFO seems like a pretty decent set, the humans are a little bit underpowerd with their vehicles. But just a question, On the lower right corner of the Alien mothership and the UFO abduction is a small add for something, I don't know what it is but I think it can be for the UFo abduction a light brick, and for the alien mothership a sound brick.

On the mother ship it's a sound feature if you look at the waves coming off it looks exactly like the adds that used to come on the "insectoids" theme sets. It's most likley going to have a classic hover sound and the all-so-popular and now cliche flying saucer take-off sound, as well as some 50's laser effects :wink:

Aliens are attacking earth and we decide to fight them in.... baby blue space suits!? What the heck!? :tongue:

I'll probably still buy some if the ships are cool enough.