Fugazi

2011 Alien Conquest

These look amazing! All the spaceships are excellent, especially the mothership that spins. All the minifigures look amazing, especially the aliens with their brains sticking out and the female reporter with glasses. All the new human faces are wonderful too. Thanks for the pictures!

Thank you very much for this information, these pics and the video! :classic:

Although I'm absolutely no Space fan (I even don't own any Space set and even will never buy one (at least not for myself), I must admit that I really like this new Space theme! :thumbup:

The reason for this is supposably since it looks - much more than all previous Space themes - more like a "realistic" Space theme (with vehicles and characters you could imagine to exist).

The most I like following two minifigures:

-female news speaker :wub:

-man with dark-blue pinstripe suit :wub:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

It turns out that instead of large trans blue pieces, what seemed like that in the preliminary pictures were a lot of trans light blue pieces in each of the sections of the circle.

I like the return of the trans green antenna, I remember suggesting those pieces to the AFOL poll last year.

The tank is pretty bulky and a tank, still not sure I will get it, but my opinion has improved.

I love Alien Conquest... this will be awesome! :grin:

But are all the space troopers female...?

Wow! I hadn't been reading this thread, but after seeing the Toyfair pictures, I'm really interested in this theme! I might have to start saving up even more for my summer LEGO money. :classic:

And more detailed views of the minifigs and aliens can be found in

(go to 2:14) posted by JuniperX in another thread!

I had a bit of spare time so I translated the german quotes:

"The story of Alien Conquest is invented by Lego itself and deals about aliens coming to earth to steal the intelligence of the people.

This happens by setting themselves on their head, and suck the intelligence so to speak.

And people have created an alien defense unit to prevent it.

The first TV (??? that's what she said! :wacko: ) article is the great alien spaceship with a rotatable outer wheel and a wonderful sound effect.

When I turn the wheel there is a sound of a real UFO, so to speak.

The second article is called the mobile defense headquarters which offers many ways to play.

We have a large vehicle that can also be parted in the vehicle and the trailer and the trailer can finally completely be separated from it.

In the front there are also four missiles which can be fired at once - I will shortly show - and here we have the launch pad for the aircraft.

Also this part, I can take down, so that from the original vehicle a proper National Defense is created.

In the front there is another highlight, the so-called prison capsule for the aliens.

In this they can get caught to be finally accurately examined in the laboratory."

I figured out what the tiny alien's used for! After a quick edit in Photoshop...

5421270014_99a1e05de5.jpg

So it seems you were absolutely right, mahjqa! :thumbup:

I take back all the things I said about this line :tongue:

The blue isn't obnoxious and that vehicle looks pretty tough. The big alien ship has the feel of very old alien movie posters, love it.

Amazing! I love the big Alien Mothership. The play features and the alien overlord are huge bonuses. The human minifigures are much better than expected. The leg print and brand new gun mold make them worth the money.

I think LEGO was going for a "classic" feel with the baby-blue color scheme, and I agree, its less obnoxious now that we're seeing it in use. The Earth Defense HQ looks extremely bulky but it seems like it could potentially have an awesome interior, which would be great- LEGO's been skimping on those. I'm liking this theme more and more and I will buy whatever set I have to to get that alien cyborg... that's seriously the coolest minifig I've seen since the original UFO line.

I guess the mothership is a little sparse now that I look at it, but I still don't dislike the design. It all comes down to price, as usual.

This is going to be a very promising line! :thumbup:

What I see here, is going to be a combination of both Town and Sci-Fiction putting together as one fun play theme. This is going to be like those Mars Attack movie kinda of stuff, plus I enjoy this better in a town setting. Looks like I am going to keep a close watch on this upcoming theme. :sweet:

This is going to be a very promising line! :thumbup:

What I see here, is going to be a combination of both Town and Sci-Fiction putting together as one fun play theme. This is going to be like those Mars Attack movie kinda of stuff, plus I enjoy this better in a town setting. Looks like I am going to keep a close watch on this upcoming theme. :sweet:

I'm looking forward to this! Your dead on about 'Mars Attacks'. It made me think of 'Destroy All Humans'.

Can't wait for a farmtown animal ufo abduction moc. *mooo* :laugh:

Wow, how did I miss this for so long?!

Tell me about it! I somehow managed to avoid most references to this theme anywhere on EB until today. I'd seen vague references to "Alien Conquest" in various other posts here and there, and just accepted it as the new space-action theme for 2011 but didn't investigate further. I am so tickled to see such a cool "retro sci-fi" theme like this. Alas, my terrible finances keep me from getting all the stuff I want even now, and I don't expect this to be much different...

I'm going to have to do a better job of keeping up with the Sci-Fi forum, I see...

I love Alien Conquest, I said to myself when Space police was realsed I was going to buy some but I never did, Hopefully when these sets are released I will buy some default_classic.gif,

Woooooo hooooooo!

I mean-ahem-I meant to say these sets look awsome! :classic:

If I brought the UFO it wouldn't fit in my Lego area :oh3: It looks about 40-50 studs wide :oh:

The Alien cyborg looks amazing and a bit ugly (but in a good way :grin: )

I feel a bit greedy saying this since I just got worked up about Ninjago but, I am defentaily going to get these for my birthday :thumbup:

Pompommini out :alien:

It turns out that instead of large trans blue pieces, what seemed like that in the preliminary pictures were a lot of trans light blue pieces in each of the sections of the circle.

I don't know if it was just me, but I thought it was obvious that there weren't large pieces there. It's just box art.

The large vehicle is pretty cool. It can split and be changed into different configurations, judging from the video. I wish they were sold separately though, I like the front segment of the vehicle with the cannons on top. :classic:

Edit: I think that the humans have different torsos now. The ADF logo seems less noticeable (from memory).

Edited by Delta 38

Steal Intelligence? :hmpf: What a stupid idea, you'd think that an advanced civilisation that could come to earth would be smart enough, so how could we know anything more than them :wacko:

But besides, it's a cool theme.

Steal Intelligence? :hmpf: What a stupid idea, you'd think that an advanced civilisation that could come to earth would be smart enough, so how could we know anything more than them :wacko:

Aliens can't play the guitar, so they have to steal that talent from us.

This look like it might be an OK theme.

I might buy some of the sets for part only.

Steal Intelligence? :hmpf:

At least they aren't stealing crystals. Golly geez have I had enough of people/things stealing crystals. Plus, it's really easy to pretend that instead of stealing intelligence, they're stealing brains. You know, as a fine delicacy.

Also, I paused the video and counted up just how many studs across the Alien Mothership is. The sucker's coming in at a radius of TWENTY SEVEN studs, plus fins/guns. That's right, nearly sixty studs across. I think this is going to be one of those rare cases where the size of the finished set is equal to or even exceeds its size on the box :wub:

My thoughts exactly! Finally, a minifig I can keep in uncustomised form. Is that a new torso? Would be nice to get him in flesh, but I digress...

Wow, that cyborg is great. Unfortunately, I won't be getting him, but that commander is a very close second. I didn't expect tentacles, but that's definitely a nice addition. :classic:

Edit: Success! It appears that the Doctor-like minifig is in the tripod set! :laugh:

I don't see any yellow on the torso itself so I think we can easily make our favorite Doctor :wink:

Yea I was surprised about the tentacles too, a very good way to use them too

They need more brains... *eerie scifi sound*

That truck is amazing - perhaps a bit kiddie, maybe needs modding - but it's a superb APC design. Think it's the set I'm most looking forward to this year

That giant mothership is daft - huge but empty, takes up a lot of space for something that's basically just a cockpit

Hello im new here. Ive been watching this topic since it first began and i only decided to join now because Im quite lazy.

For the first thing id like to point out is a change of logo

:wacko:I cant seem to post the picture of the updated version of the logo but just crop a logo from one of the toyfair pics and compare it to the original. So am I right or am I right? Also this has probobly been comfirmed but to the people who dont beileive, in the UFO ubduction or watever the heck it was called (sorry im not that good at remembering set names :wacko:) On the box it says Abduction function AND light plus I read something, somewhere, something about a guy who I have heard that works at Lego (some one mentioned this by the way)(forgot his name)(I sometimes buy those magazines for AFOLS at the Lego store) which this guy was talking about where Im not sure if he was intervewing the guy at LEGO (sorry my memory is quite a disaster :wacko:) where he said he saw the set or something and mentioned lots of small peices in the capture function. That rules out magnets, so im wondering if you fly over the fig, and press a button on the ship or what, and an arm grabs the fig (im not talking about the mothership). Im not very siked about having to fly close to the fig fig, but then again magnets wouldnt have a good pull with the level i wanted to abduct the minifigs, plus that means you could only abduct the farmer. Like I say, "If you just think a little, you can learn a lot". So any suggestions on the function?